[Xbox 360] Please remove necessity of "Weapon Picker" from config

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Xbox 360] Please remove necessity of "Weapon Picker" from config

Hello Epic, I really like the game but I'm having some trouble with the button configuration.

The default controls on the 360 pad have the radial "weapon picker" menu on the LB button. Infact all 3 configs have a weapon picker menu.

However, I would prefer to customise the control so that I can remove the weapon picker menu from LB and instead use "previous weapon" as the cycle option. But when i do this, and select to "confirm" - I get an error message telling me that an "essential configuration option" is missing and I can not progress.

Personally, I would prefer not to feature the weapon picker on my controls at all, and I do not see why the game will not allow me to continue playing without one if I have 2 weapon cycles (ie previous and next weapon) on the pad instead!

I would request this is remedied in a patch so that I do not need "weapon picker" on my pad.

just put the weapon picker on a button you don't use (like the D-Pad, or L3)

Comment

This isn't a 360 Trash talk comment ( I also own one) but if in fact the options to fully map keys on the 360 is limited than that's just pants really. I can't think of one single 360 Title that allows fully custom controls. Most PS3 games don't have that feature either, but at least UT3 and RFoM does, which is really great. Again, this feature has been included in PC games for many many years now, why when developing a game for consoles such feature not added as standard?

Comment

Originally posted by Tailsnake View Post
        just put the weapon picker on a button you don't use (like the D-Pad, or L3)
        But I am using all the other buttons - that's the trouble. So having to place weapon picker radial menu on another button is a pain.

My ideal set-up would be using the button config 1, but just switching the LB from "weapon picker" to "previous weapon" (thereby dropping weapon picker) and I'd be very happy, but UT3 Xbox does not allow this!

The radial weapon picker just takes up too much space on the screen anyway when you're in battle, and I find that using the LB and RB buttons MUCH quicker to cycle through the weapons and concentrate on what's going on in front of me.

Comment

I'm not sure how it is on the 360 version, but by default on the PS3 there are two buttons assigned to Jump, just change one of those to the weapon picker. This is assuming the 360 and PS3 have the same amount of buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by Tailsnake View Post
            I'm not sure how it is on the 360 version, but by default on the PS3 there are two buttons assigned to Jump, just change one of those to the weapon picker. This is assuming the 360 and PS3 have the same amount of buttons.
            I've tried that, but the problem is this:
            1. I don't like the using the left analogue for jumping, as I find double clicking for double jumping a pain.

2. Not for me because I don't want to use it (but for players that want previous weapon and weapon picker this way), moving to "A" becomes a useless position because the only way the radial menu for weapon picker works is by using the right thumbstick for weapon selection! But the location of the "A" button is to the right of the right thumbstick, so to use the radial menu you have to take your left hand off the left stick and move it to the right stick while holding "A" with your right hand.

Comment

Working...
            X