Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UT3 Patch for Xbox 360

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    UT3 Patch for Xbox 360

    i have been playing UT3 for the 360 for a few days now and a few things are annoying me.

    Team colours.
    i go into a CTF match, so the people on the red team are red and the people on the blue team are blue. well not in UT3 on 360. i thought i was being team killed, then i found out there is no Friendly fire. some skins screw up the automated blue and red colours. i don't know for which skins this is the case but im guessing ronin because they are red by nature.
    this is the most major problem in the game right now, because of this i'm never sure if it's a team mate or an enemy that comes around the cornor. so basically in a while everyone is going to be using those skins and everyone will be red.
    this needs to be fixed ASAP.

    Ping.
    on the PS3 version i hear a ping bar was patched into the game, after many complaints from the Ps3 users. you've been hard at work for several months getting the 360 version ready, but i guess you forgot the add the ping bar on 360 as well. this should be patched in, because right now i have to join to see if its laggy and it's really annoying because it might cost me 5 minutes to find a lag free server.

    Mutators.
    there should be a way to search for games with specific traits. i like to play a little instagib now and then, but i have to join server after server to find one.

    Dedicated server.
    i was going to dinner, and i had the brilliant idea to host a dedicated server from my own box to encourage other people to do the same sometime. but what i found out was that i couldn't even spectate the matches on my server. i find this strange because you can spectate if you are a challenger on someone elses server. why can't we spectate as a dedicated server host, even though we can vote which map to play.

    and at last i would like to make a suggestion: you said you were bringing the best custom content as DLC. i suggest you bring a new mutator that allows players to swap out super-pick ups. that would be really cool because that would allow us to make our own custom maps (kind of) by combining the weapon swap mutator and the new super-pick up swap mutator.

    feel free to comment on the problems i listed, or tell people about your own problems you encountered.

    #2
    Originally posted by HeLlSpawn
    On PS3 we don't get to spectate at all, so your lucky but that's lame you don't get to when your hosting. Maybe they did it that way because the whole point to dedicate is to take up less resources and watching it at the same time would defeat that purpose?
    He was talking about spectating duels which we can do just fine.

    Comment


      #3
      Patch or no buy.

      Comment


        #4
        All of this stuff needs to be patched ASAP. It's really sad that it's not fixed by the third version.

        Comment


          #5
          The only real problem I see here is the team color switching.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by HeLlSpawn
            Still though, PC has spectate on all game modes, wish the ps3 had it too!
            I expect it's a problem of technicality, not choice. PC has mostly dedicated servers that can handle the throughput this feature would require, without causing lag for other players. Aside from the official Epic servers, console games are played mostly on listen servers.

            Keeping in mind that a spectator would be the same as or more heavily taxing than an actual player, and listen servers are usually very limited on upload bandwidth, even just a few spectators would probably probably lag most servers.

            Keep in mind this is an educated guess, but it makes sense; duels remain feasible on consoles because of the low player count.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by shombowhore View Post
              I expect it's a problem of technicality, not choice. PC has mostly dedicated servers that can handle the throughput this feature would require, without causing lag for other players. Aside from the official Epic servers, console games are played mostly on listen servers.

              Keeping in mind that a spectator would be the same as or more heavily taxing than an actual player, and listen servers are usually very limited on upload bandwidth, even just a few spectators would probably probably lag most servers.

              Keep in mind this is an educated guess, but it makes sense; duels remain feasible on consoles because of the low player count.
              Warhawk and Resistance seem to do fine with 32 players R2 is going to have 64 players...

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by HeLlSpawn View Post
                Warhawk and Resistance seem to do fine with 32 players R2 is going to have 64 players...
                Those games aren't as intense and don't look as good as UT3.(r2 might look better however but thats cell power ya know)
                R2 has........60 players(can't wait for it)

                Comment


                  #9
                  Everything said here should be fixed. Please get to work on this so you can make UT3 for the 360 the best experience possible.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Ax2l_NL, I agree with most of your points, particularly about the lack of pings!

                    Originally posted by Ax3l_NL View Post
                    Mutators.
                    there should be a way to search for games with specific traits. i like to play a little instagib now and then, but i have to join server after server to find one.
                    I really love this suggestion. It would be GREAT to have an extra filter option to view mutators being used and decide accordingly whether or not to join a game from the list.

                    In general I feel that UT3 could have made so much more of it's customisation aspect in regards to it's mutators. Most people when setting up and hosting their games may not even bother to change the mutators from the default settings, and because there's NO WAY to browse mutator changes or filter mutators from a server list it's like their full potential is not realised from either the host or the client yet. UT3 should really highlight it's customisation and use that, but the system seems to funnel players down a more standard avenue rather than highlight this stuff. It's just not intuitive to search for, which is disappointing.

                    In some respects (and it pains me to say this), Halo 3 has the right kind of idea for map or game customisation within a closed network like Microsoft Xbox Live.

                    For Halo 3, user content is generated entirely through the "Forge" mode (Halo's version of an in-game map/mode editor) which allows gamers to "edit" the current maps by taking away crates or weapon spawns and placing other items from a pre-defined list. Placement changes are saved to a small data file which logs locations of items, etc and can be downloaded by any player. This was a great idea from Bungie to allow user created content as they knew that Xbox Live is a closed, restrictive network that would not allow complete new maps built from scratch - and this was the way that would allow creativity.

                    I was hoping that EPIC and Unreal would copy and improve Halo's Forge system for UT3 on Xbox 360 because the Bungie model has clearly been a success, and is probably the only way for Xbox users to get "new" content.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Heres another problem. Many people are complaining that their characters are moving left without them actually touching the left thumbstick. I guess theres a problem with the deadzone for the left thumbstick. The PS3 version had this problem too at launch, until it got patched. Heres a thread where many people are experiencing this problem: http://forums.xbox.com/21233166/ShowPost.aspx

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Malakai View Post
                        Heres another problem. Many people are complaining that their characters are moving left without them actually touching the left thumbstick. I guess theres a problem with the deadzone for the left thumbstick. The PS3 version had this problem too at launch, until it got patched. Heres a thread where many people are experiencing this problem: http://forums.xbox.com/21233166/ShowPost.aspx
                        The problem is still there for the PS3, it didn't get patched a lot of people either gave up on complaining or bought new controllers

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Tailsnake View Post
                          The problem is still there for the PS3, it didn't get patched a lot of people either gave up on complaining or bought new controllers
                          Wow, that sucks hard. I would've thought that it got fixed.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I'm pretty sure epic has essentially abandoned the PS3 version, but I would've thought a lot of these issues would be fixed in the 7 months between the PS3 release and the 360 release.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              the colour arent a real problem i have the 360 to and you see a name above your allies

                              there is only 1 little problem
                              The game freezes sometimes...
                              i had this 2 times now 1 time whit campain and 1 time when i tried to join a game

                              (dont say its my CD i just got it today and i checked it after there is not even dirt on it)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X