Can i? (PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can i? (PC)

Note: Don't know if this is the right place to post this.. if not i'm sorry and could a mod move it...

Anyways im wanting to pick up UT3.. but i have one problem.. i just built my PC but it was on budget and i didnt get the greatest card.. i was wondering with my GPU card if i could even slightly run UT3... on mayb low settings haha?

My card: SAPPHIRE 100218L Radeon HD 2600XT 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16

And also.. i use to love the classic Unreal Tournament.. use to love the instantgib servers... is there alot of servers like that.. like a instantgib mod where their are just instantgib guns?

One last thing.. about how big is the online community in the game?

Thanks for any help

What procossor do you have?

The online UT3 community is very small compared to how big the old communities were in the beginning of when those started. This is because of many reasons, consoles, a buggy release, no advertising, etc. When you take all those things into acount you are surprised how many people still are online at all, this has one cause and that is the great gameplay that UT3 has to offer. There are some instagib servers the last time I checked, not much but some.

Comment

i'm not sure, i'm not a professional. but if your main processor is up to snuff(2g+ single) probably? the rest of your system specs would help squash any more speculation on my part.
      the online community is still growing, and there's amazing content out there.
      i work weird hours, so when i get online, it seems a bit sparse, but i always find a good place to play with reasonable skill,ping,and challenge.

just get it...i can tell that you are not afraid, just unsure...

Comment

Well the card handles UT3 nicely, now it depends on how much ram you have and wich cpu.

I have a buddy that runs UT3 on a P4 3.4 with 4 gb ram and with that card and has the settings on 2\3 1280x1024 and runs pretty well with no stuttering or weird frame drops.

Comment

Well, im running AMD Athlon 5000+ 2.6GHZ which can be overclocked... and also have 2GB of RAM....

What would you guys say would be the avrage amount of people on during prime time... doesn't it tell you when you generate server....

And also.. does UT3 have FoV.. like they did on the classic UT where you can change fov. and view your whole guy instead of from gun view..

Comment

dude you could definitely run UT3 with a 5000+ and 2600XT. is it a black edition?

and yea you can change FoV.

Comment

Originally posted by RUKKUS View Post
              dude you could definitely run UT3 with a 5000+ and 2600XT. is it a black edition?

Yeah its BE just updated Sig

Comment

Originally posted by RUKKUS View Post
                Except it's capped at 100, so widescreen users are screwed.

Comment

When I first played UT3, i was using a 2600XT and a dual core AMD Opteron165 at 2.2Ghz it ran it fine, but i had to tweak the game a good amount and had to drop the rez to 1280x800
                  check link in sig for tweaks.

Comment

I'm running a 2.0ghz processor at 3.6, with an "ancient" ATI X850XL, and it runs around 50fps at 1280x1024 with max settings. I imagine since I don't support shader model 3, though, I'm losing a fair amount of quality that would also slow down more recent graphics cards. (I did turn on a bunch of graphics options in the INI once, that slowed me down to sub-1 fps, things that are not in the menus)

Comment

One of my systems is a P4-3.2GHz HT with 2GB 800MHz RAM and an ATI X1950Pro 512MB.
                      At 1280x1024 and full detail settings UT3 still plays good on it.

Dual or Quad Core with the latest video is definitely smoother, but the support for older hardware is good.

Comment

Working...
                      X