Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how much space does ut3 need (realistically)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    How do u people play 1 custom map out of like 100,000,000 when there are only like 50ppl online @ one time?

Do u organize it with ur 24 friends, play in single player...? and wtf cxb?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    14GB of custom content for me so far.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My UT2004 folder is over 40GB, I play it much more than UT3 at the moment. If I get a new PC then things could change. I have over 8GB of UT3 custom content on the PS3 though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i have 17 gig of costummaps and models and mod

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm at 12 gigs now. Mostly dm maps which i only play around with offline.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm at 9.47gb. I have a few custom maps that are played on the bigger DM/Warfare/vCTF servers, but not a whole lot of crazy custom content. In comparison to 2k4 (11.4gb) 5gb of that space was for screenshots/demos for competition and nostalgia.

Not much competition in UT3, not many screenshots, and definitely no client side demos, so I don't see my folder size ballooning any time soon. FYI the "My Games/UT3" folder on the C drive is only at 1.5gb, that's the part that will grow, not the main directory.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    you could realistically hit 20gb if you like custom content.
    im already up to 11gb and i dont even have much custom content at all (dont even have the bonus packs)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    a clean UT3 install with only patch+official bonus pack is 8.14 GB
    depends on how many custom servers you play how much larger it will get

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, my UT2004 folder is currently 16.1 gigs... that's after a clean up several months ago. I'd say expect to need at least double the size of UT3 out of the box. (16 gigs).
    Congrats on the new pc.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic how much space does ut3 need (realistically)

how much space does ut3 need (realistically)

With maps downloaded from servers and bonus packs how many gigs are we talking about here?
Working...
X