Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hoverboard - barrier grinding

first time post cuz I haven't seen this before

Near the Downtown red prime node, I just found it's possible to grind along the top of the barrier. Totally rad!

Also, yesterday, some rocket scientist fragged me doing a 360 in the Downtown halfpipe. I think that was a code violation. :-)

other hoverboard tricks?

rael2rael

hold the crouch button, and while pressing the left or right button, release the crouch button
    or while you are in the air after a crouch jump, press the left or right mouse button and watch what happens
    combinations of both are also possible

be careful because you can fall XD

Comment

for a minute you made feel like i was in the 80's again lol
      Originally posted by rael2rael View Post
      Totally rad!

Comment

Awesome tips Ronvdl!

Translated for the PS3 controller ...

hold the crouch button (R3) , and while pressing the L1 or R1 button, release the crouch button

or while you are in the air after a crouch jump (hold and release R3), press the L1 or R1 button and watch what happens

Anyone can translate for xbox?

Comment

Translated for the 360 controller ...

hold the crouch button (RS) , and while pressing the LB or RB button, release the crouch button

or while you are in the air after a crouch jump (hold and release RS), press the LB or RB button and watch what happens

All I did was translate the button names, so I may be wrong if different buttons are mapped to different things on the PS3.

Comment

np

are L1 and R1 the fire buttons? because that's not what i meant with pressing left or right while crouching
            i meant the strafe left/right buttons

but the tricks while flying are with the fire buttons

Comment

Thanks Ronvdl.

Here is a clarification and correction...

With the PS3 controller if you hold down R3, you will be propelled forward even if you don't touch the left stick. Releasing R3 gives a straight ahead crouch jump.

While in air after a crouch jump, to execute a 'method air', hit R1, or get 'frontside air', by hitting L1.

BUT, if while holding down R3, tilting the left stick to the right or left will cause you to 'wind up' so that upon releasing R3, you will execute a 360; rotation direction depends on left stick tilt direction.

AND, combinations are possible! Check it out!

Comment

Working...
              X