Mic button [Xbox 360]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mic button [Xbox 360]

I have just bought UT3 today for the Xbox 360 and I am loving it, I just have one small problem though. Now I know mic buttons in consoles are always going to be awkward in some way but for a game as fast-paced as UT3 you shouldn't have to press anything. It halts all movement and leaves you a sitting duck. What's worse is that you have to hold it down for the duration you want to talk.

I think UT3 should have a similar system to Halo where you don't have to press anything. For a game like UT3 communication is essential and I shouldn't have to let go of the control stick and sit there like an idiotic when I want to talk.

Unless I'm missing something and there is an option to fix this already in the game, please enlighten me.

PS3 users have been complaining about this same issue since December.

Comment

There is a solution though, at least for the PS3 there is and is actually a nice feature as most ppl also complain about open VoIP Channels in public rooms. Well, like I said at least on the PS3 all you have to do in order to toggle VoIP On/Off is hold down the VoIP Button and press start while holding down the VoIP Button. Ok, the game will be paused, released the VoIP Button and press Start again to back in the game. The only flaw with this feature on the PS3 is that this doesn't work while K/M is enable in the room. But since the 360 version doesn't support K/M I don't see a problem with that.

Hope that helps,

Btw 2 questions,

1. Does UT3 support fully customizable controls on the 360?

2. The VoIP Channel Quality, is it great as it is on the PS3 ( one of the best qualities of VoIP on PS3 games along with RFoM) or does it run from the 360's Standard XBL VoIP Channel?

Comment

Originally posted by MoonBlood View Post
        PS3 users have been complaining about this same issue since December.
        PS3 we can lock the mic on, so i cant see why people are! When you say PS3 users do you actually mean you? because your not sure how?

Comment

Originally posted by HeLlSpawn View Post
          PS3 we can lock the mic on, so i cant see why people are! When you say PS3 users do you actually mean you? because your not sure how?
          I was saying that based on what I've seen on these forums. This was something that many PS3 users complained about for some time on here. I guess it was fixed or you guys found a work-around for it. Hopefully, the 360 users will find a way to get this fixed as well.

Comment

The problem with the PS3 Retail version wasn't really the game but the users, most ppl didn't know how to toggle the channel on/off. Well the fact that didn't help either was that there was no mic icon in the game, but this was added with the patch update. Is there goin to be a next fix patch for the PS3 version. I assume that the 360's Retail version would be slightly updated as the way it was with the PS3 US and Eu version when released few months later.

Comment

Yeah this has been frustrating me too. I want a constant mic on option.

Comment

ps3 fix doesnt work on 360, easiest way is to use left stick click as talk, doesnt get in the way of playing. try it

Comment

boooo talk buttons

open mics FTW. I haven't played a game with a talk button since PS2.

Comment

It's probably a bandwidth issue. If they had the mics open they probably wouldn't be able to get the network performance necessary for lag free play. Halo has it open for teams of four or less. Any more and it's PTT. Maybe they should do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainBAMF View Post
                      boooo talk buttons

open mics FTW. I haven't played a game with a talk button since PS2.
                      Originally posted by Eon View Post
                      Yeah this has been frustrating me too. I want a constant mic on option.
                      that's something incredible!!
                      we cannot talk in our team cause a button. we are a group of Italian guys who have bhought the game (360 version) to play together and I think it's unbelieveble that we cannot talk... specially in same type of games, in WARFARE we need to talk!

fix this problem, please

ps has this topic stay in "Troubleshooting & Technology", hasnt it??

Comment

Hope someone at epic could fix it. Imho is not a problem of bandwidth...no reason to make it so frustrant..

p.s. great game anyway

Comment

If you want to be in open chat the whole game, follow these steps.

1. Hold chat button.
                          2 Press start.
                          3. Let go of chat button.

Comment

How about no mic button but a mute option like cod 4?

Comment

I'm buying the game next Tuesday, i hope this VC problem ain't that big. Now for a lighter answer.
                              What about tape? I know it's stupid but if it keeps the button pressed for you to play with no worries.(i have a friend who tapes some guitar hero buttons to play in expert sometimes....don't ask...)

Comment

Working...
                              X