X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Specs (any good?)

quad q6600 (G0) @3.2 ghz
    CPU Cooler Zalman CNPS9500 AT Pure Copper Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler
    bfg 8800 gt oc 2 675mhz core 1950MHz mem (might upgrade)
    500 gig 16 meg cache hdd
    4 gigs 800 mhz ram
    motherboard GIGABYTE GA-G31M-S2L (Intel G31,1333FSB,2DDR2-800,GbLAN)
    Optical Drive 1 SAMSUNG SH-S203B 20X Dual Layer DVD+/-RW SATA
    Power Supply Thermaltake Purepower 500W (W0100RU) Power Supply
    19 inch monitor widescreen (1440x 900)

Its this pc with more ram and a bigger hdd
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Intel-Quad-Core-...742.m153.l1262

Yep, that should run it on max settings... I would think anyway...

Comment

oh thank god... i kept getting fanboy answers when i was debating on my graphics card

Comment

I got the 9800 GX2 nvidia card when I built my computer, the 1 gig video card... I also got 8 gigs of ram... That runs it maxed settings with 100fps or more... lol... So with that 512 meg card, you should be getting good speed...

Comment

Make sure you get the 640GB Samsung spinpoint F1 HD. Way faster than any other ones ...
          Costs the same if not less....

Comment

Spec looks fine. Enjoy the game!

Comment

as a mediocre powered machine owner, i must not violate the 10 commandments, by coveting my neighbors machine, i will however, cheer for you on the upgrade and wish you many hours of quality killing time...

Comment

Originally posted by chrisr84 View Post
                quad q6600 (G0) @3.2 ghz
                CPU Cooler Zalman CNPS9500 AT Pure Copper Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler
                bfg 8800 gt oc 2 675mhz core 1950MHz mem (might upgrade)
                500 gig 16 meg cache hdd
                4 gigs 800 mhz ram
                motherboard GIGABYTE GA-G31M-S2L (Intel G31,1333FSB,2DDR2-800,GbLAN)
                Optical Drive 1 SAMSUNG SH-S203B 20X Dual Layer DVD+/-RW SATA
                Power Supply Thermaltake Purepower 500W (W0100RU) Power Supply
                19 inch monitor widescreen (1440x 900)

Its this pc with more ram and a bigger hdd
                http://cgi.ebay.com/Intel-Quad-Core-...742.m153.l1262
                I have high hopes because its an overclocked card but most of you seem to think it wont be a steady 60 fps

Comment

I heard somewhere that ut3 uses up to 8 cores... should i expect a better performance simply because i have 4?:

Comment

honestly you wont notice a difference in a e6600 or a q6600 at 2.4ghz or at 3.2ghz, even 3.6ghz.
                    unreal just isnt cpu intensive.
                    you might see up to 2 fps increase over an e6600 at stock speeds, but not much.
                    8800GT runs the game just fine at 1440x900, no problem at max settings.
                    my friend runs his on 1680x1050 without a hitch.
                    dont forget to update the drivers though
                    psu seems weak to overclock a quad core + a g92... worries me. i dont see it lasting very long.

Comment

Dude ditch the extra 2 gigs of ram, use windows XP and then use the ram money to get the new ATI card, 4870, Cheapest best performing card on the market, Still its 300ish, but it can overclock faster then the nvidia 280 through normal ati catalist software. Just make sure to do the fan mod people are talking about online which intails hacking a file to make the fan run faster then 20 percent. but either way at stock performance it runs almost as fast as the 650 dollar nvidia card. Ati is back in force so for now i would go with that card.

If you use xp rather then vista you dont need more then 2 gigs of ram for most apps inder xp f you notice ut3 doesnt use more then 700 megs of ram when running most of the time.

everything else is fine

$209 quad q6600 (G0) @3.2 ghz
                      $58.24 CPU Cooler Zalman CNPS9500 AT Pure Copper Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler
                      $309 ATI 4870
                      $80 500 gig 16 meg cache hdd
                      $50 2 gigs 800 mhz ram
                      $70 motherboard GIGABYTE GA-G31M-S2L
                      $40 Optical Drive 1 SAMSUNG SH-S203B 20X Dual Layer DVD+/-RW SATA
                      $70 Power Supply Thermaltake Purepower 500W (W0100RU) Power Supply
                      $200ish 19 inch monitor widescreen (1440x 900)

comes out to around $1050 give or take depending on deals.

But this will run a lot better with the ati card then the cheapo 8800 gt,

and your spending almost the same ammound since you where gonna upgrade the ram and harddrive anyways.

just hope you can put it together your self though

Comment

Originally posted by Zera View Post
                        honestly you wont notice a difference in a e6600 or a q6600 at 2.4ghz or at 3.2ghz, even 3.6ghz.
                        unreal just isnt cpu intensive.
                        you might see up to 2 fps increase over an e6600 at stock speeds, but not much.
                        8800GT runs the game just fine at 1440x900, no problem at max settings.
                        my friend runs his on 1680x1050 without a hitch.
                        dont forget to update the drivers though
                        psu seems weak to overclock a quad core + a g92... worries me. i dont see it lasting very long.
                        i mentioined that to them and they said it was of high quality. im not sweating it as his store offers a 1 year parts 3 years service warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by RLMCCOY View Post
                          I got the 9800 GX2 nvidia card when I built my computer, the 1 gig video card... I also got 8 gigs of ram... That runs it maxed settings with 100fps or more... lol... So with that 512 meg card, you should be getting good speed...
                          ...because, as we all know, the quantity of RAM indicates how well it will perform. Note: Sarcasm.

Your 8800GT will do fine... anything over 2GB of RAM will not affect UT3, it just doesn't require it - in fact it would run fine on 1GB. You won't see any gains from the processor at stock and at 3.2, because you'll already be well over 100fps or graphics card limited at that point.

Just play the game.

Comment

I also built a new PC for UT3.

Intel Q9450
                            8GB DDR2-1066 RAM (for rendering and page-file, I hate the HDD-crunching sound :P)
                            ATI 4870
                            Asus P5E mobo
                            2x500GB disks (not in RAID, RAID0 screwed up on me)

I can run a totally maxed out game with around 59 fps:
                            Everything set to the highest setting
                            v-synch and hardware physics on
                            intense postprocessing
                            resolution of 2048x1536
                            while playing with 31 godlike bots
                            and recording a client-side demo

Using FRAPS to record it at the same time, gives me 30 fps (although I set it at 60 fps in the FRAPS settings, bit weird).

So I think the 4870 is definately a better choice than the 8800. It's maybe a bit more expensive, but it's quite a bit faster.

Comment

yep 4870 is pretty much the king of power for the price.

good luck getting them, there in short supply tho. Neweggs ur best bet

Comment

Working...
                              X