This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Unreal Tournament 3 isnt as good as UT 2004"

I keep hearing "Unreal Tournament 3 isnt as good as UT 2004" why is that?

It's entirely a matter of opinion. People who absolutely love 2004 have some issues with the gameplay of UT3. I disagree with that point. UT3 has the best gameplay of any UT title yet (imo).

One other reason people may say that is that UT3 is "unpolished" in that it has a neutered UI and menu system and some various bugs that are not yet fixed. UT3 is still being patched however, and UT2004 has reached it's final patch stage. So of course UT2004 will be more polished. There are also less gametypes than UT2004, so some people think that's a step back. Thing is, UT3 is based on an entirely new engine so much of the work went into that and there wasn't as much man power left to create ***loads of content.

I think UT3 is a way better game than 2004. Don't even get me started about the graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
      It's entirely a matter of opinion. People who absolutely love 2004 have some issues with the gameplay of UT3. I disagree with that point. UT3 has the best gameplay of any UT title yet (imo).

One other reason people may say that is that UT3 is "unpolished" in that it has a neutered UI and menu system and some various bugs that are not yet fixed. UT3 is still being patched however, and UT2004 has reached it's final patch stage. So of course UT2004 will be more polished. There are also less gametypes than UT2004, so some people think that's a step back. Thing is, UT3 is based on an entirely new engine so much of the work went into that and there wasn't as much man power left to create ***loads of content.

I think UT3 is a way better game than 2004. Don't even get me started about the graphics.
      I am concerned that when i install it because of the spec requirements that everyone will be really hard because only "elite" gamers can afford it.

Comment

You think you'll be at a disadvantage because you don't have a top of the line rig? What are your specs?

Either way, there is a steep learning curve in UT. If you're new to the series it will take you a fair amount of time to be at a 1:1 kill to death ratio.

Comment

If you started off with UT2004, you won't think UT3 is as good. But if you started off with UT99 then you'll love UT3.

Comment

Working...
          X