Changing txt to Configuration settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing txt to Configuration settings

I had a question yesturday about how to Change the name of "Instant Action" BOTs. I was told to go to the notepad file of Unreal Tournament 3/UTGame/Config/DefaultCustomCharacter. I edited the names of each of the characters and replaced the original file with the new one that I made - however that didn't work, and somehow the original names were still there (I wanted my personal spin still!!). Then I realised that when saving the change, it changed back to a plain text document rather than the type "Configuration settings". Can anyone tell me about how to change this new notepad text to this "configuration settings" (I'm sure there have been others who have altered aspects of the game in this aspect?)

If i understand correctly you now have a file called either "DefaultCustomCharacter.txt" or "DefaultCustomCharacter.ini.txt"

If so then just right click > rename and call it "DefaultCustomCharacter.ini"

Im not at home right now so i cant tell if what the file was originally called.

Sorry if that is not your problem.

Comment

It still does not change back to Configuration Settings but stays as "DefaultCustomCharacter.ini" but is still considered a text document - You've got the right problem alright, but not working yet. Is there anything else that needs doing from that change?

Comment

Working...
      X