X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bombing Run

Hello,

Here speaks a great fan.

Hi Epic, I have been playing most of your games. I love shooters. I think Unreal tournament, Gears, Timesplitters, (no galo) americas army and goldeneye. Are the best shooters YET. Since I have gotten an Xbox 360, my multiplayer experience has been three times as good compared to the multiplayer on any other machine. The good thing about unreal is the humour, the ice cold (non emotional) deaths. Like in Timesplitters! You guys probably know the best words for this.

I was disapointed unreal wasn't getting on the 360 half a year ago. I was depressed. I thought, what a waiste! Xbox live is made for multiplayer, made for unreal! Humiliating others through the headset, good connection for a fair game! and a huge community and therefor a huge amount of different servers to play in. Another great thing about Unreal is ofcourse. THE MODS! This is something I cannot blame you guys for, I know Microsoft is just like the boss in the godfather, money money money.

Now something is cracking in my mind. Guys from epic. I am talking about BOMBING RUN! DUH! Bombing run is a different game, not an ordinary shooter mode. For me it's a game worth another 60 bucks. I know it wasn't that populair on the pc and therefor bla bla bla. BULL****, xbox live ain't PC, and you guys KNOW that. Therefor you can't really say it is not going to be populair on the xbox 360! Pc games are for the most part more seriously, better aim (mouse) so more intense combat. 360 owners will have a different advantage, better mobility therefor more matrix kinda combat, more fun related servers maybe? Ain't bombing run (not mentioning instagib) a mode were agility is just as or even more important compared to aim? Agility in bombing run is essential, more than in any other mode. Maybe people will like the game more because of that, because you're forced to play it with a controller pad...

I can't explain exactly why bombing run is a holy addition to the unreal game. But it's probably a perfect mix between nonsense, humiliation, humour, nonsense and SKILL!

Sorry for my bad long speech. But you guys probably get the point. Please get Bombing Run on Xbox Live! Through DLC, Mods. I DONT CARE! Even if the micro dorks wan't money for it. ACCEPT THAT! It's worth it!

Bombing run is a way of life!

BTW Assault was a very good mode too, better than deathmatch (BLurgh). But I understand that would be too difficult to get it on the disc... Did I say disc?

With all respect. It's unfair PS3 guys get bombing run through mods, an epic guy said before Bombing run wasn't on the PS3 disc because normal users would get it through their own created mods. Xbox owners, probably, dont get any mods at all. You guys said important mods will become available, somehow. THEN PLEASE DONT FORGET BOMBING RUN!

Gamertag: Dark Borrelnoot

Thanks for your time!

I am still happy there is onslaught (warfare) and VCTF! Can't wait for the game coming out. Love to puliverise others with flying verhicles...

Comment

YOU SIR...really like bombing run.

P.S: Good Post!

Comment

I always thought bombing run was like CTF, reversed and minus the fun. Oh how I miss the original Assault, though.

Then again, I hate all the vehicle gametypes, so maybe that says something.

Comment

yeah it's a shame they left so many gametypes out, they even forgot about last man standing!
          maybe wait for UT4?

great post btw

Comment

indeed =)

10 characters ...

Comment

Originally posted by shombowhore View Post
              I always thought bombing run was like CTF, reversed and minus the fun.
              This is because they don't pass the ball.

Comment

Hey Borrelnootje, I haven't played Bombing Run but it sounds cool according to your long speech lol.. But if it will be a downloadable item, then be sure to outsmart UncreatedLars in it..!

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Borrelnoot View Post
                  360 owners will have a different advantage, better mobility therefor more matrix kinda combat, more fun related servers maybe?
                  No. PC players have better mobility, better aim, faster reaction times both offensively and defensively. Those are immutable facts, there is nothing about a controller that produces better results than kb/m.

IBTL

Comment

We have Bombing Run on the PC, but no one is playing it online, which makes me sad.

To PC users: Download Bombing Run ( http://relicsut.com/ut3br.htm ) and play!

Comment

Originally posted by Trepænima View Post
                      No. PC players have better mobility, better aim, faster reaction times both offensively and defensively. Those are immutable facts, there is nothing about a controller that produces better results than kb/m.

IBTL
                      True. But as long as everyone is on the same device (everyone use keyboard mouse, or everyone use controller), no one should care about that. Thats why I hate the PS3 for multiplayer shooters.

Comment

is the current bombingrun mod compatible with instagib ?

i mean, does it give good gameplay or does it only works out normal weapons ?

Comment

bombingrun is fantastic on ut 2003, and people still play online. i have installed the ut3reliquary bombing run on my pc, it looks good and plays well but no online servers have endorsed it yet. WHY?

Comment

Originally posted by Kensei View Post
                            is the current bombingrun mod compatible with instagib ?

i mean, does it give good gameplay or does it only works out normal weapons ?
                            It works with instagib. One of the few times I've seen a BR server with people in it was a low gravity, instagib BR server. It's extremely fun flying around and dodging off walls while passing the ball around.

Comment

lol darkborrelnootje but i you whan same mod of some game type you really have too buy a PS3 of Pc

Comment

Working...
                              X