Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Epic or Midway be hosting Dedicated servers for the 360 version of UT3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Epic or Midway be hosting Dedicated servers for the 360 version of UT3?

So here we are about a week from UT3 launching on the 360 and people are asking in the Xbox.com UT3 forum (which just opened last week) if UT3 on the 360 will have Publisher or Developer hosted servers. So I thought I'd come in here to see if I could get an official answer. Anyone in "The Know" know?

TIA.

Please don't ruin the thread, it's just here to help out the 360 community users. I already have the PC version and see no point in belittling any of Unreals users no matter which version they own. Thanks.

I wouldn't expect Midway or Epic to have official servers. But you can host dedicated servers on 360's.

Comment

Originally posted by K7L33THA View Post
      I wouldn't expect Midway or Epic to have official servers. But you can host dedicated servers on 360's.

Yea man all you need to do is get a bare bones 360 with a power supply so it only costs you like 100 bucks. You can use your video out from your original 360 to set up your dedicated server on screen then disconnect and reconnect your 360 you will play on, and there u go, a dedicated server that doesnt need to be hooked up to your TV. Oh and dont forget a router.

Happy Gaming,
      Fearsyn

Comment

Yeah I already knew about being able to do listen servers, but was hoping to get an official yah or nah.

They had them on Xbox for UC2, and had said last year in an interview on I believe it was TeamXbox.com that they may use them. So it wouldn't be out of the question. Again just hoping that maybe Epic could give me an official word. I know some people are already playing it, but they may just be holding off on putting them up until the official release date or a couple days before it. Thanks for your reply.

Comment

Either way, the 360 can handle 16 players as it is. No need for dedicated unless Epic updated the game to support 32 players on dedicated 360 servers, which would be smart. Could boost a tad more 360 sales.

Comment

Originally posted by DRxEVOx View Post
            Either way, the 360 can handle 16 players as it is. No need for dedicated unless Epic updated the game to support 32 players on dedicated 360 servers, which would be smart. Could boost a tad more 360 sales.
            I believe that was their reasoning at the time of the interview.

Comment

The 360 version supports dedicated servers and there will be a similar number of official 360 dedicated servers to what we provided for the PC and PS3.

Comment

Originally posted by DRxEVOx View Post
                though i couldnt disagree with 32 players (in game) any more - i think you're right about it boosting sales a little more

Comment

Originally posted by WarTourist View Post
                  The 360 version supports dedicated servers and there will be a similar number of official 360 dedicated servers to what we provided for the PC and PS3.
                  Thank you for that.

Comment

TY VM 4 the reply and 4 providing servers

Comment

Someone on the Xbox boards was wondering if you might be providing European servers.

Might you know the answer to this? TIA.

Comment

Regardless if you can host listen servers, most home connections aren't great enough to support many users with great pings. Unless they have done something in the netcode that is magic (which is definitely a possibility), .

Comment

Originally posted by Prophetz View Post
                          Regardless if you can host listen servers, most home connections aren't great enough to support many users with great pings. Unless they have done something in the netcode that is magic (which is definitely a possibility), .
                          Read WarTourists post on the first page of this thread.

Comment

Dedicated servers?!?! Boo-YA! Oh man, you just made my day.

Comment

Yes! Nice! Sweet! BTW can someone please update the FAQ sticky?

Comment

Working...
                              X