Ok, what can I do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, what can I do

I was playing on a UMG server the one that has 24 slots with vCTF around 9:00 Pacific Time. An the map was Kargo. My question is what can I do to get better.

It seem like I was getting shot in the face everytime.

is there like a noob-server which i can play on to get better, i've only had this game for about 3 days now.

Just hang back on defense in that map, if your team doesn't have the tank, if your team has the tank, keep it healed(alt fire link gun) and rush into their base with a scorpion self destruct and rockets, and you should get a few kills.

It's fine being poor at a game after immediately purchasing it, hell, most of the people on that server have been playing for months and know all the tricks, just observe them, and you'll get better.

Comment

Yeah, i see them hopping around fast. I know you double tap the D or S keys but still they like crush me in the face.

Comment

spectate some players that are good and watch what they do, then practice with bots what you see them doing. its a start have fun!

Comment

For one, Kargo is IMO one of the more skillful maps especially if the enemy has the tank (even a skilled player can die over and over again sometimes).

If you're totally new to the game, try to work on each type of skill (and accept dying a lot, until you get much better)
          For example Map Layouts, Movement, Weapon skills, Vehicles

Knowing the map, its hiding places, and where health/weapons are before going into battle can be very helpful to stay alive that bit longer too.

Good movement skills will keep you alive, and get you where your going quicker, and get to know each weapon - you can't always get your favourite.

Play deathmatch to work on your weapons and movement, vehicles just add an extra layer of difficulty.

Practice!!

Comment

I agree to play gametypes like deathmatch first. If you can dodge bullets, you can dodge tank shells.

EDIT: You may want to start with Team Deathmatch, as it is more noob friendly.

Comment

Dedicate some time before vctf to dm so u get some killing skills.Move at all times.Pract a bit offline with movement=dodge wall jumps etc and try to master NON STANDING STILL shock combos.It will take some time to get better.Just keep pract.Also search for other threads .

As i said before it would be nice if a guide for new players will be a sticky thread.

Comment

LOL, u expect to be good in 4 days?
                Or u want to get better quicker? - Both rhetorical questions

Best thing u can do is anticipate where they are going to move, you (yourself) move around lots and don't forget UT3 has no shortage of bullets. And say - if u run out of bullets when ur 1v1ing someone and you die. So what - u spawn again in like 5 seconds. As a noob you should play dm a.m.a.p then u will be pro @ the less hardcore gametypes (Not being insulting, just saying there is less pressure and ... less action going on in war and vctf), and also you should use vehicles to well, keep it fun while u suck. hehe.

NB : I like vctf and war more than dm.

Comment

you can try watching a duel between 2 skilled players: this way youll learn when to dogde, when you must use a certain kind of weapon, etc...
                  even dueling with strong people will help a lot
                  and yes, you must accept dying the first times, i play since 3 months and still i have more deaths than kill, altought i have over 2000 of ELO =P
                  once youll be good in duel and dm youll see the difference in the other game modes

Comment

Practice using instant action and learn the maps. Increase bot skill from average to experienced, then to skilled, etc. Learn to use all weapons, not just a couple. This game requires skill and experience. You will have a much better time online if you at least know the maps and basics of gameplay. I played off line for an entire month before jumping in online. Practice, practice, and more practice.

Too many noobs buy the game, join the UMG or BGE server where all the top rated players are and then wonder why they get eaten alive. They give up and you never see them online again. Take a look at this list of top 50 players

http://www.enemydown.co.uk/ut3top.php

These are the kind of players you will see on UMG and BGE servers.

Comment

My advice is to start DM'ing some like people have said, and also to go onto whatever servers u have trouble on and spectate the players that are the top of the score boards, not saying points mean everything but they get them for a reason. By doing that u learn the tricks of the map without having to do trial and error, i have learned so much from doing this myself. I used to die a **** load in UMG still do sometimes lol. Just don't give up and try to have fun

Comment

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
                        Practice using instant action and learn the maps. Increase bot skill from average to experienced, then to skilled, etc. Learn to use all weapons, not just a couple. This game requires skill and experience. You will have a much better time online if you at least know the maps and basics of gameplay. I played off line for an entire month before jumping in online. Practice, practice, and more practice.

Too many noobs buy the game, join the UMG or BGE server where all the top rated players are and then wonder why they get eaten alive. They give up and you never see them online again. Take a look at this list of top 50 players

http://www.enemydown.co.uk/ut3top.php

These are the kind of players you will see on UMG and BGE servers.
                        Besides that, please note the enormous skills level gap between Skilled and Adept level bots, as said, there is no such thing as a "preferred" weapon. I like the Sniper rifle very much, but I don't get to use it any more longer than the Flak and Rocket Launcher. But when I get around to play on the VCTF-SandStorm map, I try to take sniping positions all the time. I'm skilled enough, that if anyone decides to take the flag without the Sandstorm cover, I will take their heads off. No, I usually don't camp longer than 2 minutes, cause I always run out of Avril ammo to take out the peeps on vehicles who spot me.

Comment

Working...
                        X