graphics dull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

graphics dull

just purchased ut3 i have a geforce 7300 latest drivers, and amd x2 5200+ black edition cpu, 2gig mem, op sys vista. my game graphics are not what they look like on the box, there dull and blocky, and it keeps sticking. got new patch no different. do i need to update my gcard, if so what do i need to make game play right, not too expensive?

thanks

perhaps your video card...i run this on an athlon x2 5200 (not the black...)on a pny 8500gt. i got that card for about 75 bucks i play at 800 by 600 with most of the visuals enabled. granted that it doesn't look like the boxart or images, but i get great visuals. i have the ability to run at 1280 by 1024, but i can't get above25 frames on any map regardless of bot count.since you are on vista, more ram might be in order as well, as that vista seems to suck more ram than xp did.

Comment

its definitely your card
      you can get a ATI 4850 for 150-180€ and with that youll be safe for years
      with that you should get 151 fps at 1280x1024 (at least the benchmarks say so)
      even the ATI 3850 should be fine, but its way slower than the newer 1
      anyway you should put this thread on tech =)

Comment

experiment with the tweaker in my signature it may help

Comment

yeah it helps a lot, but with a graphic card like that even the tweaker stands nothing XD
          anyway get it, does a lot of useful things

Comment

hmmm i ran the demo on a 6800 and was able to get decent looking graphics and performance. now using the 8800gt, all settings maxed out and looking super cool...

Comment

i was using 7600Gt but then went to 8800gt. Made all the difference

Comment

The 7300GT is just above the minimum hardware. So, your graphics will be poor due to the low resolution your card is capable of. You really need a better card.

Best Graphics Cards for the Money: June 08
                http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ards,1942.html

Comment

With Nvidia cards you can turn up digital vibrance in the control panel which makes the graphics a lot more lively.

Comment

Originally posted by karat View Post
                    just purchased ut3 i have a geforce 7300 latest drivers, and amd x2 5200+ black edition cpu, 2gig mem, op sys vista. my game graphics are not what they look like on the box, there dull and blocky, and it keeps sticking. got new patch no different. do i need to update my gcard, if so what do i need to make game play right, not too expensive?

thanks
                    One thing I notice when people say this, it's due to the 'Screen Percentage' not being at 100%.

Go into your settings, under the video, then advanced options. Make sure the 'Screen Percentage' is at 100%. This will get rid of the blocky look.

Comment

I built a budget pc at $500 bought a dirt cheap Visiontek Radeon 3850 for only $109 an maxed everything vsync on I average 60fps never dropping below 40ish frames with 16 bots intense action on a oc c2d E4500

Comment

I swear u can get an 8800GT for $150 in the US from Newegg
                        http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814127329

And i'd recommend changing the screen percentage to 100%, and putting up texture detail more, or instead of resolution.

Comment

thanks for the messages, but i am going off nvidea, and considering the ATI 4850 looks nice and single slot, + ATI have the edge on nvidea now and cheaper.

cheers

Comment

if you can wait till aug. 4870 x2's are coming it out for 499$!

Comment

YAY 500$ for gfx... woohoo who doesnt want to break his bank.
                              not to mention 200$ for the new psu to power it
                              if you can hold out though 1 month after the 4870x2 comes out something greater will be out for only 549$!!

how about you buy something now and use it now, screw the future it'll be outdated 2 hours after it hits the market anyways.

Comment

Working...
                              X