Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Mutators is the 360 version of UT3 going to be getting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Mutators is the 360 version of UT3 going to be getting?

Alot of people from the competitive community of MLG are curious as to what mutators we will be receiving. We are trying to make the most competitive rule set for this game once the game releases because alot of truly believe it's the most competitive and most skillful shooter to hit this console in a while.

We are worried though, that some mutators that are required for true competitive Duel UT play, may not be included.

As it is now Default UT3 does not come with a mutator which removes the Udamage while not removing things like Shield Belt and Jump Boots.

We wish to receive a mutator that removes the Udamage while not removing the Shield Belt or Jump Boots, since this is how UT has been competitively played on the gametype Duel.

Hopefully some mods which remove Udamage while not removing Shield Belt and Jump Boots are transferred over to the 360 version so this whole situation will disappear.

- - - - -

What I request and i'm sure some others do, is what mutators are we receiving exactly? Epic, can you release this list or are you waiting for the release of the game for this information to be known?

My main concern is the Udamage removal, but I also would thank that information relating to that of the mutators included in this version would be given.

If a mutator that removes Udamage while not removing Shield Belt and Jump Boots is not included, I request this to be a mutator that you will look into to included in a later DLC.

So what is the list of mutators being included in the 360 version?

Thanks for your time, thanks for giving this game to the 360, and thanks in ahead if any further information that is given!

its probaly going to be the same default muts

Comment

Probaly default mutators and a few new ones. Like 1 or 2. Usually happens that way.

Comment

Originally posted by unrealloco View Post
        its probaly going to be the same default muts
        Epic has mentioned multiple times that the most popular PC/PS3 mutators are making it to the Xbox360 version.

Comment

Could anyone clarify this? Thanks!

Comment

I would like to know this as well.

Comment

In the UTGame.ini file on the PC, it lists the mutators and has a few variables as to what versions they will show up in: bRemoveOn360=False, bRemoveOnPS3=False, bRemoveOnPC=False

None of the mutators have 'true' listed for removing any for the 360 version (same for PS3). So, I imagine the 360 version will be getting all the same mutators. However, there is one mutator that isn't in the PC version, and I'm guessing isn't in the PS3 version either. It's the 'Survival' mutator. The description listed in the English localization utgame.int file lists Survival as, "Stand and fight until you drop. See how many waves can you survive." So, basically, it's an Invasion mutator.

Whether this is a mutator that Epic dropped development on and has no plans on releasing or if it'll show up on the 360 version is up in the air. I'm betting it doesn't show up, but, if it does, you saw it here first.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonBlood View Post
                In the UTGame.ini file on the PC, it lists the mutators and has a few variables as to what versions they will show up in: bRemoveOn360=False, bRemoveOnPS3=False, bRemoveOnPC=False

None of the mutators have 'true' listed for removing any for the 360 version (same for PS3). So, I imagine the 360 version will be getting all the same mutators. However, there is one mutator that isn't in the PC version, and I'm guessing isn't in the PS3 version either. It's the 'Survival' mutator. The description listed in the English localization utgame.int file lists Survival as, "Stand and fight until you drop. See how many waves can you survive." So, basically, it's an Invasion mutator.

Whether this is a mutator that Epic dropped development on and has no plans on releasing or if it'll show up on the 360 version is up in the air. I'm betting it doesn't show up, but, if it does, you saw it here first.
                Survival is on the PS3 and it's not an invasion mutator

Comment

I'm hoping the 3rd person mod makes it to 360.

Comment

However, there is one mutator that isn't in the PC version, and I'm guessing isn't in the PS3 version either. It's the 'Survival' mutator. The description listed in the English localization utgame.int file lists Survival as, "Stand and fight until you drop. See how many waves can you survive." So, basically, it's an Invasion mutator.
                    Survival is in the PC version too. The only way you can get it as a selectable mutator is to play the 'Duel' game type. If you win the duel, you stay in the game for the next match. If you lose, you are switched to spectator mode and one of the other spectators get to play the winner.

Comment

Originally posted by AcidVenom View Post
                      Survival is in the PC version too. The only way you can get it as a selectable mutator is to play the 'Duel' game type. If you win the duel, you stay in the game for the next match. If you lose, you are switched to spectator mode and one of the other spectators get to play the winner.
                      Ah, this makes sense. I never play duel. I was wondering why that Survival mutator was in the ini file but didn't see it in game. Then again, there's also a 'physics gun' mentioned in an ini that clearly isn't in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by K7L33THA View Post
                        I'm hoping the 3rd person mod makes it to 360.
                        me to but prefer 1st person to 3rd

Comment

...there's also a 'physics gun' mentioned in an ini that clearly isn't in the game.
                          The physics gun is purely for demonstrating physics things, it doesn't appear to have been created to be a proper weapon. I did see in the mod release section that someone had fixed it to be useable in-game, if you want to try it out.

Comment

We now know the most popular PC/PS3 mods are not in the Xbox360 version.

Hopefully, Epic puts up the most competitive mods for DLC.

EDIT: We would like to request UTComp and PCSpeedX for the mods. They probably will not see this, but it is worth a try.

Comment

We need a mutator that allows us to switch any Super Pickup on the map, with another Super Pickup. Basically Weapon Replacement, but Supers instead of weapons.

Like for example it would be like this:

-UDamage, replacement: Please Select Replacement
                              -Shield Belt, replacement: Please Select Replacement
                              -Jump Boots, replacement: Please Select Replacement
                              -Invulnerability, replacement: Please Select Replacement
                              -Invisibility, replacement: Please Select Replacement
                              -Berserk, replacement: Please Select Replacement

-

A mutator like this will allow us to improve on this game's competitiveness even more.

Theres already a huge following for the support of this game at MLG (Major League Gaming). http://www.mlgpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166817

Please Epic, give us a mutator that allows us to do something like this. It will be GREATLY appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X