Which takes more skill: 1v1 or CTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which takes more skill: 1v1 or CTF?

I am just curious to which takes more skill in your opinions. Try not to be biased. Thanks!

1v1CTF

Comment

I don't think you could really compare the two. 1v1 depends on your own skill, while CTF is a team game, in which you are only as good as the team you're on.

Comment

as captainBAMF said
        i played matches against ppl way weaker than me and still they had more points than me =\
        and anyway i think that duel needs different skills of ctf

Comment

`Tis a silly question. They are like chalk and cheese.

Comment

1v1 Duel >> 1v1 CTF

CTF >> TDM

AT least that's how I see it, a duel requires considerable more strategy than a 1v1 CTF. Generally speaking you only need one or two kills to score the flag, there's little chance you'll be facing much defence, and once you do get the flag and get a kill your opponent is forced to chase you rather than find armour and weapons so they're much easier to kill again. Duel just requires quite a bit strategy.

As far as TDM and CTF goes, CTF requires the team to be able to organize more complicated defensive and offensive strategy than TDM does and it requires a more constant line of communication. In TDM the basic strategy is just stay in groups, move from pick up to pick up and time major pick ups, while in CTF there is no basic strategy that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Tailsnake View Post
              1v1 Duel >> 1v1 CTF

CTF >> TDM

AT least that's how I see it, a duel requires considerable more strategy than a 1v1 CTF. Generally speaking you only need one or two kills to score the flag, there's little chance you'll be facing much defence, and once you do get the flag and get a kill your opponent is forced to chase you rather than find armour and weapons so they're much easier to kill again. Duel just requires quite a bit strategy.

As far as TDM and CTF goes, CTF requires the team to be able to organize more complicated defensive and offensive strategy than TDM does and it requires a more constant line of communication. In TDM the basic strategy is just stay in groups, move from pick up to pick up and time major pick ups, while in CTF there is no basic strategy that simple.
              I am just comparing 1v1 duels to 4v4 CTF. Don't compare TDM to CTF.

Comment

Originally posted by Tailsnake View Post
                1v1 Duel >> 1v1 CTF

lemme play the best duelers in ctf 1v1 and watch the difference of it and playing the same ppl in a duel..

i really dont think the two modes can be compared. generally speaking a noob would have better luck simply joining CTF's in public servers... but on a competitive level the story changes. i prefer CTF over anything else because a "kamikazee" player such as myself can make a HUGE difference. i could care less who fragged who the most as long as my team wins... to me, frags = **** to do with the mode i enjoy.

ive played played 2v2 and 3v3s with some of the best duelers in the game and they usually dont stick around for more than one team game...

homie - my opinion is that the TOP of either game mode (at a competitive level) both require a LOT of different skill types

Comment

Originally posted by homie__rot View Post
                  I am just curious to which takes more skill in your opinions. Try not to be biased. Thanks!
                  Neither. Only vCTF takes skill.

Comment

Id say CTF as if you add 10 ppl's skill together it has to be higher than 2 ppl, that's simple math

I have to agree with CaptainBAMF, 1v1 duel and CTF are too different to compare on any level.
                    1v1 duel requires strong frag skills and map domination whereas CTF requires strong teamwork, efficient movement and communication.

Strong fragging skills alone will not win a CTF match and teamwork in a 1v1 is imposable.
                    The dual tactic of map domination is not capable of being as effective in CTF as weaponstay is on.
                    A more fair comparison would be TDM to CTF.

Originally posted by homie__rot View Post
                    I am just comparing 1v1 duels to 4v4 CTF.
                    CTF needs to be played with odd player counts like 3v3 or 5v5. Odd player counts makes for better competition.

Comment

Working...
                    X