nVidia PhysX over CUDA is here now!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    no it doesnt support the GTX - G92 and GT200 support ONLY by the physx software
    the drivers arent whats the problem, the physx software only recognizes G92 and GT200 - 8800GTX and GTS 320/640 are both G80 cores and wont be recognized by the software for physx

for the record im running 177.39 drivers on my SLI 8800GTX setup and no physx doesnt work its greyed out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    While the drivers don't officially support cards before the 9800GTX, there are some modified inf files around that will allow it to work on the 8800GT and GTX, from what I've seen on other forums people are running it fine.

I couldn't say myself as I'm using two 9800GTXs, but the drivers work fine on Vista x64.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ikarus View Post
    amazing.
    prolly well be able to play crysis with some higher FPS
    crysis doesnt use the physx engine, so most likely not.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Haley[ACS] View Post
    It's actually the CUDA Engine - which can be used to perform the physic effects calculations... The graphic cards are actually way faster than the standard CPU's - so why not let them do the Physic calculations ?
    Makes the explosions etc. more realistic
    amazing.
    prolly well be able to play crysis with some higher FPS

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yea i have 2x 8800GTX in sli myself, and i am waiting for july to gimme some goodies XD

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Zera View Post
    sadly your bro has nothing to gain from this.
    8800GTX = G80 = not supported until july.
    At least July isn't too far off. I can wait.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    And Lighthouse and Tornado.
    Yes, those, too. I meant the above mentioned bench was performed on Heatray.

I thought the 8800GTX supports this?
    Not officially, yet. No.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    sadly your bro has nothing to gain from this.
    8800GTX = G80 = not supported until july.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I dont know why but that link isnt opening for me. So heres another step by step instruction set. http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.p...yzzg4d&thumb=4

PS: Im on 2x 3870, but my brother is using 2x 8800gtx. Thats why I have an intrest here.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/1...utorialvv5.jpg

Leave a comment:

• replied
    this has been out a while now.

ok lets get some things straight:
    just because theres a physx unit in the physx test doesnt mean its CHEATING on 3dmark.
    thats the dumbest bs i've heard so far, "oh a physics test? you have a physics processor? CHEATER!"
    imbecile.
    just because the graphics card has built in physx engine (which has been known since '06) doesnt mean its cheating a score by using that physx engine, it means its a feature - SUCK IT UP!

this only works on GT200 and G92 cores, the 8800GTX / 8800GTS 320&640 are G80 cores, which means it wont work.

drivers for the G80 will be out in early july.

if your not playing the physx maps the drivers will boost performance but thats all.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So um... if I'm not going to be running the physX maps, will this make any difference to my game? 8800 GTS G92.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ikaros View Post
    Unfortunately, the old G80 is not supported at this time. Even with the modified inf file you still must have at least a G92 based card. My “guess” is that the official support for the G92 and older G80 will come sometime within the next ~30 days or so

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Jungle+= View Post
    Running them and followed nVidias tip to replace UT3's phyx.dll with their new one. It's just a cheap underhanded trick to pump up 3dmark scores falsely and against 3dmark rules. As for improvement in UT3.....NOT ON REGULAR MAPS.
    Have you tried the Ageia PhysX maps?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X