Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can ANYONE explain? (any platform,admins plz?)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Can ANYONE explain? (any platform,admins plz?)

    It's been an on-going topic of discussion with ELO in PS3...

    I'm apparently more confused now than ever.

    Let's say (theoretically) the number one ranked person in the UT3 plays for an ENTIRE night against multiple people who are ranked in the thousands.. Regardless of his performance, his rank would HAVE to drop unless EVERYONE he was playing was ranked (top 100/top 50) highly as well, correct?

    I just dont understand how anyone in the top spot could keep that position playing against people with NEW ACCTs?

    #2
    Originally posted by KlLLiNg_SpRee View Post
    It's been an on-going topic of discussion with ELO in PS3...

    I'm apparently more confused now than ever.

    Let's say (theoretically) the number one ranked person in the UT3 plays for an ENTIRE night against multiple people who are ranked in the thousands.. Regardless of his performance, his rank would HAVE to drop unless EVERYONE he was playing was ranked (top 100/top 50) highly as well, correct?

    I just dont understand how anyone in the top spot could keep that position playing against people with NEW ACCTs?
    Do you think they got the ranks up on the lower accounts?

    Comment


      #3
      I've also noticed that if you join a server late on in the match and you only get say 5 kills and say 1 deaths and the the first placed gets say 50 ur elo flies down by around 50. I just joined a server and the game ended as soon as i joined. I had 0 kills and 0 deaths and my elo went down by 40. The system is fairly **** to be honest.

      Comment


        #4
        So long as you consistantly score highest/top of the team, your Elo will continue to go up (most of the time). How much it goes up is another matter. The thing to keep in mind is that everytime your Elo goes up, it's at the expense of someone else's going down. The #1 ranked person can still take Elo points from lower ranked people.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by MoonBlood View Post
          So long as you consistantly score highest/top of the team, your Elo will continue to go up (most of the time). How much it goes up is another matter. The thing to keep in mind is that everytime your Elo goes up, it's at the expense of someone else's going down. The #1 ranked person can still take Elo points from lower ranked people.
          This is the same for both PS3 and PC?

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by KlLLiNg_SpRee View Post
            It's been an on-going topic of discussion with ELO in PS3...

            I'm apparently more confused now than ever.

            Let's say (theoretically) the number one ranked person in the UT3 plays for an ENTIRE night against multiple people who are ranked in the thousands.. Regardless of his performance, his rank would HAVE to drop unless EVERYONE he was playing was ranked (top 100/top 50) highly as well, correct?

            I just dont understand how anyone in the top spot could keep that position playing against people with NEW ACCTs?
            Typically, if a new player is in a match with top rated ones, they get a very low 0-4 or -1 score. So, unless the new player is actually performing well, their ELO will stay low and the top players will see no decrease. I would imagine the math behind it should be available somewhere. If not for UT3 it should be there for chess. That should give some insight into how the numbers end up how they end up.

            Comment


              #7
              Just top score doesn't cut it, you need game objectives. You will not get far by fragging on WAR or CTF

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Benfica View Post
                Just top score doesn't cut it, you need game objectives. You will not get far by fragging on WAR or CTF
                objectives and fragging people ranked higher then you.

                Comment


                  #9
                  nonsense and rambling to this point... i have a sample account of 00_Budweiser_00

                  i got to rank 12th with it and played a dm with 2 other people... i didn't get fragged a single time but my rank went to 14th..

                  i think that account is still in the top 20.

                  i wouldn't have known about this theory had i not tested it myself. i dont intend to keep that account in the top ranks, just wanted to show ppl ANYONE can reach the top if its your main goal. i only played on that account a week and a half. im quite positive i could get first place if it was important...

                  my main question is how someone ranked 1 overall can play someone ranked 3000+ and NOT LOSE RANK... from the testing i've done with elo your performance means **** when you're playing low ranked opponents. ForceOfGod first mentioned this as a reason to not play us on his high ranked account. he insisted that regardless of his performance he would lose rank if we werent ranked in the top 10 or so..
                  makes absolutely no sense to me that the top ranked 4/5 people could (theoretically) play an entire team of opponents ranked beyond the thousands..and not a single one drop rank

                  ... unless someone is sure, lets keep the guessing to a minimum please?

                  surely someone knows/can provide clarification as to how this works?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Benfica View Post
                    Just top score doesn't cut it, you need game objectives. You will not get far by fragging on WAR or CTF
                    I do not know how it works in DM or CTF. In WAR you will get a high score from objectives much faster than you will get it just killing. (there are always exceptions) If all you do is kill, you will likely not be top score. Players who not only kill, but also shoot the core, capture nodes, etc get the highest scores in the match. Of course, while doing those things, you also have the other teams players doing the same thing, so you kill until you get killed while you do the objectives..

                    Comment


                      #11
                      objectives arent as important as frags/deaths win/losses.. 90% of my high ranked account was from dueling high ranked people...seriously, if you own a ps3 look at the top pure rankings and see 00_Budweiser_00,,, i have less than 1000 kills on that account, VERY FEW awards/objectives...

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
                        I do not know how it works in DM or CTF. In WAR you will get a high score from objectives much faster than you will get it just killing. (there are always exceptions) If all you do is kill, you will likely not be top score. Players who not only kill, but also shoot the core, capture nodes, etc get the highest scores in the match. Of course, while doing those things, you also have the other teams players doing the same thing, so you kill until you get killed while you do the objectives..
                        I'm sorry, what I mean to say is that I believe that 100 frags don't have the same contribution as 100 points obtained by getting nodes and attacking the core.
                        Originally posted by KlLLiNg_SpRee
                        objectives arent as important as frags/deaths win/losses.. 90% of my high ranked account was from dueling high ranked people...seriously, if you own a ps3 look at the top pure rankings and see 00_Budweiser_00,,, i have less than 1000 kills on that account, VERY FEW awards/objectives...
                        It can't be, I get owned by everybody but I'm on the PC top20. OK I'm a decent WAR player and know what to do, but look, my K/D ratio is 0.84 and with ELO = 2923! There's another guy with ratio 6.19 with lower ELO. How do you explain that?

                        Comment


                          #13
                          someone's missing the point.. if you dont know the answer to what im asking dont bother posting... its simple..

                          how can ranks 1-4 play a ROOM full of enemies ranked in the thousands....playing ALL NIGHT, and NEVER budge in rank...

                          once again, im NOT ASKING how to rank up in elo, thats easy....

                          Comment


                            #14
                            benfica if you could hear me mock you, i'd do it. please keep away from the KNOW IT ALL attitude about elo

                            here ya go - host a duel and have a friend play you.. before EITHER person frags, have your friend leave... they lose, you rank up - they drop in rank.. ZERO FRAGS, ZERO OBJECTIVES..... geez....

                            my initial question stands.

                            oh, b4 you ask... i play for fun, not ranks. tailsnakes invited me to a chat (duel) b4 as my psn used to blow due to ip conflicts, etc... long story short, neither of us fragged one another and when i left his room my existing rank of 18th dropped to the 40's.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              budweiser is currently ranked 16th...

                              and this happens to me all the time. i spanked a group of nubs real bad one morning on my atx account. we played 3 whole maps and i died once and got the high score atleast 10 fold ever game. id score 80-90 per round(all nodes and most of core damage by me) and one time a dude capured a node and killed me while i had the orb, thats it. the highest score i gave up in 1 round i think was like 12-13. i drop from 50ish to 280ish. i ended up with like 20 something kills and got killed once in those 3 rounds and finished them off very swift and fast...nearly flawless. so i know it has alot to do with how there previously ranked prior to playing you in the match. im sure they were 1,000-10,000ish ranked easy. lmao! its mostly who you play and how well you play vrs them to my understanding.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X