Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can ANYONE explain? (any platform,admins plz?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    All I know is that in chess, where ELO is most developed, when you play against people who do not have a comparable ELO to you, then it is disregarded.

As to the OP, people are trying to help you explore the issue here. Epic are not going to give you an answer because you feel like insulting those who are trying to help, and repeating the question endlessly.

Lastly, what is pretty obvious is that if you want to be top ranked, you have to play for stats. So the no 1 player is going to be
    a. Pretty cagey about how he does it.
    b. Is not going to play in games where his method of being no 1 is going to fail, causing his rank to drop.

Personally I can't seem my stats because enemydown restrics a search to 50 players, and my short name doesn't come up!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    people please ... the stats are fu**ed up ... dont even look at them ...

Your skill in game is important, and you cannot read up the skill of someone in the stats. Thats nearly impossible with the CURRENT STATS of epic.

Make a sticky where you ask an admin how the ranking works ... and tell others not to explain ... =)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KlLLiNg_SpRee View Post
    benfica if you could hear me mock you, i'd do it. please keep away from the KNOW IT ALL attitude about elo
    Dude, where do you see a "KNOW IT ALL" attitude ? I'm interested and trying to understand it myself. Ok, hold on ...

Better?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Shadow Dancer View Post
    Have the ratings/stats ever worked for this series? (And are people actually concerned about this junk?)
    to answer your question, yes they work to a certain degree... the problem is there's no skill filter amongst hosting options... maybe epic should consider a system that placed everyone in the top 100 (just examples here)... in a certain category/classification... anytime you hosted, you could specify if it was manditory to have a certain skill level to join... booted stats, games left before ended, etc etc should take effect as well. multiple accounts allowed in one game defeats the purpose of having a ranking system that's incomplete such as elo.. IF multiple accounts per console are allowed then limit the RANKED users on it to one per console?
    i think epic's intentions were in the right place here, i just think time spent on clan support would have been a much wiser investment. the ability to have 10000 accounts/console is ridiculous because of all the juveniles that abuse it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i think ppl missed the point... ive never heard anyone OFFICIALLY explain this to us... so just throwing an example out there and hoping someone can explain?

everyone else got off topic in general discussion about elo...

if ranks 1-4 play ranks 3000 plus...how can they keep rank...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Have the ratings/stats ever worked for this series? (And are people actually concerned about this junk?)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    budweiser is currently ranked 16th...

and this happens to me all the time. i spanked a group of nubs real bad one morning on my atx account. we played 3 whole maps and i died once and got the high score atleast 10 fold ever game. id score 80-90 per round(all nodes and most of core damage by me) and one time a dude capured a node and killed me while i had the orb, thats it. the highest score i gave up in 1 round i think was like 12-13. i drop from 50ish to 280ish. i ended up with like 20 something kills and got killed once in those 3 rounds and finished them off very swift and fast...nearly flawless. so i know it has alot to do with how there previously ranked prior to playing you in the match. im sure they were 1,000-10,000ish ranked easy. lmao! its mostly who you play and how well you play vrs them to my understanding.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    benfica if you could hear me mock you, i'd do it. please keep away from the KNOW IT ALL attitude about elo

here ya go - host a duel and have a friend play you.. before EITHER person frags, have your friend leave... they lose, you rank up - they drop in rank.. ZERO FRAGS, ZERO OBJECTIVES..... geez....

my initial question stands.

oh, b4 you ask... i play for fun, not ranks. tailsnakes invited me to a chat (duel) b4 as my psn used to blow due to ip conflicts, etc... long story short, neither of us fragged one another and when i left his room my existing rank of 18th dropped to the 40's.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    someone's missing the point.. if you dont know the answer to what im asking dont bother posting... its simple..

how can ranks 1-4 play a ROOM full of enemies ranked in the thousands....playing ALL NIGHT, and NEVER budge in rank...

once again, im NOT ASKING how to rank up in elo, thats easy....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
    I do not know how it works in DM or CTF. In WAR you will get a high score from objectives much faster than you will get it just killing. (there are always exceptions) If all you do is kill, you will likely not be top score. Players who not only kill, but also shoot the core, capture nodes, etc get the highest scores in the match. Of course, while doing those things, you also have the other teams players doing the same thing, so you kill until you get killed while you do the objectives..
    I'm sorry, what I mean to say is that I believe that 100 frags don't have the same contribution as 100 points obtained by getting nodes and attacking the core.
    Originally posted by KlLLiNg_SpRee
    objectives arent as important as frags/deaths win/losses.. 90% of my high ranked account was from dueling high ranked people...seriously, if you own a ps3 look at the top pure rankings and see 00_Budweiser_00,,, i have less than 1000 kills on that account, VERY FEW awards/objectives...
    It can't be, I get owned by everybody but I'm on the PC top20. OK I'm a decent WAR player and know what to do, but look, my K/D ratio is 0.84 and with ELO = 2923! There's another guy with ratio 6.19 with lower ELO. How do you explain that?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    objectives arent as important as frags/deaths win/losses.. 90% of my high ranked account was from dueling high ranked people...seriously, if you own a ps3 look at the top pure rankings and see 00_Budweiser_00,,, i have less than 1000 kills on that account, VERY FEW awards/objectives...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Benfica View Post
    Just top score doesn't cut it, you need game objectives. You will not get far by fragging on WAR or CTF
    I do not know how it works in DM or CTF. In WAR you will get a high score from objectives much faster than you will get it just killing. (there are always exceptions) If all you do is kill, you will likely not be top score. Players who not only kill, but also shoot the core, capture nodes, etc get the highest scores in the match. Of course, while doing those things, you also have the other teams players doing the same thing, so you kill until you get killed while you do the objectives..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    nonsense and rambling to this point... i have a sample account of 00_Budweiser_00

i got to rank 12th with it and played a dm with 2 other people... i didn't get fragged a single time but my rank went to 14th..

i think that account is still in the top 20.

i wouldn't have known about this theory had i not tested it myself. i dont intend to keep that account in the top ranks, just wanted to show ppl ANYONE can reach the top if its your main goal. i only played on that account a week and a half. im quite positive i could get first place if it was important...

my main question is how someone ranked 1 overall can play someone ranked 3000+ and NOT LOSE RANK... from the testing i've done with elo your performance means **** when you're playing low ranked opponents. ForceOfGod first mentioned this as a reason to not play us on his high ranked account. he insisted that regardless of his performance he would lose rank if we werent ranked in the top 10 or so..
    makes absolutely no sense to me that the top ranked 4/5 people could (theoretically) play an entire team of opponents ranked beyond the thousands..and not a single one drop rank

... unless someone is sure, lets keep the guessing to a minimum please?

surely someone knows/can provide clarification as to how this works?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Benfica View Post
    Just top score doesn't cut it, you need game objectives. You will not get far by fragging on WAR or CTF
    objectives and fragging people ranked higher then you.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X