Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i need to learn how to spawn kill. im told its the best way to make people mad =]

Originally posted by WeeDee View Post
    That's why i no longer play Warfare.
    spawn killing on DT made you quit warfare? hrmmm, i doubt it really. but you know there are other maps besides Downtown? DT has to be my least favorite map now. i like dusk and tank crossing more these days. way to many bad things about downtown to enjoy it anymore. way to many glitches and week spots to be abused in this map. besides on top of all this, its by far the easiest map to dominate, and that gets old quick!

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
    The tank fire is slow. Use the jump pads to the roof and shoot it from there. Then it's dead in a few seconds.
    ding ding ding! we have a winner!

its really not that hard to get passed this "spawn killing" problem on DT. although they really should of made a spawn spot on top of the roof at the base. thats really the only problem i have with all this is for that simple mistake epic made and not making a spawn point at the top of the base.

Originally posted by JPINATOR View Post
    Take this GAY **** to Pride week or something, not on my thread please...

The other reason that backs up my theory that its spawn killing is that 9 times out of 10 the person in the tank will be guaranteed a killing spree if not more. I remember many times playing with ATX he would be shooting in that cubby and getting "mega kill, mega kill, mega kill....godlike...mega kill, mega kill" I could literally hear it on the mic. I'm not pointing him out as the bad person here, this is just an example so don't freak out on him... I was in fact laughing cause we were playing lopsided teams and no one gave a **** but how can you not call that spawn killing? If we were on a heated match and it somehow worked out as getting that tank in there I would be steamed.
    get it right jp....double kill, ultra kill, mega kill, monster kill, MONTER KILL, MONSTER KILL, GODLIKE!, MONSTER KILL! MONSTER KILL!.....MASSACRE!!! MONSTER KILL, MONSTER KILL! and repeat until the masses realize dt sucks and shouldnt be played xDDD

Originally posted by KlLLiNg_SpRee View Post
    PROBLEM: warfare

SOLUTION... everyone switch to CTF?
    no! because you play ctf and thats worse than being spawn killed...trust me!

Comment

I read Tailsnakes link to the article ''Playing To Win'' and yea it makes aot of since. But everything in every game will have a pro and con to it. Kinda like Downtown, yea you can spawn kill with a tank, granting your team mates the chance to attack the enemy core. Yet an enemy can jump on the roof and pummel you. I've dueled people who may just stand in corners and attempt to get cheap shots the whole game, but you can just go ahead and hide in a corner, and eventually whoever has the most patienece we will because eventually someone will run into the open.

Everyone just has there own play style, i myself cannot stand to go stand on a high point and just pick people off. So i perfer to get into their face and go berzerk. But each tatic and style will have a strength and weakness.

Now is it possible for there to be imbalanced gameplay? Bugs/exploits? Abosolutely. Yea i may even be a scrub when it comes to that ****, but what happens to the guys who have to rely on that **** to win? A patch comes up to fix that, well those guys are ****ed.

But yea play to win i suppose.

Comment

all i can say is, this is what you all get for voting to play Downtown...

bad map is BAD!

vote Onyxcoast or even better, Torlan ~.^

Comment

I'm not experienced in ut3 at all, but SKing is an element of all kinds of games for years. I'm sure if you are the one being spawnkilled you might find it unfair, but on the other side I would take any chance to spawnkill my opponents at any time. (maybe that's just me)

BlAcKAlPhA

Comment

So, are those who complain about spawnkilling, "scrubs?"

Or would the "scrubs" be those who object to complaints against spawn killing?

The first complainers are exploring higher strategies, free of the strictures that normally require you to have the game actually running, in order to play it.

If they can get the tactic banned, or rendered impossible, it is victory for them, in the game, and in the meta game as well.

Are we to be "scrubs," and object to these meta tactics, simply because we are so hidebound as to demand the game only be played within its own, so arbitrary graphihcal context? So straitlaced as to think we can only win with rendered weapons and tanks, and never with impassioned argument, wit and rhetoric?

No, of course not. We must develop counter strategies, arguments and counterarguments. Anyone who says otherwise, is itching for a fight.

I remain,

Some Moron

"Belaboring the obvious, in the service of sophistry."

Comment

I haven't read all the way through, but in my book, this is not spawnkilling, because the core is vulnerable.

If the core is not vulnerable, then the base area is out of bounds. If the core is vulnerable, the gloves are off.

Then it's down to what the tank does next. If the tank driver is attacking the core, he'll enter the base propper, get a few shots at he core, the tank will get wrecked and then he should be able to finish off the core with link fire.

If he stays back ,and carries on pelting people as they spawn and he does not attack the core, that's spawnkilling.

Some teams deliberately hold back from blowing up the core to maximise frags, and that is the worst sin in the book as far as I'm concerned.

Pesronally I'd have taken the tank to the prime to make totally sure a comeback would be impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by rhiridflaidd View Post

Pesronally I'd have taken the tank to the prime to make totally sure a comeback would be impossible.
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

you sire are pure genius!

the best counter tactic i can come up with vrs all this crying of spawn killing is simple. make sure you get to the center node first and take over the e-prime asap and grab the tank yourselves. thats what i do atleast in most cases. if i spawn kill, its for reasons. #1 makes sure all the other teammates can catch up to the e-prime and become a defensive factor. #2 slows down the enemy to get back thier prime node. #3 teams are way uneven in skill and player wise, so ill spawn kill and bomb glitch the **** out of them just to **** them off to high heaven #4 and most used reason i SK...im simply bored and needing a good laugh! i know, im cold blooded ~.^

Comment

There is a difference between tactful spawn killing and spawn killing because you are a no-talent a$$ clown. ^ The no-talent spawn campers know who they are. ^

Comment

Usually when I attack a node, there are defenders. If I kill them, they often respawn right there. Then I kill them again. Sometimes this makes them angry. Oh well. I'm not leaving until I get the node or I'm dead. This seems to happen a lot on Avalanche at the two side nodes, but it's really every node on every map. As far as the tank at core, I no longer do it because usually by the time I get that slow as **** thing all the way there, the core is no longer vulnerable, and I should have taken it somewhere else.If a team can co-ordinate well enough and is skilled enough to have taken the enemy prime and gotten the tank to arrive at core at around the same time, my hat is off to them. This has already been said also, but I still think a guy on the roof with the link gun is harder to kill than the tank, because the jump pad in front can be covered while still shooting into my core. I recently started using the other jumpad in the corner, this is a better tactic, unless there are two rooftoppers, and one is covering the other guy's back. Now THAT is a devestating core killing MF'ng tactic. Especially with the increased rate of fire in the GOW Energize mod. Also, unrelated to thread, I freaking absolutely love the Kamikaze Board.

Comment

Originally posted by sofakingwetoddid View Post
                      There is a difference between tactful spawn killing and spawn killing because you are a no-talent a$$ clown. ^ The no-talent spawn campers know who they are. ^

sounds like someone is mad =]

Originally posted by The Demon Slick View Post
                      but I still think a guy on the roof with the link gun is harder to kill than the tank, because the jump pad in front can be covered while still shooting into my core.
                      they should ban the link gun too

your 100% right though. wonder why no one cries about that?

Comment

Kill Or Be Killed

Comment

Working...
                        X