• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KlLLiNg_SpRee View Post
    PROBLEM: warfare

SOLUTION... everyone switch to CTF?
    Golden solution

Comment

Simple:
      * If you are not pushed to your base, when you die press F2 and choose a different spawn location.
      * Otherwise like Trep├Žnima said, don't press fire, grab a weapon and move away from the line of fire.
      * If you can't grab a weapon, just use the jump pad and man the turret.
      * If you can't do any of these or you don't remember, practice a bit offline.

Comment

Originally posted by Benfica View Post
        Simple:
        * If you are not pushed to your base, when you die press F2 and choose a different spawn location.

My sixaxis doesnt have F2, neither does Woolvie's or JP's..

Comment

Originally posted by sofakingwetoddid View Post
          That article was awesome. Thank you for posting it. Much of it made perfect sense. It did not however change my outlook on spawn killing. While I am new to the game, I can imagine that spawn killing is not. How has it been handled in the past? What happens on pc when you spawn kill? Does the game itself withhold or deduct points for spawn killing?
          I was about to post the same article . Beat me to it.

Spawn killing has been a staple of UT ever since......well......forever. Because spawning is part of the game, killing someone near where they spawn is going to happen. Ahhh, good ole' 2004 Torlan. They should've just called that map Spawn Rape.

The PC game does nothing to punish spawn killing. The only consideration for spawn killing is the amount of time you are invulnerable after spawning. I don't even know of a server on which spawn killing is against the rules. I'm sure there's some, but I've never played there. The reason that spawn killing is fully allowed on so many servers is that it is considered a tactic. One that has counter tactics. Yes, it can be a ***** move much of the time. But the day I can't stop a tank from spawn raping the core on Downtown is the day I quit UT for good.

Let me address the specific instance that JPINATOR brings up.
          Originally posted by JPINATOR View Post
          Blue team has all nodes including tank node. Red team has no choice but to spawn at their core. Blue team gets a hold of their tank and proceeds to attack red teams core but has no choice but to shoot inside our "cubby hole" to get to it therefore killing everyone who spawns there, which happens to be the entire red team.
          Once blue controls the entire map, the goal is to destroy the core. There are two ways to contribute to that, attack the core directly or stop the enemy from taking back prime. By destroying the only vehicles the red team has and harrassing the players as they spawn the tank can effectively cripple the red team. This prevents them from organizing any kind of effort to take back prime node and frees up the rest of blue team to attack the core. It's an effective strategy and is perfectly ok.

Yes, it may be annoying for red team. Certainly newer players won't be able to do anything about it. A seasoned player must do nothing but hop on the jump pad right next to the spawn point and shoot the tank from above.

Now, spawn killing with a manta in the building next to the tank on Suspense is just a ***** move. It serves no purpose whatsoever.

Comment

It's a lose/lose situation.

Blue team loses because:
            The person in the tank who is trying to attack the red core is not going to be able to get near the core because the red team is forced to shoot at it. 1. to protect their core 2. to stay alive.

Red side loses because:
            They can't go anywhere else in the map and all they can do is die.

The only person who really wins in this situation is the person in the tank getting killing sprees.

Comment

If your killing people as they spawn to get somewhere (the core) it's not really spawn camping. Its like vCTF Suspence, you take the flag and run through the spawn, you kill people because you are going through, you aren't waiting there and killing them.

If though the tank didn't shoot the core and just spawn killed, that's the point where it becomes lame and well spawn killing to me. Then that's when i tell you to stop or be removed :]

Comment

Originally posted by Teckniec View Post
                Having a spawn point on the roof top would fix that
                another short and less complicated fix to that problem is to use the respawning mod Pacer created. It gives invincibility for 3 or 4 seconds after u respawn

updated: Nevermind I didnt realize someone already mentioned this

Comment

To repeat myself...

Taking the tank out of the game will fix that, moving the spawn point, creating a mod so you won't die for more than 2 seconds will also do that, I know..lol That's not my point of this thread. I just wanted to have a discussion about these unwritten rules so we can all just get a long.

Comment

Originally posted by sofakingwetoddid View Post
                    MrTripHop and myself were playing against Lunchy last week. He brought the tank to their core and just started waxing anything that moved. We both had mics and I told him I wasn't cool with it. He was like "Bro, Lunchy and I are cool with this." At the end of the game, Lunchy didn't say anything so, he musta been cool with it.
                    If lunchy didn't comment on it, its probably because he didn't want to be rude over the mic but i do know that lunchy hates spawn killers.

Comment

It's a lose/lose situation.

Blue team loses because:
                      The person in the tank who is trying to attack the red core is not going to be able to get near the core because the red team is forced to shoot at it. 1. to protect their core 2. to stay alive.

Red side loses because:
                      They can't go anywhere else in the map and all they can do is die.

The only person who really wins in this situation is the person in the tank getting killing sprees.
                      You're missing something important there even though you said it: "the red team is forced to shoot at it". This is exactly what makes it worth doing; if the entire red team is concentrating on a single vehicle, then it leaves the core unprotected for the blue team to attack.

Not all actions need to produce results directly, it is often more valuable to do something that enables the rest of your team to do their job better.

Comment

lol, well they really don't have a choice. If they are being attacked by the tank they can do 2 things, keep on being killed or try to shoot at it. But yes I do agree with you, the blue team can then sneak in through the alley and attack the core.

I think there is enough caos going as it is with the red teams vehicles respawning then being destroyed, blue tank killing everyone, red team respawning and dying and blue team trying to attack the core. All within a 30 second time frame where bodies and vehicle pieces are flying through the air. It's a party and we are ALL invited!!

Comment

Have a choice? Since when are you trying to give the enemy a choice? Leaving the enemy with no resources (e.g. spawn killing the vehicles) and leaving them scattered and disorganized (e.g. spawn killing with the tank) allows the attacking team to attack almost unimpeded. It's just good strategy.

BTW, "sneaking" through the alley is the absolute worst way to try and attack the core. I'd sooner walk in the front. The #1 way to attack the core is to drive a Scorpion in and self-destruct. Second is to go up the stairs by the jump boots and go accross the roof tops. Any other way in is a crapshoot whether you survive or not.

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
                            Have a choice? Since when are you trying to give the enemy a choice? Leaving the enemy with no resources (e.g. spawn killing the vehicles) and leaving them scattered and disorganized (e.g. spawn killing with the tank) allows the attacking team to attack almost unimpeded. It's just good strategy.
                            I just can't believe how alike we think when it comes to this, I fully agree with both this and your last post

Comment

Kicking for spawn killing with the tank on Downtown is one of the worst administratative errors of judgement that I have ever witnessed. If you drive your tank towards the enemy core on Downtown you're wasting your team's resources because it'll be destroyed very quickly since you're effectively standing there while the other team is all over you. Also, by wasting your tank in this way, you're giving the other team a chance to recover. Very poor tactic and if anything you should get kicked for that.

On the other hand if you spawn kill you're giving your team mates the best chance to make it to the enemy core and do significant damage. Spawn killing with the tank at the enemy base, is far more effective and intelligent than driving the tank towards the core.

Comment

Originally posted by KlLLiNg_SpRee View Post
                                PROBLEM: warfare

SOLUTION... everyone switch to CTF?
                                Hahaha Translocators suck Warefare FTW!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X