This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by H3i53nb3rg View Post
    There's a difference between the intent behind a statement and the history of a statement. Ironically, despite your narrow minded views on word usage, you just referred to homosexuals as gays rofl.
    both of you meet on a server and duke it out but KEEP IT OFF THIS FUGGIN THREAD!!!

Comment

I can see both sides of what you saying here. If the tank respawns and you intend to bring it down to the enemy prime to protect it but on the way past all the people spawning keep damaging you do you just keep rolling past at 1mph?

I'd say spawn killing it when someone goes out of their way to kill new players, like on suspense a hellbender or manta in the secondary spawn area.

I've come face to face with a tank in this situation on downtown and yeah it gets to me but I wouldn't call it spawn killing, its just the last sequence of a really hard game.

Comment

Originally posted by tWc_Harmerty View Post
        both of you meet on a server and duke it out but KEEP IT OFF THIS FUGGIN THREAD!!!
        Harmerty, when did you become the angry guy? You ok?

Comment

Originally posted by danjel8 View Post
          I can see both sides of what you saying here. If the tank respawns and you intend to bring it down to the enemy prime to protect it but on the way past all the people spawning keep damaging you do you just keep rolling past at 1mph?
          you dont have to take it right by their core though. you can sneak past all that ruckus, in the alley right by the tank node or you can go towards your own core, if your a chicken ***** ( if your the gunner this would be when you get out ).

Comment

The tank fire is slow. Use the jump pads to the roof and shoot it from there. Then it's dead in a few seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
              The tank fire is slow. Use the jump pads to the roof and shoot it from there. Then it's dead in a few seconds.
              That is, if you can make it to the jump pads.

Comment

It's certainly not cheating and the team spawning at the core does have options -- it's not like it's impossible. Maybe if there's only one person your team you might have a legitimate argument.

Use the jump pad to reach the top of the building and/or use the scorpion's self destruct.

Also, the tank won't take much damage off the core without driving up so it's more logical to tie up the other team (especially the orb) while the rest of the tank's teammates hit the core.

Comment

Originally posted by H3i53nb3rg View Post
                  There's a difference between the intent behind a statement and the history of a statement. Ironically, despite your narrow minded views on word usage, you just referred to homosexuals as gays rofl.
                  Yes, the intent is to say something "sucks." But using "gay" in place of "sucks" is a representation about how being gay is something negative. There is a history of people hating gay individuals. I don't know why you're arguing with me over this. It just shows all people that you have respect when you don't say "That's gay!" Is that really that much of a big deal?

Comment

Take this GAY **** to Pride week or something, not on my thread please...

The other reason that backs up my theory that its spawn killing is that 9 times out of 10 the person in the tank will be guaranteed a killing spree if not more. I remember many times playing with ATX he would be shooting in that cubby and getting "mega kill, mega kill, mega kill....godlike...mega kill, mega kill" I could literally hear it on the mic. I'm not pointing him out as the bad person here, this is just an example so don't freak out on him... I was in fact laughing cause we were playing lopsided teams and no one gave a **** but how can you not call that spawn killing? If we were on a heated match and it somehow worked out as getting that tank in there I would be steamed.

Comment

Originally posted by sofakingwetoddid View Post
                      That is, if you can make it to the jump pads.

EGGsactly!!! You can make it there, but its rare and might take you 7 respawns to finally get to it. By the time you respawn the tank is ready for another round of fire. The kill range is too big for such a small cubby space.

Comment

Originally posted by ZzyzX View Post
                        Yes, the intent is to say something "sucks." But using "gay" in place of "sucks" is a representation about how being gay is something negative. There is a history of people hating gay individuals. I don't know why you're arguing with me over this. It just shows all people that you have respect when you don't say "That's gay!" Is that really that much of a big deal?
                        Chastity Bono just called. She said to stop being so sensitive and stay on topic.

Comment

Originally posted by JPINATOR View Post
                          Take this GAY **** to Pride week or something, not on my thread please...

The other reason that backs up my theory that its spawn killing is that 9 times out of 10 the person in the tank will be guaranteed a killing spree if not more. I remember many times playing with ATX he would be shooting in that cubby and getting "mega kill, mega kill, mega kill....godlike...mega kill, mega kill" I could literally hear it on the mic. I'm not pointing him out as the bad person here, this is just an example so don't freak out on him... I was in fact laughing cause we were playing lopsided teams and no one gave a **** but how can you not call that spawn killing? If we were on a heated match and it somehow worked out as getting that tank in there I would be steamed.
                          I thought the man-crush with ATX was over? I kid-I kid. I agree with you. When you are playing with peeps you play with a lot. You give each other some lattitude with things like spawn killing. Sometimes people I know do it to me just to have fun with me. I kinda felt like that was what Woolvie was doing last night so, it didn't aggravate me.
                          On the other hand. MrTripHop and myself were playing against Lunchy last week. He brought the tank to their core and just started waxing anything that moved. We both had mics and I told him I wasn't cool with it. He was like "Bro, Lunchy and I are cool with this." At the end of the game, Lunchy didn't say anything so, he musta been cool with it. Of course, I wound up with my paltry score while mrtriphop had something like 270+.
                          Even when people are cool with you doing it. I can't bring myself to do it. It's become kind of a personal code for me.
                          JP- Can one of the GOW braintrust cook a downtown map with the spawn point on top of one of the buildings?

Comment

DowntownZ

I don't know about a 5th Downtown Ddition (2 stock maps, Downtown_Necris & DowntownX) but it can certainly be done. Sign up on GodsOfWarfare.com and make a request in the forum or a poll. If enough people get behind it - we could perhaps make it happen.

Considering how different UT3 is now with GOWEnergize - a node on top of a building or at one of those 2nd level spots at center might be quite nice with the GOWJump mod included. Finally a DECENT jump mod for the PS3 is out. Hopefully Pacer will consider releasing it in the near future for all you DM/Instagib/CTF cats & anyone else interested. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by sofakingwetoddid View Post
                              Even when people are cool with you doing it. I can't bring myself to do it. It's become kind of a personal code for me.
                              I agree, we both have a deep thrusting love for this game....lol

Comment

Originally posted by JPINATOR View Post
                                Woolvie and I had a heated discussion about what is acceptable for using the tank in downtown. Here is the situation and what I want you guys to put in your 2 cents and tell us what is considered spawn killing.

Blue team has all nodes including tank node. Red team has no choice but to spawn at their core. Blue team gets a hold of their tank and proceeds to attack red teams core but has no choice but to shoot inside our "cubby hole" to get to it therefore killing everyone who spawns there, which happens to be the entire red team.

To me, this is Spawn Killing and should be considered cheating. I understand the need to use the tank to damage the core as fast as possible but when the tank just sits there and shoots in where the red team has no where else to spawn, is unfair.

*Woolvie*
                                Feel free to expand our knowledge on how you think this isn't spawn killing and get both sides going. I shall be looking for your response.

Having a spawn point on the roof top would fix that

Comment

Working...
                                X