This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SpawnKilling (Downtown Warfare)

Woolvie and I had a heated discussion about what is acceptable for using the tank in downtown. Here is the situation and what I want you guys to put in your 2 cents and tell us what is considered spawn killing.

Blue team has all nodes including tank node. Red team has no choice but to spawn at their core. Blue team gets a hold of their tank and proceeds to attack red teams core but has no choice but to shoot inside our "cubby hole" to get to it therefore killing everyone who spawns there, which happens to be the entire red team.

To me, this is Spawn Killing and should be considered cheating. I understand the need to use the tank to damage the core as fast as possible but when the tank just sits there and shoots in where the red team has no where else to spawn, is unfair.

*Woolvie*
    Feel free to expand our knowledge on how you think this isn't spawn killing and get both sides going. I shall be looking for your response.

Well - yes it is SK, but its not cheating since u spawn in almost 1sec after death and there are no penalties.. (cept on ur ranking pos.)

So lets imagine u do 20dmg per 2 secs (Time u are invulnerable) per 1 person. 320dmg per 2secs per 16 ppl...

Should only take like 4.897654 secs to kill the tank.

But i do agree SK is really gay - but there shouldn't be a "rule" against it. Anyways i don't blame "Woolvie" for SK because its so **** fun - but it is really gay specially when u r the person who is getting SK'ed.

Having said that though - Woolvie should have realised that its really gay and he should stop so heres my two cents.

Woolvie is a mean person.

Yep. A mean person.

Comment

Spawn killing is apparently necessary in this map, as your goal, the Core, is behind the spawn points. This is a map flaw rather than a gameplay flaw, so feel free to break the "no spawn killing"-rule in Downtown.

Comment

Epic's fault here ...
        Why aren't any spawn points on the roof of the Core area?
        I'm not ranting but some maps have bad spawn point planing, just my 2 cents.

Comment

The problem is that the core is blocked by spawn points? Lol I'd probably still SK even if the core was behind me and the enemy players were in front of me. Yes it is a lame and cheap tactic but it's funny as. We all know how much it sucks to be SKed so most of us just take it when it happens, knowing that we'll get out turn to SK at one point or another. So all is well and good.

Besides, by spawn killing you're creating a diversion which allows your team mates to attack enemy nodes/cores.

Comment

Spawn Killing is a hot-button topic for me. I absolutely hate it. Just last night, I was playing downtown with Woolvie and he brought the tank to my core. I wouldn't care when players bring the tank to the core if they were aiming at the core. Often enough, they are not.
            Woolvie, last night you were not aiming at my core. For that, you are a restaurant quality poopie-pants.
            If you are not aiming the tank at the core. What's the difference between that and standing in the cubby, blasting people as they spawn while your mates kill the core?

On the other hand. I can tolerate spawn killing by Woolvie as long as it is understood that once started, all bets are off. The shape charge will be used on his linked core.

Comment

That's why i no longer play Warfare.

Comment

Think about this, if the guy is aiming at your core, what/who are you going to be aiming at?

Comment

Originally posted by IceFrogg View Post
                  Well - yes it is SK, but its not cheating since u spawn in almost 1sec after death and there are no penalties.. (cept on ur ranking pos.)

So lets imagine u do 20dmg per 2 secs (Time u are invulnerable) per 1 person. 320dmg per 2secs per 16 ppl...

Should only take like 4.897654 secs to kill the tank.

But i do agree SK is really gay - but there shouldn't be a "rule" against it. Anyways i don't blame "Woolvie" for SK because its so **** fun - but it is really gay specially when u r the person who is getting SK'ed.

Having said that though - Woolvie should have realised that its really gay and he should stop so heres my two cents.

Yep. A mean person.
                  Pay attention to what he said. With everyone going after the tank, it won't last. Eventually, Link Gun primary spam will wear it down. If it was camping an enemy powernode, then that would be different. Either way, I wouldn't call anything "gay" anyhow Ice because I know 2 people in Unreal Tournament 3 who ARE in fact gay.

Comment

Originally posted by ZzyzX View Post
                    Pay attention to what he said. With everyone going after the tank, it won't last. Eventually, Link Gun primary spam will wear it down. If it was camping an enemy powernode, then that would be different. Either way, I wouldn't call anything "gay" anyhow Ice because I know 2 people in Unreal Tournament 3 who ARE in fact gay.
                    You may have taken his 'gay' comment out of context. The 'gay' comment was not intended to imply that anyone who spawn kills will suddenly have style, the ability to decorate a room and drive a Saab.
                    I took it the same way I would if something was called 'stupid" I continue to call things stupid, even though I know more than a couple of people who ARE in fact stupid. -They are not offended.

Woolvie, you don't drive a Saab, do you?

Comment

It is clear from the context that the word gay is being used as a figure of speech. Geez, so sensitive.

Comment

Originally posted by H3i53nb3rg View Post
                        It is clear from the context that the word gay is being used as a figure of speech. Geez, so sensitive.
                        Where do you think this "Figure of Speech" came from? Think about it, it's really not that hard. And sofa, I didn't take it out of context at all. You sure did though, as what you just joked about is a complete and utter stereotype. I didn't mean to be oversensitive, but I'm sure that many gays are.

Comment

Where do you think this "Figure of Speech" came from? Think about it, it's really not that hard. And sofa, I didn't take it out of context at all. You sure did though, as what you just joked about is a complete and utter stereotype. I didn't mean to be oversensitive, but I'm sure that many gays are.
                          The history behind the figure of speech 'that's gay' is something I am not interested in. I know what my intent is and if someone is offended because they misconstrued my intent. Too bad.
                          Now stop playing Al Sharpton for the gay community so we can go back to the original topic.

Comment

There's a difference between the intent behind a statement and the history of a statement. Ironically, despite your narrow minded views on word usage, you just referred to homosexuals as gays rofl.

Comment

Originally posted by JPINATOR View Post
                              Blue team has all nodes including tank node. Red team has no choice but to spawn at their core. Blue team gets a hold of their tank and proceeds to attack red teams core but has no choice but to shoot inside our "cubby hole" to get to it therefore killing everyone who spawns there, which happens to be the entire red team.
                              Shooting anyone who steps outside moving towards or around the orb spawn is fair game, shooting by the weapons shack isn't, shooting anyone on the roof top is fair game and anything else isn't and i will ban your a$$ on my server!!! Don't take the tank in that area if your not a bad a$$ who can back up that move and if you think your gonna hide behind spawning teammates and shoot me i will fugg up your day ( sorry to the ones i spawn kill while messing with your teammate )!!!

Originally posted by IceFrogg View Post

Yep. A mean person.
                              Lol... ya man... your mean... really, really, mean!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X