No announcement yet.

How to improve aiming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I highly advise you learn the keyboard and be able to use it fluently without visual checks.
    Or get a self illuminating keyboard

Comment

some players are too good to be true, and they probably are. it makes you wonder whats going on?

Comment

Play Instagib for a few evenings. I bet you could shock-rifle a fly after all that

Comment

Originally posted by karat View Post
          some players are too good to be true, and they probably are. it makes you wonder whats going on?
          What's going on in most cases is, believe it or not, you're getting owned because they have a good training and a whole lot of online experience.

Cheaters are either so fool, that they reveal themselves after 10 headshots in a row in a couple of seconds, or they are so clever you won't ever tell the difference to a normal player.

Comment

whats 'hitscan'?

Comment

Originally posted by Leviner7 View Post
              whats 'hitscan'?
              A hitscan weapon is a weapon that hits as soon as you fire it. Examples are the Sniper Rifle, the Enforcer, the Shock Rifle's primary beam, and the Stinger's primary fire.

Comment

Instagib is a good way to improve your hitscan... but first...

1. Use a decent crosshair. The stock ones at stock scale are useless, at the absolutely least use 'simple crosshair' and scale it down considerably. I personally use a green dot, as do several others who play competitively.

2. As others said make SURE you have no mouse acceleration. You'll never get any good with that on.

3. Mouse won't make much of a difference until you actually start out-aiming it. I did fairly well with a (garbage, nearly the worst tracking mouse known to man) MS Laser 6000 - and it worked fine, until I learned to aim with my arm. It was fine for 4"/360deg sens, but at 14"/360deg it malfunctioned a lot. I now use a Deathadder with stock XP mouse drivers and USB polling rate @ 1000hz.

4. Get a decent framerate. Seems like it has nothing to do with aiming, but its probably more important than anything else. If this isn't steady and higher than your monitor refresh rate... i wish you luck.

5. Practice. Many of us have 100's of hours in the game. I have only been playing UT for about 1.5yrs, but have put in ~750 hours. Others have been playing steadily since back in '99... in other words, don't expect too much from yourself too quickly. Work to improve and it'll happen.

IMO removing the crosshair won't make you any better. Sometimes it's fun (and satisfying) to play without one, but I don't see how you could possibly improve that way - a visual cue to the center of the screen can't do any harm. In 2k4 I have beaten a godlike bot in instagib without a crosshair, but never did I do better than with it turned on.

Comment

Originally posted by NitrousOxide View Post
                  I object.

If you are looking at your keys you are taking your eyes off the monitor, leaving you subject able to being owned with a combo to the face.

I highly advise you learn the keyboard and be able to use it fluently without visual checks.

I also highly object playing in the dark as I have heard it is bad for your eyes when looking at a bright monitor in a dark environment.
                  +1 to all of the above.

Comment

1. Use a decent crosshair. The stock ones at stock scale are useless, at the absolutely least use 'simple crosshair' and scale it down considerably. I personally use a green dot, as do several others who play competitively.

2. As others said make SURE you have no mouse acceleration. You'll never get any good with that on.

3. Mouse won't make much of a difference until you actually start out-aiming it. I did fairly well with a (garbage, nearly the worst tracking mouse known to man) MS Laser 6000 - and it worked fine, until I learned to aim with my arm. It was fine for 4"/360deg sens, but at 14"/360deg it malfunctioned a lot. I now use a Deathadder with stock XP mouse drivers and USB polling rate @ 1000hz.

4. Get a decent framerate. Seems like it has nothing to do with aiming, but its probably more important than anything else. If this isn't steady and higher than your monitor refresh rate... i wish you luck.

5. Practice. Many of us have 100's of hours in the game. I have only been playing UT for about 1.5yrs, but have put in ~750 hours. Others have been playing steadily since back in '99... in other words, don't expect too much from yourself too quickly. Work to improve and it'll happen.
                    Great advice there. In fact that's all you really need to get going. Don't expect results over night, although you will slowly see the difference.

Comment

I dont know what to say besides try playing bots beat bots consitantly then after that try and getting into flag games where ppl arent as focused on kills so u can get then
                      But ive all ways been good at these types of games so good luck

Comment

Working...
                      X