Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to improve aiming?

Hello.
    Lately,when i'm playing online,i totally suck.Probably because i can't aim for ****.It ****** me off when other people aim perfectly and i can't shoot them.Few hours ago i had a DM match and i kept dying because of Headshots,Shock Rifle primary fire,even a Bio Rifle.It's amazing how people can shoot that green poop so perfectly.
    Oh,and you're probably thinking it's so easy to shoot me because i probably can't dodge etc...Well i know how to dodge and dodge a lot.
    So how the fucck should i aim better

practice my friend

Comment

Try changing the turn accelorator in the settings menu, just mess with that and the other settings. Try it and keep changing until your aim gets better, thats what worked for me. ;D

Comment

I use to turn off the crosshairs for a while.

Comment

1.Turn off the weapon hand
          2. Turn off mouse acceleration http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...e+acceleration
          3. Practice a lot (ping should be between 34-60ms if able, past that hitscan becomes harder and less predictable.)
          4. In servers with over 80ms you must lead the targets to be sucessful, aim where the person will be instead of at him.

Other notes:
          A good mouse helps aiming, logitech mx 518 or a razer deathadder(tracking skips) are the best mice you can get. Don't get a Lachisis, they are uncomfortable, have mushy side buttons, and while have good resolution CANNOT track if the lift at all.
          Bio takes no aiming at all, the hitbox of the bio is so large that spraying bio usually gets kills in a DM server.
          Sniper's headshot hitbox increases when standing still. Pause a second before shooting and it will make headshots easier without you aiming any different.

Comment

just takes alot of practice to be good with hitscan weapons. Having a low ping on the server also has alot to do with it though. The way I became alot better at hitscan was i put the shock as the top priority weapon right under the deemer, so now when ever I go through a weapon locker with it in it, boom i get shock first. And I way over use it even when not nessesary, like in close situations I'll try to use shock alot, even though Ive been dieing alot like that, I'm still trying to use it more and more and its netting me pretty good results.

Also... pending on what your mouse sensitivity is could also help with aim. Most pro's use a low sensitivity to help them track things better, u have to move your arm alot more but u get used to it after a day or two. If your sensitivity is still 2500 default, try lowering it and then play a IA deathmatch against bots that challenge you. Then lower more and more and see the results u get against them. Take which one u did best with then stick with that. Least thats what I did. In reality its all what your comfortable with. Whatever DPI u choose though try to stick with it, cause u will build a mind muslce connection and after some time u will be able to do flick shots on people. You won't even have to think about it and boom headshot. Those are cool the first time u get them. Other than that.. If you have a buddy who is at your skill level or higher skill level preferably, ask them to duel. Dueling helps so much with your aim, least IMO, it is alot about map control but u learn how to use maps to your advantage, which helps in DM if that is your gametype u play.

Also as people have said a new mouse can help emensly pending what u have now. I have now doubled my skill and poitns i get twice with new mice. When i first started playing I had a crapp 3 dollar mouse BOOO! then i upgraded to a 12 doller mouse that felt like a 30 dollar mouse, i instantly improved due to the better tracking and dpi of the mouse. I now went from that mouse to an mx518 and then a week later to a G5, and I improved again, not as much as the first time but it does help for sure. I recommend either the 518 or the G5 both are good mice.

Well if you ever would like to practice against someone or duel You can add me to your friends list I'll be more than happy to duel or practice against you any time you want. Ingame name & xfire is Oldskool0482.

Comment

HACKS

10chrs

Comment

Make your weapon "Hidden" and then turn off your crosshairs.
                Then play bots.

Comment

I used to practice a lot by taking one or a few of my favorite maps and played offline with no bots. I would load up on ammo via command console and running around popping combos while trying to do some of the craziest moves. This did help me out tremendously.

Remember to lead your opponent. Due to even small amounts of lag you will find you need to fire a bit in advance of your opponent. I knew one great player who kicked every bodies *** on in UT who played on a dial up modem. He knew just how far to lead to get his shots to land. Same applies here except less if you have a decent ping to the server.

Comment

Zzyzx, doesnt seem like a smart idea.

Comment

Originally posted by jjz View Post
                      For some it actually helps having no crosshair, I know Buzzkillington plays without one and he has pretty good hitscan, others like me I can't hit the blindside of a barn door without a crosshair, might as well try it out and see if it works for you. Though JJZ is a hell of alot better than me so what do I know

Comment

Originally posted by jjz View Post
                        Why not? It helps you focus on the entire screen and not just your center point.

*Edit* Yeah, it's really hard to kill somebody when you can't see your weapon nor do you have an aiming point to hit. But then when you start playing online, and you have your crosshair and/or the weapon showing, it can really help.

Comment

i'm still tweaking my mouse sensitivity to this day. as well as eating under cooked pork. but i digress. mouse sensitivity, practice.did i mention practice?

p.s. practice.

Comment

Aimbot ITS DA BEAST!!!!! Nah just kidding but you just need to pratice with your crosshairs off for abit (i hope they have that for 360 version because i know i will suck this is my first UT game xD i'm getting the 360 version so the 360 version of UT3 is my first one lol)

Comment

Originally posted by Tagen View Post
                              I used to practice a lot by taking one or a few of my favorite maps and played offline with no bots. I would load up on ammo via command console and running around popping combos while trying to do some of the craziest moves. This did help me out tremendously.
                              Yes, I think this is the best training you can do.
                              Too bad online you will have the ping, but it won't take much time to get used to it even if you practice offline, imo.

Comment

Working...
                              X