Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[PC] VCTF Custom Map Party, TODAY! RIGHT NOW! ALL DAY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PC] VCTF Custom Map Party, TODAY! RIGHT NOW! ALL DAY!

This is TODAY! JOIN US!

To help kick start the custom map scene in VCTF, we're hosting a Sunday BBQ at our server!

We're running a whole bunch of custom maps, so hopefully it will finally help start prying all of our fingers off of Suspense / Necropolis / Sandstorm!

"But Void," I'm sure you're saying, "custom vctf maps in UT3 are like 50 Mb each. man! That's like 10 minutes of downloading between every map! That's a good hour or two of wasted time staring at a downloading percentage! I have no interest in that BS!"

I couldn't agree with you more.
    Get this file instead:
    http://dev3.twitchhosting.com/ut3/mappack/vctfmappack1.1.zip

That's all the maps we're running (at the moment) in one convenient (albeit huge) zip file. You can download that right now while you're just cruising around your forums.

Once it's done downloading, you dump all the files into a specific folder on your computer (there's details in a readme file in the the package), and you're ready to go! No more downloading!

This party is, in no way whatsoever, meant to detract from the VCTF Mixer, or any tournaments that are going on. To the best of my knowledge, nothing from the Mixer is happening on that Sunday, and we all very happily support the Mixer. Anything that helps bring the community together and show support is a good thing in my book!

So, get that zip file, get all prepped, and we'll see you on that Sunday!
    Bring all your UT friends, we're really depending on the community to make this a success!

Details:

What: Sunday BBQ! No tournament, just a big ol' pub frag fest! Come on by! Bring the kids!

Date: Sunday June 29th

Time: ALL DAY (will probably peak in the evening, like most servers)

Server: 66.225.31.60:7780
    Server Name: FlagsAndFrags VCTF BBQ CUSTOM MAP PARTY!!! [TH] [UTF]

Custom maps we're running (and are in that zip file):
    VCTF-AggressiveAlleys3(Hot).ut3 01-Jun-2008 08:30 72M
    VCTF-AggressiveAlleys3(Wet).ut3 23-Apr-2008 15:46 64M
    VCTF-AggressiveAlleysClassic.ut3 25-Apr-2008 22:52 41M
    VCTF-Alpine.ini 23-Apr-2008 15:46 222
    VCTF-Alpine.ut3 23-Apr-2008 15:46 74M
    VCTF-AltasCity.ut3 23-Apr-2008 15:46 43M
    VCTF-AncientFortressLV.ut3 21-Jun-2008 09:44 25M
    VCTF-ArenaOfDeath.ut3 12-Feb-2008 19:19 13M
    VCTF-Avalanche-v2.ut3 23-Apr-2008 15:46 50M
    VCTF-Badlands.ut3 23-Apr-2008 15:46 81M
    VCTF-COD.ut3 09-May-2008 09:41 48M
    VCTF-CanalWarfare.ut3 23-Apr-2008 15:46 42M
    VCTF-Celotex.ut3 09-May-2008 09:41 16M
    VCTF-CraterMiningCamp.ut3 23-Apr-2008 15:46 36M
    VCTF-Dune.ut3 23-Apr-2008 15:46 82M
    VCTF-DustBowl.ut3 26-Nov-2007 19:39 8.0M
    VCTF-FeelGoodInc.ut3 23-Apr-2008 15:46 11M
    VCTF-Harbour.ut3 09-May-2008 09:42 49M
    VCTF-KlinikaResemblance.ut3 01-Jun-2008 08:30 28M
    VCTF-Megastructure.ut3 23-Apr-2008 15:46 57M
    VCTF-Megastructure_SE.ut3 02-Jun-2008 17:24 59M
    VCTF-Sacrilege.ut3 15-Jun-2008 19:06 53M
    VCTF-Satellite-V2.ut3 23-Apr-2008 15:46 24M
    VCTF-Slax][.ut3 23-Apr-2008 15:46 15M
    VCTF-Snowbound.ut3 23-Apr-2008 15:46 49M
    VCTF-SpeedTomb][.ut3 01-Jun-2008 08:30 19M
    VCTF-Suspense-Necris.ut3 23-Apr-2008 15:46 55M
    VCTF-Torlan_v1_0_9.ut3 23-Apr-2008 15:46 77M
    VCTF-TwilightZone.ut3 23-Apr-2008 15:46 27M
    VCTF-WGS-Altitude.ut3 23-Apr-2008 21:20 34M
    VCTF-[sWs]-NoParkingV2.ut3 23-Apr-2008 15:46 19M
    vCTF-IceRC.ut3 23-Apr-2008 15:46 42M
    vCTF-Luracia.ut3 22-Jun-2008 00:48 45M
    vCTF-Timberland.ut3 23-Apr-2008 21:39 17M
    vctf-TritonArena.ut3 07-May-2008 18:38 36M

If you have questions, comments, concerns, let me know! Here, or on x-fire: thevoidutf

hi cool idea hope pll will now play more costummaps i play costum all the time i will be there but not att your time lol why not on a saterday

Comment

Nice list there, we have a couple on our server as well, I love Custom Maps, I mean with only have 6 stock maps, customs are like crack for me now lol.

Comment

Yeah, I'm really hoping that this little event will get EVERYONE playing more custom maps, and be good for ALL custom servers, not just our server.

We just felt like we had to do *something* because, honestly, how long can a community survive on 6 stock maps, only three of which are played frequently?

So hey, try to get everyone from BGE over there. We definitely welcome BGE with open arms.

Comment

I suport it,just hope I get GOOD ping.,WI here

Comment

I'm in IN, and i get the low 100s.

Lice (server owner) is going to try to move it before the event to a faster server. So the IP address above MAY change. I'll make sure to make a big ol' stink about it if it does.

Comment

Sounds like a great time! I will definitely stop by.

Is Lice's UT3 name _Lice?

Comment

other way around. Lice_

Comment

Oh yeah I will absolutely be there. Tell him hello for me.

Comment

Will do. Make sure to bring any and all friends!

If Mark Rein or Mr. Clifford B or any other admins around here want to swing in for a good butt kicking, we'd be happy to have them too, lol.

Comment

Uhmm might pop in, but we have a official on the same day :[

Whats the fun without the best vCTF clan ey? :P

Comment

Originally posted by TheVoid34 View Post
                        Yeah, I'm really hoping that this little event will get EVERYONE playing more custom maps, and be good for ALL custom servers, not just our server.

We just felt like we had to do *something* because, honestly, how long can a community survive on 6 stock maps, only three of which are played frequently?

So hey, try to get everyone from BGE over there. We definitely welcome BGE with open arms.
                        I'll see what I can do man, most of us play late night have to see if u guys are still in there when we are on, I'll try to make it during the day though.

Comment

This is a week from tomorrow, just a reminder!

We're looking at most likely an afternoon to evening into late night thing, but I'll be around pretty much all day here and there.

This is all going to be very dependent on the support of the community and it definitely needs everyone to be there. When the community is small like UT3 VCTF, every single person counts!

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
                            Oh yeah I will absolutely be there. Tell him hello for me.
                            Hey Flak! This should prove for a fun evening, hope to see you there, bring some friends! Be sure to download the map pack, there will be a supplemental map pack as well, since there have been a few -REALLY GOOD- vctf releases that didn't make it into the pack when I zip'd it all up.

(this is -the- lice_, no substitutes )

p.s. Have you read our thread on the vctf mixer? this will be an AWESOME line up, plenty of spec spots so if you want to see what the community is up to these days pop in and check it out!

Comment

Hey could you post a screenshot or two of VCTF Snowbound? I posted a map on here a few months ago with that name and was wondering if that is it. My computer seems to have crashed and I might have to wipe the hard drive (i'm posting this on my dad's computer) The site I originally uploaded the file to removed it and the only copy of it I have is on that computer so unless I can fix my comp without wiping the hard drive I will lose it.

It was pretty symmetrical and (obviously) snowy level with two bases (with a front entrance and back entrance) and three paths between the two bases and lots of vehicles. Sorry to interrupt the flow of the thread if I did but it is my first map and I really don't want to lose it. I would download the map pack to see but I'm not allowed to download on this computer.

Here is a link to the thread where I posted it: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=600512

Comment

Working...
                              X