Keyboard against power of thoughts - the world's first show Match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keyboard against power of thoughts - the world's first show Match

A duel like a science-fiction film takes place tonight instead: One of the best players of Unreal Tournament 3 occurs against a counterparty, only with the power of his thoughts, his eye movements and his facial muscles plays.

the videos over an hour in 4 parts can you find on
    http://www.game-tv.com/news/mode/7/n...Showmatch.html

have fun and leave a comment
    Greetings Catzenjaeger
    www.UnrealBase.de

and sorry the all movies in german

Ah, the "OCZ Neural Impulse Actuator". This thing will be amazing for people with disabilities! An one armed dude is owning on UT3: OCZ NIA setup and thread help

Comment

I would much rather use one of those than any controller or mouse. I have a feeling you'd be much more accurate!

Comment

any quick translation for those who dont speak sputnik

Comment

http://www.ocztechnology.com/product...pulse_actuator

That's the translation.

Comment

I do agree that it will be amazing for people with disabilities!

Not for gaming, but for security too! The possibilities are beyond infinite

Comment

I still kinda wonder how it works, I mean do you actually have to "think" "left mouse click now" in order to shoot? :P If it really is that easy than it's kinda boring and maybe even lame to use but for other things it might be a very good outcome to use a computer indeed

Comment

Oh **** it's biofeedback...

If biofeedback is finally good for something, the end must truly be near

oh ****

Well I suppose I have to buy one anyway

Comment

Originally posted by utzBluesman View Post
                  I do agree that it will be amazing for people with disabilities!
                  I've just spoken with 2 friends, they are enthusiastic about it.

Comment

It looks interesting. From what little I've seen I'll probably buy one first chance I get.

Just kind of scary to think that biofeedback stuff really turned out to be useful after all.

I suppose we'll be talking to dolphins next

Comment

well is it like u think "headshot" and your start counting kills till you hit massacre?
                      or do you actuely have to aim there thinking move up/down/left/right?

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyChiken View Post
                        well is it like u think "headshot" and your start counting kills till you hit massacre?
                        or do you actuely have to aim there thinking move up/down/left/right?
                        To my understanding, it's much the same way you control your own body. If you want to move your arm, you don't think "left arm move 23 degrees," you just concentrate on making your arm do what you want it to do.

The game doesn't respond to mental thought commands. It can't read your mind.

So, in-game, it likely takes a lot of practice to get your mind to control your character, but eventually, when you think about strafing left, you will strafe left. It probably becomes instinctive after a while. In fact, I recall this working with monkeys...

Comment

Working...
                        X