Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Midnight gaming server upgrades

Hey all,

Taffy's TDM redirect server has been very slow over the last couple days, and the the gaming server has been acting flaky at times.

Two days ago Midnight gaming sent me this:

We will be upgrading our server hardware which runs the TCAdmin and Billing systems over the next 1-2 days. These systems may not be available for several hours during that time. Also game servers in the LA datacenter will be down during the move to the new datacenter. We will work to keep the downtime to a minimum. We appreciate your patience as we perform this upgrade. Midnight Gaming

I don't know if it has to do with some of the issues we're experiencing but I can't control the gaming server right now, can't access the redirect server, and can't submit a support ticket.

Just wanted to let you guys know that Taffy's TDM is in limbo right now and to hang on

that's ok, we appreciate the heads up, and patience is a virtue i can exhibit time to time. thanks for your contributions, and we'll all see you again soon enough!

Comment

my Chicago server has been working fine, in fact it was full all last night and had players on til 8 am this morning. I can't access the control panel though but as far as I understand it besides the LA upgrade it's just the stuff on their website that is being effected. The game server should run like usual. You should install webadmin on your server. It is very easy to setup and then you can use it instead of or as a backup to the midnight system. It has a quite a few options built in like on the fly player mgmt and settings changes so you don't have to login on the server itself to do or mess with some of the config files.

Comment

Thanks.

Webadmin is installed, but that isn't going to help solve the slow redirect issue. I know something is up with the redirect server because I can't access it with the login/pswd they gave me. If you go to their website you can't even ping to any of their gaming server locations.

If your server is not having redirect issues you may be on a different redirect server.

Anyway, it should be resolved shortly.

Comment

It just hit me as to what might be going on.

I think what's going is that this particular redirect server is actually down and the custom maps are being downloaded directly from the gaming server. That's why the downloads are so slow and that's why we were seeing some warping in game.

I switched maps because players were having very slow redirect. But they didn't disconnect and reconnect so the download stayed active through the next map.

The only way I can explain the warping is that the download was taking place from the gaming server and not the redirect server.

Comment

Hi Taffy,

Please open a support ticket on our website for help resolving issues. I would never have known you were having a problem except that Flak pointed out this tread to me. Thanks Flak

Anyway the problem is resolved. Please open a ticket if you are still having problems.

Cheers,

Midnight

Comment

Hey Midnight!

I can't open a support ticket because the little box that is supposed to be populated with the security code is a red x. No matter how many times I refresh the web page it is still a red x.

Thanks Flak and Midnight!

Comment

Seems to play fine now. Even had a chance to try the redirect.

Thank you

Comment

I got that security code issue fixed. Sorry about that. IIS7 upgrade has been a lot of fun, not.

FYI you can always email us directly or contact us via irc, xfire etc. links are on our homepage.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight View Post
                    I got that security code issue fixed. Sorry about that. IIS7 upgrade has been a lot of fun, not.

FYI you can always email us directly or contact us via irc, xfire etc. links are on our homepage.
                    How bout getting the Midnight gaming servers made EPIC recommended. Like the ones in this thread. http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=604802 It seems funny that your servers are way better in alot of peoples opinions, but yet they (Epic) dont recommend you guys. Just thought I'd give you a heads up.

PS. I've played in alot of midnight gaming servers, and have not had any problems. (This coming from Canada) Thanks, and keep up the good work.

Comment

Just in case anybody wanted to see what these guys offer. Check this out. http://midnightgaming.net/compare3.html

Comment

Thanks for the props. I asked WarTourist nicely to include us in the list but either decided not to, or he just forgot. Maybe if you could start a petition thread on my behalf he would do it I don't know if they would allow me to do such a thing because it might look like advertising.

Originally posted by sincreator View Post
                        How bout getting the Midnight gaming servers made EPIC recommended. Like the ones in this thread. http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=604802 It seems funny that your servers are way better in alot of peoples opinions, but yet they (Epic) dont recommend you guys. Just thought I'd give you a heads up.

PS. I've played in alot of midnight gaming servers, and have not had any problems. (This coming from Canada) Thanks, and keep up the good work.

Comment

Working...
                        X