Just bought the game and the cut scene's sound skips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought the game and the cut scene's sound skips

Is this a bug? The game runs fine but the sound/conversations loop/skip. Have updated drivers so not sure what to do. I just got it today so was a bit upset....if you know a fix please let me know.

Thanks

I'd like to know this too please. Also is there a way to make the textures in levels load before the level starts?

Thank You!

Comment

Are you running Patch 1.2, Gusto?

Comment

Sound skipping...

I have the same problem. I installed patch 1.2 and it still skips. Besides that, the game works fine.
        It's the voice-over during the loading times that skips.

Comment

It did that to me too, and I never found a fix. I think it's a mixture of creative drivers and a very fast PC.

Comment

Originally posted by rhiridflaidd View Post
            It did that to me too, and I never found a fix. I think it's a mixture of creative drivers and a very fast PC.
            ┬┐Que? Why would a very fast PC cause that?

Comment

It's more than likely that the problem comes from your audio card. Do you all have the same?

Comment

Try disabling Openal in the sound settings.

Comment

I seem to remember Xfire causing sound loss problems in the cut scenes.
                  If i closed Xfire the problem went away. I thought it had been fixed.

Comment

sry if I got the wrong end of the stick

Comment

do you use xfire?
                      close it and you are done

Comment

it always skipped for me on two different sound cards (one creative one not) and i dont use xfire, so i think its just a intermittent bug... would be nice if it was fixed too

Comment

Yeah same happened to me good to know its a bug rather then pc being inferior lol

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I use IE and it is closed while playing. The thing is I can play the game fine it's just those cut scenes. I wish I could play them without skipping since I enjoy these storyline elements.

Comment

Working...
                            X