Pc Vs Ps3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pc Vs Ps3

Hi all,Due to a lack of people beeing online do you know if they will allow pc users to play against ps3.Ive bought all the ut games in the series and im dissapointed thats theres not many people online.As online play is where you get the best out of the game its about time they added ps3 and xbox with pc on 1 server due to the lack of copies being sold.First off what does every one else think.

I know that there are people working on allowing PS3 players face the totally evil wrath of the PC players but it seems that the project log on this forum has died. I think it would be cool to have more players online, although i think what we have now is enough to keep me happy.

There are a lot of threads discussing this topic, i suggest you use the search button if you want to find more information.

-tJev

Comment

Nvidia: the gaming PC is an improved console

The systems are incompatable. Even if it could be done, the PS3 players would have a huge hardware disadvantage.

Here is Nvidia's take on PC vs console

Nvidia: the gaming PC is an improved console

http://techreport.com/discussions.x/14910

Comment

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
        the PS3 players would have a huge hardware disadvantage.
        hardware disadvantage??? the hell... the game is already made, everything about the graphix are already done. Being able to connect the two through a patch is another story but the hardware/graphix have nothing to do with it! To continue on the OP's question, i would like it, people complained that the ps3 version was to slow when it first came out and then mod's followed that made the ps3 way faster then the PC version, so i think it would be fun to see how they work together.

Comment

That would be HUGE considering Shadowrun sucks this would be the first KICK@ss game to allow ultimate pwnage. its only natural that this fake barrier be broken down. all 3 systems are computers so let them all play together. isnt that what LIVE was suppose and M$ doesnt even support it for Halo2 epic should shove this in their face and be like SEE WE ARE BETTER.

Yes im for Xplatfrom i have PS3 and PC with nvidia9800gtx

Comment

The ability for PS3 and PC players to play together, if it happens, will likely happen after the game has been patched a couple more times on each system. Right now, there are issues on the PS3 that the PC doesn't have and vice versa. I imagine the biggest issue would be the fact that PC players can just download custom content from servers and play automatically, whereas I understand PS3 players need to have the content already on the machine beforehand.

The only real disadvantage that PS3 players would have is that they don't have the ability to modify the .ini files to customize the game to their liking as the PC players do. Does the PS3 even have the ability to turn down world detail to get rid of all the annoying effects?

Comment

There is a very small change that Epic will have an update and make the game Cross-Platform.
              It would have been asewone, assuming that there are more players on PS3 than on PC's.

Comment

Working...
              X