Getting that old feeling back.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting that old feeling back.

When I was 14 or so I remember a game that came out for the PS2 called Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal. This game was practically perfect in every way compared to the older versions of R&C. They took what they loved about the old games and made them better, and then added something new this time around, online multiplayer. This is the first time I really remember falling in love with a game. The online play was so addicting! I would come home from school and be online with my friends all night till my eyes wouldn't stay open anymore.

As I watch all these UT3 trailers and gameplay vids I see a lot of similarities between UT3 and that game I loved so many years ago. Fast paced sci-fi shooter, with extensive vehicles, and ridiculous amounts of unnecessary fire power . Anyone who played UYA can see that Warfare is almost exactly like Siege mode. Epic is also doing what Insomniac did with their amazing franchise. Taking what they love about the old games and making them better. I was watching a video interview from Epic Games Producer, Jeff Morris *(link at the bottom of this thread) and he started talk about when they were making the game he liked to introduce the rule of thirds. When making a new game he felt the it should be kept 1/3 the same, keeping the core of what made the last games fun to play, 1/3 improved, including tweeks and such, and 1/3 completely new content. This is what started to attract me to this title, knowing that this studio is thinking of us the entire time they are making this game.

I'm starting to get that feeling in my gut I would get playing UYA and I don't even have my copy of UT3 for my 360 yet. I'm just glad that there is a game out there that can give me that old feeling back. I'm so excited to jump on Live when this game comes out. I just wish it was comming out sooner!

* http://gameinvasion.comcast.net/game...ios_jeffmorris

i play on pc, and have a ton of 360 friends who are all salivating and waiting. just from what they've seen and played at me house on me machine, they're hooked. hope it all comes back to you and it feels 'right'...
    have a nice day.

Comment

Yeah I love UT3! They got the old style back with a new flare! The Dogeing is back to the way it was in UT, the pistols are back, and just as good if not better then they were in UT, the rocket launcher is back in ballance, the Link gun rocks now, the Flack Cannon kicks butt still! But most of all the vehicles no longer take 25 rocket shots to kill with a standard rocket launcher.

Comment

Working...
      X