Unwritten Rules Of VCTF AND WARFARE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Spawnkilling by accdent I can understand but blowing up people repeatedly that have no defence and not even the chance to move thats just low.

Thats where war becomes a blood bath.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kiyoka View Post
    ...what? What kind of rule is that? That´s like saying "Don´t take super veichles into enemy bases to destroy core"
    I believe he's referring to the shaped charge bug, where it's possible to take out nodes or damage the core even though it's not linked. Glitching, of course, is a no-no.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    is healing any teammates vehicle at any time you are near it, if it needs it, and then providing aerial coverage with your lobo until the vehicle is out of your sight, habitually, an unwritten rule? i thought i somethjing to that affect somewhere...maybe not the part about habitually. seriously if someones got a vehicle to be repaired i'm all about it yo!
    i still notice people flying off right away when they get a manta/raptor/scorp, without perhaps waiting to see if some poor sap is gonna try to hitch a ride. i mean i try to drive nice when i tow, but seriously, alot of people out there don't realize they're flying around with me hanging there like a pinata or something. maybe i need to communicate better when i play team oriented games. tbh, i usually just go off and do whatever...not like go afk or what hve thee, just kinda auto pilot mode on what needs to be done. if i spawn hot, and i can get a run on a node from a driver or something, i'll go up for it, but usually i'll chill way back and work my way forward at my own pace, clear as i go, node by node, on foot. not true, i use the hoverboard.trickjumping and all that. maybe go hang out at the node closest to the front, or at an unsupported one. try to capture the occaisional out of the way node. come running if another node is being worked over.(unless my node has security issues of it's own)heal a teammates vehicle. i'm generally not all the way up front.
    with vctf, i like to get a look at how the runners come in, and then just go from there.
    it's always good to see someone come swoooping in behind a manta to take your flag like 14 seconds after the match has started. lets me know that i'll neeed to be on my toes. two or three or more people all getting in on a flag assault, not worrying so much when you get fragged and there are a few of your buddies around who might still pull it off.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TWO_FASE View Post
    3. Using the shape charge or redeemer missle to take out either prime node or core. (i think its okay as long as u have the go ahead to take out the core after nodes have been linked)
    ...what? What kind of rule is that? That´s like saying "Don´t take super veichles into enemy bases to destroy core"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No Cheating (bots or other software)
    Do Not Use Glitches
    Listen to Server Admins
    Respect Other Players

Beyond that, there are 2 only rules of play;

Rule#1 -> There are no rules.

Rule #2 -> There is only one rule, see rule #1

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by H3i53nb3rg View Post
    Guys, we're all human and most of us play games for fun. So naturally we're going to want things to go our way. Like most players (most won't admit it) I'm a hypocrite when it comes to games. I'm perfectly fine with spawn raping but I hate it when it happens to me. But come on, that's a natural reaction. It's not real life and we just want to play games to have fun. There is no rule book you need (or should have to) abide by.
    lol, gotta love the honesty.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Guys, we're all human and most of us play games for fun. So naturally we're going to want things to go our way. Like most players (most won't admit it) I'm a hypocrite when it comes to games. I'm perfectly fine with spawn raping but I hate it when it happens to me. But come on, that's a natural reaction. It's not real life and we just want to play games to have fun. There is no rule book you need (or should have to) abide by.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I hear ya... I can find much better ways to employ a manta than just "run over this guy, now run over that guy... oh look, I can run over this guy too..."

Seems boring to me, but if others want to do that, then they can't cry when someone out-skills them and takes it and/or does the same thing right back to them. I love it when someone goes manta-whoring for like 15 straight minutes, then loses their manta and dies, then complains because someone's manta-whoring their base or spamming the bridge with an SPMA... I mean c'mon....

Personally, I think it is an oversight by the LD of Suspense that you can get in there. Any other vehicle than the manta would be easily countered and there's no Avrils even remotely close to the base (another oversight IMO), and no Avril Ammo (definitely an oversight, in competitive matches you shouldn't HAVE to respawn to get more Avril ammo, especially when you have to expose yourself to a lot of sniper fire on flat, open ground to get an Avril at all).

But, they haven't fixed many exploits in a while, perhaps it's on the to-do list... so we can maybe expect it after they patch GoW2 lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i mean, don't get me wrong i know that things like the susp spawn room mantacamp can affect the match far beyond the frustration caused to receiving players, it's just not my thing. i'm one of those dudes that will go after a manta with the hammer, that's not the point, i'm just not one to employ that tactic, that's all i'm saying.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    For players that complain about the Manta spawn camping: Learn to use the Impact Hammer Alt-Fire to blast people out of their Manta. Most people think of some random person CHARGING their Manta with an Impact Hammer a n00b mistake, then I wallop them, take the Manta, run THEM over as they stand up, heal it up and use it to defend MY base... now they're short a Manta....

Sniper campers in VCTF and WAR have their place I suppose... but seriously, if you knew anything ANYTHING at all about sniping, you would know that the best Sniper Tactic is to Shoot and Move, Shoot and Move.... People that just camp one spot are bound to get spotted, so relay that info to your team... sooner or later that camper's gonna eat a lot of flak once enough people know their location and close in on them.

Core exploit on Downtown is just that, an exploitable oversight and I think it's a lame way to crank up your player score....

Speaking of Player Scores, they don't mean JACK in VCTF and WARFARE. Period. You can score 30,000 kills in a game camping one insignificant spot and if your team loses, what was it worth? You still lost, you didn't do anything to help the team win. Rule of thumb, if you haven't seen anyone in the last 8-10 seconds, you're covering the wrong area, load up an assault weapon and muddle your way to a place with a better vantage point.

It's a good idea to assign a flag runner before you go charging into the enemy base and set up a sort of chain of command... (IE- "SoAndSo" is the Primary Flag Runner, "WhatsHisName" is Second, "ThatOtherGuy" Third, etc). Have this team of guys go in and possibly a second group branch off another direction entirely to run interference. Primary and secondary flag runners should get first dibs on Armor and Health, and Boots. The rest should do anything, I mean ANYTHING to keep the runner alive to AND from the flag. If you're low on ammo and half down on health, consider yourself expendable and make yourself a very annoying distraction (Hit the tank with close-range Flak or unload a Stinger on the nearby Hellbender)... You might kick their **** and save your teammates some grief and be a hero, or you might just get your **** handed to you... Oh well, you respawn instantly at full health and load up again. Worst-case scenario, you know where your runner will be headed with the flag and can meet up halfway. Communication is key...

On top of that, you need to have a good plan of defense. Camp if need be, but don't forget that your team can't score as easily without your help. If the flag runner says "Incoming With Flag" and you have a full health Goliath, get your butt out there and wreak havoc on anyone that could be catching up to them. Try to plan out multiple methods of intercepting incoming enemies instead of always being in the same spot... you're being predictible and sooner or later you're gonna get hosed.

Don't take friendly vehicles unless they've obviously abandoned them for good.

Always take enemy vehicles and heal them up, they are expendable and the longer your team controls it, the longer the enemy won't get it back.

If you have a tank or a Darkwalker, you die with it or you jump out AS IT IS DYING, you NEVER want to give the enemy THAT kind of firepower.

If you have a flying Vehicle, Tow your Buddies across the map. You can mount a really good surprise attack with multiple air drops. With a coordinated Air and Ground Vehicle strike and a couple good infantry peeps, you can easily dominate an unseasoned team....

That's it from me for now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Guys WARFARE= WAR there is nothing fare about it, nice is OK until I lose then its on, Its just a game we use it to entertain and release stress, why in the world are going to hold back so we don't hurt someone's feelings(BS), Most of us are adults so deal with it, even if we become an uncontrollable child in the game, but thats why we do it, it gives us the alternative to be different then in real life for a a couple of hours. Have fun but if you don't tell people they are doing the wrong thing they keep doing it over and over again. Spawn killing is part of the game, in competitive gaming its an important weapon to slow down the opponent. I condone bashing but no direct abusive insults, thats all.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [QUOTE=ShadeMistress;25408100]
    All I say is play fair and have fun. And help the n00bs become better players instead of yelling at them all the time.

QUOTE]

yes yes yes, have fun.
    unfortunately, some may not see it this way, and will still manta ***** the spawn in susp. it may seem fun, but how fun is it on the receiving end? i'm not advocating turning the other cheek, but cheap kills to me have no merit.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TWO_FASE View Post
    3. Using the redeemer missle to take out either prime node or core.
    What's wrong with doing that? If I can protect the Core from being attacked by Redeeming the Prime Node then isn't that good team play....?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Don't y'all realize that the more you post in this thread, the less unwritten rules of Warfare/vCTF there will be

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Chaosnight View Post
    IDK if its a glitch or not, but im the only one who uses it as far as i know, im VCTF-Sandstorm, in the big hallway, there are the pillars with small platforms uptop, and i figure out how to get on top of them and snipe from there, usually, i just snipe facing my own teams base for defense, or inside it, rarely you'll se me on the enemies side, because, 1. Its dangerous, and 2. Ill probably be covering a flag carrier, just wondering if i should continue using this spot, do you think its fair or not?
    Everything except using glitches, cheats, or bots is 100% fair. Using glitches is cheating and server admin should kick or ban the player. Feel free to use any weapon in any way and anywhere you want.

The #1 rule is there are no rules.

The #2 rule is that there is only 1 rule, see rule #1.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X