Unwritten Rules Of VCTF AND WARFARE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrGaMeOvEr View Post
    you guys actually think that people are going to go by these rules?
    nah I doubt it, but if they are serious about getting better and learning the game then its in their best interests.

When I first started playing about 3 months after the release date I did full on noob stuff, now I reckon I adhere to most the rules or opinions stated in this thread and i'm not doing too bad.

Its only from learning from better players that you become a better player, if anyone asks me for help I'm always willing to offer support. I've shown a few newbies my flag routes on certain maps with a few starter hiding places.

The better players coming through the more intense and enjoyable the games thats something I think we can all agree on.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiyoka View Post
      I'm a she!

And no you're wrong. I ment when I'm grappled onto the manta or viper they don't know I'm there and jump like crazy.
      Ohh...Yeah....

I've been on the receiving end of that a few times. I only grapple on now if I'm desperate.

Comment

My (formerly) Unwritten Rules of VCTF and Warfare:

1. Don't cheat or exploit map glitches (primarily bugs and external portions of the map).
        2. Help your team at all times.
        3. Don't be a jerk.

All other rules are stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by danjel8 View Post
          Simple to tell whether someone is linked on, look under your aiming sight and there is a small triangle that comes on below. When this is there someone is linked on.
          Apparently NOT when using "simple crosshairs".
          Hopefully this will be fixed in next patch?

Comment

Blatant spawn killing.

Its not wrong, but it is definately cheap - nobody is going to have any respect for you as a player.

If anything, dont do it for the sake of your own reputation.

Comment

good to know everyones opinion. just hope it kinda helps out everyone in the gameplay as far as whats considered a cheap tactic.

Comment

Originally posted by TWO_FASE View Post
                Forgot one

5. Sandstorm mapping error, going the redeemer route if you are on the blue team. can be done on other side but much easier with rocks. Flipside to that arguement is getting the darkwalker over to blue as well.

This route is the worst way possible via the redeemer. Takes two jumps, and is vunerable.

On BOTH sides, go up the closest building, and jump, walldodge, and boot jump to the redeemer. This will accomplish the same result as along the rock but uses only one boot, and you are sheltered by hte building most of the time.

Seems like it is uneven at first, but learn the map a little more and you see it makes no difference.

Comment

i dont think sniping is against rules in vctf.....if ur a good sniper.....use ur abilities for the good of your team.....if ur krap u can work on it haha....

Comment

Originally posted by sneh View Post
                    Blatant spawn killing.

Its not wrong, but it is definately cheap - nobody is going to have any respect for you as a player.

If anything, dont do it for the sake of your own reputation.

LOL, spawnkilling requires more skill than almost everything else.
                    Never did in UT3 because I don't play online, but back then in UT2004 people complaing were just noobs not able to use their AR/Shieldgun.

Comment

Yes, but there is no Shieldgun in UT3 (which is gay), it would have done away with at least 75% of spawn kills.

I don't see how much skill it can possibly take to do donuts in a spawn room on Suspense with a Manta, or to blow people up with a Scorpion as they spawn in the other spawn building in Suspense, or when people WASTE all the Spider Mines in the Nightshade on the spawn areas (retarded in Necropolis sometimes) when you should be placing those at defense points that will help the flag runners and NOT your personal score (which no one else gives a **** about, you just look like a noob or a greedy non-teamplaying *** that won't make many friends in the community).

All I say is play fair and have fun. And help the n00bs become better players instead of yelling at them all the time.

If you're gettin ticked off over a game, go cool off and come back later, it IS just a game. It's childish and lame, so don't b*tch in text throughout the game, you're wasting your time because people (like me) will just stop paying attention to you. Sry, but I grow weary of speccing the games where someone spends 50% of their time texting: "U are cheating" "...that was so cheap loser" "Ur such a f***in n00b" "I would so rock u in 1v1" "...F***in n00b learn how to play..." (maybe teach them how, especially when they are on your team)... DO SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE INSTEAD OF B****ING ALL THE TIME.

Anyways, I agree with most of the "rules" posted.

Comment

Lol ShadeMistress your post reminds me of how there were people who did nothing but call me a range of expletives for at least 3 straight games because I was piston camping on ctf-face (UT99).

Comment

VCTF: Learn to use the Tank as an offensive vehicle, i see to many tanks camping the flag thru the whole bloody game, the easiest way to win againt a camping tank is by using some team coordination and attacking the your own tank. This is one of many reasons i dont play v-ctf anymore, v-ctf is just tdm on wheels..

Comment

Originally posted by UnskilledPRO View Post
                            VCTF: Learn to use the Tank as an offensive vehicle, i see to many tanks camping the flag thru the whole bloody game, the easiest way to win againt a camping tank is by using some team coordination and attacking the your own tank. This is one of many reasons i dont play v-ctf anymore, v-ctf is just tdm on wheels..

yes and no. some teams do just go around killing people when there is strategy involved but for the most part everyone has there own role on the team they play.

Comment

DO NOT use the Nightshade deployable bug. I just saw someone today place a shield on the Nemesis. -_-

Comment

^Aww...thats actually a good idea i guess

about spwan killing

you have to do it sometimes aye? :P

like in kargo or suspense with the hellbelnder

Comment

Working...
                                X