Unwritten Rules Of VCTF AND WARFARE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unwritten Rules Of VCTF AND WARFARE

i was talking to a couple of people yesterday about whats acceptable and not acceptable about the two matches and decided to get some ideas about the topic. i've played in both matches and never really encoutered any "dirty" manuevers or anything like that but i'm sure others have in regular play or clan matches. and in order to make the game fun i'm sure there are some things players feel should be proper "etiquette".

1. No Camping (this one is wide open as far as what is considered camping whether its staying by the flag with a tank blowing up flag carrier, pancaking with a manta 5 steps away from flag or waiting by core the whole game until u get the go ahead to do some damage to it)

2. Hiding in glitched areas in VCTF w/flag (personally this ones questionable, i see it either way)

3. Using the shape charge or redeemer missle to take out either prime node or core. (i think its okay as long as u have the go ahead to take out the core after nodes have been linked)

4. Snipers in VCTF thinking its a "Deathmatch" (by all means protect the flag but after a killing spree at least change locations or try and get the flag)

These are a few off the top of my head. again just a matter of OPINION. just wanna get to see what people think of different tactics that are questionable.

People that use map glitches in anyway usually get removed after a warning or two. It's a Glitch, DON'T use it :]

Campers? Pah just kill them.

Shaped and Deemer are tactical. Get it wrong you wasted it.

Sniping ftw, if they're doing nothing useful, kill them?

OPINIONS, except 1.

Comment

Does the area behind the core on Downtown count as a 'glitched area'? I don't think it is because it's quite easy (in terms of performing the actual manoeuvre to get to that spot) for players from either team to get there.

Comment

Yes its a glitch. Don't try to argue that one with me ¬_¬

Comment

It only requires one hammer jump. I don't really mind if its use is debarred, I just don't see what the big deal about it is.

Comment

I'm not gonna touch the warfare portion as I don't play those games that often.

What is camping? Should a team not defend its self. Should they spawn, grab some weapons/ammo, and leave the base so that you can run rampant and do as you please.
            There are obstacles in any match and it is up to the team to overcome them. (this is why we fought so hard to get headset support for the first patch) Communication IS the key to winning. You have to be offensive, defensive, do allot of head to head combat, and sometimes just be down right lucky.
            Snipers? Give someone a weapon and they will use it. Its all fair game. Do I tire sometimes of re-spawning from head-shots. Sure. Again, it comes back around to communication. Let your team know where the sniper is. If someone gets close enough they can take that person out. At the very least, if one of your team mates is going after the flag, information like that could be essential to them making it back to your base to score the flag.

The only thing I despise are spawn killers. Its one thing to take someone out if your passing thru their spawn area in order to achieve your objective, but to purposely and intently spend minuets on end, or go out of your way to reach a spawn point that has no tactical advantage (like the spawn area in suspense near the tank) is just despicable. They are Cheap kills and should never be tolerated. I might go in there to re-up my health status, or grab some ammo, but thats it. (well...unless I'm searching for my flag...but that only takes a sec or two)

Comment

I've been waiting for a VCTF guide for ages.

Players should always decide whether they are defending or attacking or supporting between the two.

NEVER take the raptor or fury and dump it in the enemies base, typical noob will respawn take the fury, fly to the flag, take the flag with 100 health and get on the hoverboard straight away. This means the other team controls the sky and will most likely win the match.

Learn how to read the map, when playing with people who don't have mics it is essential that you learn where the flag carrier is going either to pick them up with a vehicle or to give them protection and potentially carry the flag back if they get killed.

Don't steal vehicles, if someone is waiting for jump boots in a viper then don't steal the viper when they get out. Its pointless because its likely that you have no jump boots and that you have 100 health.

Always hunt down the flag carrier, the quicker the better. So many noobs just think its right to stand waiting for vehicles when the enemy has the flag. Wrong better to apply pressure, take the enemies flag if nothing else to buy some time.

On sandstorm, please don't put the spider mines where they respawn!!! Either use it for defensive or attacking purposes.

Learn how to use items correctly, jump boots are in most peoples eyes wasted on sandstorm if you take them and jump up to the flak cannon with them.

Comment

downtown behind core - glitch. it's annoying as hell. you should probably pool this one ;-), I'd like to know how many people think it's ok to use it.
                tank "spamming" - tactical. what else are you gonna do with a tank if not shooting most populated areas? waiting for a scorpion selfdestruct? it's very easy to kill a tank. it's all about tactics, proper deploying of vehicles, you get the point...
                shaped charge, redeemer - all tactics, whatever way U use them. it's the BEST to use them for cores and nodes. both teams have access to it.

Comment

Originally posted by BroKen~DisK View Post

The only thing I despise are spawn killers. Its one thing to take someone out if your passing thru their spawn area in order to achieve your objective, but to purposely and intently spend minuets on end, or go out of your way to reach a spawn point that has no tactical advantage (like the spawn area in suspense near the tank) is just despicable. They are Cheap kills and should never be tolerated. I might go in there to re-up my health status, or grab some ammo, but thats it. (well...unless I'm searching for my flag...but that only takes a sec or two)
                  If the VCT-Suspense mapper did not want you to go in there with a manta, they would have made the entry smaller. This attack disrupts and slows the enemy players while your team takes the flag and gets away with it.

Just like in WAR-Torlan, the tank or the spma can attack the main base spawn relentlessly. This permits taking the prime node faster, or at all sometimes, and opens the core to attack. It's a usefull and successfull tactic.

Comment

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
                    If the VCT-Suspense mapper did not want you to go in there with a manta, they would have made the entry smaller. This attack disrupts and slows the enemy players while your team takes the flag and gets away with it.
                    I can see that this must be a favorite tactic of yours 'cause I never mentioned Manta in my post. I was referring to players walking in.

Comment

Originally posted by BroKen~DisK View Post
                      I can see that this must be a favorite tactic of yours 'cause I never mentioned Manta in my post. I was referring to players walking in.
                      I do not play VCTF since the demo. I remember it being a favorite of a very many players back then. I learned about it first by becoming dead from it. You can get pay back by killing the manta with the tank while it's still inside spawn killing.

Comment

I think spawn raping is a bit of a scummy tactic. Someone did it the other day with a hellbender and if I was hosting he would have been out of the game, he was on my team and I just think its poor gamesmanship.

Comment

Originally posted by barondro View Post
                          downtown behind core - glitch. it's annoying as hell. you should probably pool this one ;-), I'd like to know how many people think it's ok to use it.
                          There are several maps I have seen players behind the core besides WAR-Downtown.
                          In WAR-Sinkhole and WAR-Serenity you can use shock primary fire to kill them. That does not seem to work in WAR-Downtown as the core blocks your fire. I guess someone has to go back there to get them. If this is a glitch, we should place this on the patch 1.4 wish list?

Comment

Forgot one

5. Sandstorm mapping error, going the redeemer route if you are on the blue team. can be done on other side but much easier with rocks. Flipside to that arguement is getting the darkwalker over to blue as well.

Comment

Yeah if your gonna take the redeemer route learn how to do it properly, I assure you it can be done without the glitches.

Comment

Working...
                              X