Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For any competitive ps3 players out there.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For any competitive ps3 players out there.......

For those of you who are really competitive and have found duel to be boring recently, I have a solution. It requires the dl of quite a few mods and the use of a few mutators, but it's worth it because you will soon be able to see what the pc players do, real 1on1, hardcore no bs gaming. First off, you are going to need these maps (just google them, they are mostly on filefront tho):
    penetrated, fisted(who the hell names these lol), cpm1a(pro map from the quake 3 pro mod), judith, singularity(this one can be found on ut3mod.com),metal hell(also on ut3mod.com).
    You will need the pcspeedx mutator available at ut3mod.com as well. Some ground rules:
    on the epic default maps, do not use redeemer or damage amp or invisibility or beserk etc. Do use the thigh pads, helmet, body armor, shield belt, health vials. It is ok to use the jump boots. Do not use the keg of health. No freezeray, ripper, other custom weapons.
    Trust me guys, this will make things a lot better/competitive. Do not be afraid to use the pcspeed.

If anyone wants to try this out post a reply, and we can all add each other. This is a lot more balanced than just playing epics maps, and it makes things more fun. I hope we will see some servers starting to run these maps and rules. Simply put in the message of the day or server title "UTPM" (UT PRO MODE) to let other users know what kind of server it is. Please try this out!

Comment

That seems like a lot of work.

Comment

Seems like you're putting the PC rulesets into PS3 gameplay.

seems like it'll be easier to just switch to PC.

Comment

that would be cool, if ps3 players were willing to.

Comment

Too much work for the average player

Comment

"For any competitive ps3 players out there......."

where does it say average player

Comment

Originally posted by R-66Y View Post
                For those of you who are really competitive and have found duel to be boring recently, I have a solution. It requires the dl of quite a few mods and the use of a few mutators, but it's worth it because you will soon be able to see what the pc players do, real 1on1, hardcore no bs gaming. First off, you are going to need these maps (just google them, they are mostly on filefront tho):
                penetrated, fisted(who the hell names these lol), cpm1a(pro map from the quake 3 pro mod), judith, singularity(this one can be found on ut3mod.com),metal hell(also on ut3mod.com).
                You will need the pcspeedx mutator available at ut3mod.com as well. Some ground rules:
                on the epic default maps, do not use redeemer or damage amp or invisibility or beserk etc. Do use the thigh pads, helmet, body armor, shield belt, health vials. It is ok to use the jump boots. Do not use the keg of health. No freezeray, ripper, other custom weapons.
                Trust me guys, this will make things a lot better/competitive. Do not be afraid to use the pcspeed.
                I'm okay with everything but the bolded. Having control of the items on a map is what good duelers try to do.

Comment

you use the keg? ok, guess I'll let that slide.

Comment

The only rule I generally follow in duels is not using the redeemer, I'm perfectly fine with a ll other pickups. Though if I play someone and they seem to make a point of not getting the Udamage/Berserk then I'll stay away from it to keep it fair.

Comment

No maps that are played for 1v1 even have a keg afaik.

Comment

Working...
                      X