Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good quality/populated SERVERS near you!!! PC/PS3(Recommendations)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good quality/populated SERVERS near you!!! PC/PS3(Recommendations)

I just wanted to start a thread to promote the better servers(players/quality). These are all PC servers. Here are some of my picks:

1. Relentless Terror 80 tick DM/TDM 10 slots(TDM will be back up soon) Chicago Server Midnight gaming
    2. Taffy's 80 tick TDM 10 slots Texas Server Midnight gaming
    3. Confused gaming 80 tick DM 16 slots Chicago Server Midnight gaming
    4. UMG DM/TDM both 16 slot Not the best quality, but alot of players play there. Chicago Server

If you know of more, post them here. Please include Type of server, # of slots, tickrate, and location if possible. Hopefully this will help people find higher quality servers, that are populated easily.

The best of the best server ever was the Unreal/UT server I ran (for free and with permission) from the NOC (network operations center) at the ISP I used to work for...and who provided me with free internet access because I was an employee. It was direcly connected to the ISP's T3 (45Mb/s up and down) connection to UUNet. It was also less than 5 miles from my house. On 1.5mb DSL, my ping was usually in the teens, it was 4 hops from me (including my router), and it never lagged. I was also allowed to use and claim it as our clan server, so the players on it (my clanmates) were always of the highest quality (of course). Last, but not least, I had full control over both the box and the games. The only thing wrong with it were the "LPB" comments I had to endure from the clan.

I hope you get the point. I will never again play on a server as good as that one was. "Best of the best" doesn't mean much in the broader sense. There are too many variables.

Comment

Did they fire you?

Comment

If you are asking why I would give all of that up, no, I moved.

Comment

Originally posted by {DvT}JonahHex View Post
          The best of the best server ever was the Unreal/UT server I ran (for free and with permission) from the NOC (network operations center) at the ISP I used to work for...and who provided me with free internet access because I was an employee. It was direcly connected to the ISP's T3 (45Mb/s up and down) connection to UUNet. It was also less than 5 miles from my house. On 1.5mb DSL, my ping was usually in the teens, it was 4 hops from me (including my router), and it never lagged. I was also allowed to use and claim it as our clan server, so the players on it (my clanmates) were always of the highest quality (of course). Last, but not least, I had full control over both the box and the games. The only thing wrong with it were the "LPB" comments I had to endure from the clan.

I hope you get the point. I will never again play on a server as good as that one was. "Best of the best" doesn't mean much in the broader sense. There are too many variables.

I guess you missed the whole point of this thread. Its for existing servers. Not what used to be. No offense.

Comment

PS3- ZodiacKillers server always seems pretty lag free

Comment

FragItServers.com 1v1

Comment

Originally posted by sincreator View Post
                I guess you missed the whole point of this thread. Its for existing servers. Not what used to be. No offense.
                I guess you missed my point: what was great for me on the US west coast wasn't all that remarkable for our clanmate in Great Britain. IOW, best of the best when talking about gaming servers is an extremely nebulous concept.

Comment

Now that's what Im talking about. Different game modes and servers. Awesome! I like TDM/DM mostly, but its good to know other great servers for other gametypes as well. Just in case I need a change eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by {DvT}JonahHex View Post
                    I guess you missed my point: what was great for me on the US west coast wasn't all that remarkable for our clanmate in Great Britain. IOW, best of the best when talking about gaming servers is an extremely nebulous concept.
                    I know what you are saying, thats why location should be included in the recommendations.(Part of the OP) Obviously someone 5000 miles away would have a bad connection. Ill change the name of the thread, its not that big of a deal.

Comment

I wasn't trying to start a fight with you or hijack your thread, sincreator, I just thought the point was worth making. Maybe, just maybe, making the point will slow down, if not prevent, inexperienced posts like "I just went to such and such server that was recommended by so and so and it sucked."

Having said that, our (PC) clan server, Green Glow of Deviance, hosted in Los Angeles, CA, has provided very good service to our members ranging from myself in Reno, NV, to others in Seattle, WA, in Houston, TX, in Honolulu, HI. It is usually TDM or WAR. It does have quite a few custom maps (link for downloading them shows in the name in the Browser) and 4 custom skins.

Comment

I like all of the TwitchHosting servers, they are all great

Comment

Working...
                        X