impact hammer sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

impact hammer sound

sound of the impact hammer is too loud/distracting/annoying, someone can use it from the other side of the map, and it's as loud as shock combos going off in the vicinity.

Also, one of the main reasons why I hate biohazard, other than being biohazard, is the fact that when half the players in the server are all constantly using the hammer, the sound of the charging up of the hammer is all you hear. I don't remember the UT99 hammer being this annoying.

Is there any way to turn down the sound of the hammer through the ini?

Omfg Omfg Omfg

Comment

omfg indeed. also, all caps is disabled, so you fail.

Comment

it is pretty loud. the grinding volume of the shield gun in 2k4 was a little better.

Comment

Originally posted by xtruder_ View Post
          sound of the impact hammer is too loud/distracting/annoying, someone can use it from the other side of the map, and it's as loud as shock combos going off in the vicinity.

Also, one of the main reasons why I hate biohazard, other than being biohazard, is the fact that when half the players in the server are all constantly using the hammer, the sound of the charging up of the hammer is all you hear. I don't remember the UT99 hammer being this annoying.

Is there any way to turn down the sound of the hammer through the ini?
          I hear it even when no one uses it

Comment

Originally posted by xtruder_ View Post
            omfg indeed. also, all caps is disabled, so you fail.
            Haha oke you got me

Comment

k back on topic, anyone know of ini variables that control the volume of the hammer?

Comment

The biggest problem is in duel - u can hardly sneak up on someone and hit em up close - stealth is a big plus for melee weapons in other games but not this one ;(

Comment

its so that u know when sum1 is using it lol and u can be alerted to their presence, like one hanging round a corner and just jumping out with it......be annoying lol if u didnt have a warning signal.....

Comment

Originally posted by Madmanxan View Post
                    its so that u know when sum1 is using it lol and u can be alerted to their presence, like one hanging round a corner and just jumping out with it......be annoying lol if u didnt have a warning signal.....
                    lol no it's not lol it's too loud lol read the post before lol yours lol lol plz lol

Comment

omg lol plz lol hehe lol lolol lolololool

I'm tryin to say u're at a disadvantage as is using a melee weapon against a Flak Cannon or a Rocket Launcher and if u tryin to hammer someone other than in a crowded situation you pretty much lose every time - the guy hears u comin from a mile away and has time to prepare.

Granted some ppl freak out and dunno wtf to do but its usually in crowded situations again.

Maybe I just like it too much, my melee whorin goes back to usin a chainsaw in Doom deathmatch

Comment

Working...
                      X