get rid of map vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Piglet View Post
    Then they probably want to keep playing it. I like biohazard a lot!
    You must also be a smoker, Because this map is so terrible it is bad for your health, at least your mental health. This map will forever make you suck at this game. Only noobs pick it, and no wonder none of them are improving either..not to mention anyone who has a little bit of skills at this game leaves the server when this map is picked.

Comment

Actually...i find Bio to offer a better "up close" chance to learn the moves that keep your crosshair centred on the enemy. It also allows people to see what the better players are doing to stay alive as far as manouvres are concerned.
      There isnt much hope of doing that on the bigger maps as the 'top players" single shot kill you too fast ( and far away ) to learn.
      Yes...bio is a spam fest with 12 people on it. BUT it also allows an average player to see up close the movement styles used. nOObs pick it because they have a chance to actually be within shooting range of the "top" players. It gives them a chance to actually adapt to bigger maps better with decent strafe and shooting skills.
      In my opinion...learning the moves, and learning a solid mouse sensitivity setting are ALWAYS easier on a small map.

It may not be great for learning much strategy, but its amazing for learning manouvres.

JUST PLEASE..don't vote for this map 3 times in a row....unless you are trying to get rid of JJZ. Hmmmmm

Comment

Biohazard doesn't let "newbs" see anything. They are oblivious and are just shooting people not noticing what they do. Anyone who has the capacity to learn from their mistakes and graduate from "newb" to a decent player will be able to do so regardless of the map. In fact, they would have an easier time doing so on a map that requires some control and skill rather than spam. They would be able to see the strategies employed by other players as well as their movement tricks, where as in biohazard, they will only get to see some folks moving well.

Basically, biohazard is a horrible map and there's a reason EVERY decent player agrees on this. That is not a coincidence.

Comment

no NOT EVERY decent player...and YES they do learn more than moves on Biohazzard. IM VERY decent in lowgrav InstaGib ( and anything at LANS ) and I still get a kick out of that spam map ( it's like rock n roll while bigger maps are more like chess...look at it that way)
          If you want to say that it's ridiculous with 16 people on it...I'd agree. But to actually say that it doesnt teach tactics...that ALL GOOD PLAYERS dont like it sounds like a thinly veiled attempt to get rid of the map for your own reasons.

I think I'll vote for it more now....

Thats what votes are about....to allow all players a choice . I think a map repeat block would suffice to avoid multiple repeats of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle+= View Post
            lowgrav InstaGib.............GOOD PLAYERS
            Those 2 should NEVER be in the same sentence. i'm sorry, but I doubt you're a decent player if you play lowgrav instagib. and most veterans can tell you straight up why lowgrav instagib is essentially skill less.

Comment

biohazard is spam. good luck trying to improve your game playing biohazard (especially in a server where everyone else likes biohazard)

Comment

1 v1 any time any weapon and tell me that ( in ut2004 that is ... ut3 runs like a 3 legged dog for me still....) It was and IS historically the weapon of choice for a reason. For the top players in the world I might add. It became it's own gametype for a reason....it truly tests your aim and manouevres. If you think peeps just float around in the air...you're mistaken. It's higher speed than you are used to . When you switch to regular weapons...you are spamming shots half the time. Different skillsets....that's all. Don't be a hater ... there is room for different talents

most veterans can tell you straight up why lowgrav instagib is essentially skill less.
                Depends on what skills you value ... just get bored easily with "chase people thru obstcles and spam shots type games"...though I am digging the movement of reg grav in ut3 between stutters and lag spikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Piglet View Post
                  Then they probably want to keep playing it. I like biohazard a lot!
                  It is starting to get a little boring but its okay.

Comment

[SD]Jungle
                    Esteem, xtruder_, myself, janes addiction, any of us would completely annihilate you in a 1v1. I guarantee it. I'll 1v1 you any time bud, but you know the result from playing with me.

Comment

I appriciate servers with no voting but unfortunately they are pretty rare. Maps I think are voted way too often and that I personally don't like playing all over again are Biohazard, Deck, Suspense and somewhat Downtown and Floodgate. I'm boycotting Suspense almost due to mainly noobs voting for it as they're more happy to camp with vehicles and feel like they're actually useful as opposed to other maps where they might not be able to do as well.

I prefer playing the map I've played the least.

Comment

Don boycott a map just because of noobs, set up games and lock down the server so that only good players are involved.

I agree about bio hazard its nearly as bad as morbias, that said I do like them because for me death match is light relief and spamming rockets is something I like doing after concentrating for however long in VCTF.

More people should play containment, corruption and necropolis in my opinion. I enjoy Kargo too because the noobs really get shown up here but I can understand why alot of people don't like playing it.

Comment

Originally posted by jjz View Post
                          [SD]Jungle
                          Esteem, xtruder_, myself, janes addiction, any of us would completely annihilate you in a 1v1. I guarantee it. I'll 1v1 you any time bud, but you know the result from playing with me.
                          I think yur missing the point...which was about different skillsets....and all gametypes are valid on their own merits. I probably would get destroyed I'm still waiting to see a tightly running game either online or off and I have been addicted to lowgrav for a few years....When I can get my character to jump double my current speed like you and when I can find a mouse that doesn't go limp and out of sync near you I'd love to take you up on that generous offer . I always learn new things every game

To get the post back on topic...the vote system just requires a map block to disallow repeating a map for a preselected amount of maps.

Comment

Working...
                          X