UT3 Assault Racing Style Maps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Assault Racing Style Maps?

Hi all, I just bought UT3 since my exams are now over. I was a big fan of UT2k4, and I remember there were these awesome servers that ran Assault Racing maps which would generally involve vehicles (with any shooting function disabled) and racing to hit checkpoints and such. Also, mario style maps/command & conquer maps. I think these are really too fun to not port over to UT3!

I'm also disappointed by the lack of servers and people playing! What's going on? There were sooo many servers on 2k4!

Thanks

Originally posted by Mr.Panda View Post
    awesome servers that ran Assault Racing maps
    No, just no.

Comment

Noooo, that what ruined 2k4 assault. Race and trial maps are the reason the assault gametype is dead to me.

Comment

well, he likes it. and it doesn't mean you have to like it either. he just wants to know if there's any servers for the gametype, and the answer is no.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadKillGrill View Post
          Noooo, that what ruined 2k4 assault. Race and trial maps are the reason the assault gametype is dead to me.
          EXACTLY THE OPOSITE.
          The reason ut3 doesn't have any online players is the lack of assault and racing assault gametypes

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with the theory behind Assault Racing - there's a distinct Wacky Races-esque charm to one team trying to hinder the other team's mad dash for the finish line. But theories are awfully dubious things that tend to implode horribly in practice. I haven't seen a single assault race in 2K4 that wasn't just this side of donkey ****, and no amount of Unreal Engine 3-powered bloom can hide that.

Comment

I've played a race map called WAR-Race or something similar

Comment

Ok thanks guys.

I don't see anything wrong with the theory behind Assault Racing - there's a distinct Wacky Races-esque charm to one team trying to hinder the other team's mad dash for the finish line. But theories are awfully dubious things that tend to implode horribly in practice. I haven't seen a single assault race in 2K4 that wasn't just this side of donkey ****, and no amount of Unreal Engine 3-powered bloom can hide that.
                Man, you should have seen the C&C based maps, they were insanely popular. As were the Mario maps, Office, Trials etc. The most popular server (Nachos & Beer) was almost always full back in the day!

Hopefully this will be reborn later on!

Comment

Originally posted by RoadKillGrill View Post
                  Indeed. The problem was that after a while, it became impossible to find an Assault server that didn't have at least one race map in rotation, and it would be voted in continuously, driving away all the normal Assault players. If race maps had been given their own gametype then it would have been ok, but as it was, they killed Assault.

Comment

These days, you never see Assault players online, but plenty of Onslaught / CTF (iCTF especially)...

Comment

Sometimes wen we're bored we race on vctf and war maps...

like suspense, corruption, torlan (awesome off road rally style)

fun at times

Comment

Working...
                      X