Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using same bots for a game

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Using same bots for a game

    There probably a real obvious solution I over looked, but can some one tell me how to use the same bot more than once in a game? Eg. I want to use Malcolm for all my bot slots in a game.

    Thanks

    #2
    Malcolm? In UT3? Or UT2k4?

    Comment


      #3
      UT3

      sorry should have mentioned

      Comment


        #4
        As of right now Malcolm isn't playable or as a bot.

        When you get to the screen that allows you choose the # of bots, difficulty, etc. At the bottom there is an option called 'Bots', click it and choose the bots you want. Unfortunately you can't choose the same bot twice.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by AcidVenom View Post
          As of right now Malcolm isn't playable or as a bot.

          When you get to the screen that allows you choose the # of bots, difficulty, etc. At the bottom there is an option called 'Bots', click it and choose the bots you want. Unfortunately you can't choose the same bot twice.
          Hmm ****, thank for this info.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by DarkZeal View Post
            There probably a real obvious solution I over looked, but can some one tell me how to use the same bot more than once in a game? Eg. I want to use Malcolm for all my bot slots in a game.

            Thanks
            Don't know about Malcolm, but I did find this way of playing against several copies of a single bot (in an offline deathmatch anyway).

            On the deathmatch setup screen, hit the button at the bottom where it says bots. Put the bot you want over in the active box. Add a few others if you want. Exit, start the match just for luck, then hit esc and exit the game.

            Now locate and open your UTGame.ini file (probably in your Documents and Settings folder).

            Open it up, and do a search for "ActiveBots=" (without the quotes obviously)

            You should see an "ActiveBots=" line for each bot you put in the active box earlier.

            Erase them all except the line for the bot you want.

            Not copy and paste the line for bot you want, so that you have multiple copies of that line. Make as many copies of the line as you want to have copies of this bot in your match.

            Save the file.

            Start UT3, set the bot skill if you want, but don't mess with number of bots or the bot selection menu. Just start the match.

            You should now have a match full of several identical bots.

            Anyway, it worked when I tried it a minute ago.

            Hope that's something like what you're trying to do.

            Dunno if Malcolm's in there though

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by dickbird View Post
              Don't know about Malcolm, but I did find this way of playing against several copies of a single bot (in an offline deathmatch anyway).

              On the deathmatch setup screen, hit the button at the bottom where it says bots. Put the bot you want over in the active box. Add a few others if you want. Exit, start the match just for luck, then hit esc and exit the game.

              Now locate and open your UTGame.ini file (probably in your Documents and Settings folder).

              Open it up, and do a search for "ActiveBots=" (without the quotes obviously)

              You should see an "ActiveBots=" line for each bot you put in the active box earlier.

              Erase them all except the line for the bot you want.

              Not copy and paste the line for bot you want, so that you have multiple copies of that line. Make as many copies of the line as you want to have copies of this bot in your match.

              Save the file.

              Start UT3, set the bot skill if you want, but don't mess with number of bots or the bot selection menu. Just start the match.

              You should now have a match full of several identical bots.

              Anyway, it worked when I tried it a minute ago.

              Hope that's something like what you're trying to do.

              Dunno if Malcolm's in there though
              Thanks, this might be what I'm looking for. Tho I think you'll have the same bots on both teams. I wish Epic would make an option allow duplicate of bots in the game, it was such in a simple thing in UT2004.

              Comment

              Working...
              X