Deleting stock Maps and Skins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleting stock Maps and Skins

Is there any way to remove the stock maps and skins that I hate? I have a ton of custom maps and skins now and 90% of the stock ones are just wasting space and cluttering my lists.

Also, if its possible, will it ruin any parts of the game or cause issues with future patches?

I'd like to know this, too.

Comment

i wouldnt do it cause if someone votes for a stock map either your going to download it again if its on redirect or download will fail cause its not on redirect

Comment

If you play instant action only, then it's ok to do this.

Comment

I created a thread asking about just this a few months ago, and this answer is pretty simple - at least for the map list it is, I'm not sure about the skins.

Just open up the UTGame config file in the "My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config" directory.
          Search through it until you find the reference to the maps you don't like, and then delete them. This will remove them from the in game map list. However this should only be done if you play instant action, because I'm sure you'll encounter some problems if you go online.

Comment

Originally posted by unrealloco View Post
            i wouldnt do it cause if someone votes for a stock map either your going to download it again if its on redirect or download will fail cause its not on redirect
            If you hate the map enough to remove it, maybe you hate the map enough to leave when you start downloading it.

Still think its a bad idea though, if I did that in any UT I would end up with less than 10 maps in the end.

Comment

Lol you pretty much said you hate most of the stock maps.

Comment

Working...
              X