Personal Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal Improvements

Right lets admit it no one is perfect (no not even you Luke I feel as though I need to get better at certain things in order to improve my game and as there are people with far more experience than me I would like to ask for your help.

Basically I need some practise with my aiming, I'm predominantly a flag runner or orb runner and I can dodge a fair bit and move quickly where required but I feel as though when it comes to 1v1 I suck.

So is anyone willing to give me some duels on the ps3 and train me up.

If anyone has any tips that they think could help me then I'm more than happy to listen to your comments whether its PC, PS3 or 360.

If anyone else thinks they need any help with certain things then list them in here, I can help out people with flag routes and hiding places on most vctf maps.

lol. i think you're referring to the match we were in earlier today. yeah i'd have to agree i need some improvements myself. match was still fun though

Comment

You have a PC don't you?

You're much more likely to find someone to help you out if you try the PC route.

First step would be to hit up irc on gameradius in #ut3tdm and see if anyone is available. You could also ask for 1v1's there, which you should be able to find someone no problem.

Comment

Yeah man there are 3 players I hardly ever kill 1v1 in vctf, Xerxes, Jorgelius and Do Or Die420.

We should really have destroyed him in that match but we needed to attack together a bit more, guess thats another thing I need to work on. Team strategy!

Comment

Originally posted by xi0s View Post
          You have a PC don't you?

You're much more likely to find someone to help you out if you try the PC route.

First step would be to hit up irc on gameradius in #ut3tdm and see if anyone is available. You could also ask for 1v1's there, which you should be able to find someone no problem.
          Yeah I do have a PC but don't have the game for it. I just want to try and get an insight into certain players. I've noted how some excellent players function 1v1 so i'm trying to use their strategies and they do work. I'm just rubbish at aiming! Maybe I need to alter my pad sensitivity

Comment

Sup foo! I'd be down to duel even tho i rarely due them jus fo tha fact i like too help otha ppl out. My aim isnt the greatest and i just recently have been screwing with the sensitivity and that. Had the game since the day it came out and only a week or so ago i realized u could adjust it haha. So if ya down jus get at me.

Comment

The best thing to do to get better is practice, play on foot modes (primarily DM and TDM) and stay away from larger games as they tend to get spammy (even if you win those, they hardly help your skill). Playing DM and TDM for a weak or so and going back into a goal oriented mode (CTF, vCTF, Warfare) and you should see a major improvement.

Remember, just keep practicing, if you're already good at dodging you're already halfway there.

Comment

Also instagib matches will help your aim.

Comment

Cheers people, I have been practicing on foot modes so I know first hand thats good advice.

Yeah I think I ought to try out some new sensitivity modes, learning new things all the time except how to actually kill people.....

Instagib is awesome, I love it but i seem to either get a killing spree or get raped lol. I think my problem is that I aim to far left and just hold shoot so I gotta be improving that!

Comment

It helps to shoot ahead to where u think the person you're fightin is goin to land/dodge with non-hitscan weapons.

Comment

Just play alot

Comment

I try to practice my aiming by removing crosshairs from HUD and playing instant action w/bots. Emphasis on the word try b/c it gets boring after about 5 minutes! LOL

Comment

Practicing with bots will just make you worse since:

1. Bots move on paths.
                          2. Bots can't and won't move like a real person will.
                          3. Offline matches don't involve ping. What are you going to do when you need to predict your hitscan and you're so used to 0 lag?
                          4. Bots are terrible.
                          5. Bots are terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDoe641 View Post
                            Practicing with bots will just make you worse since:

1. Bots move on paths.
                            2. Bots can't and won't move like a real person will.
                            3. Offline matches don't involve ping. What are you going to do when you need to predict your hitscan and you're so used to 0 lag?
                            4. Bots are terrible.
                            5. Bots are terrible.

You've gotta start somewhere! Once I can perfect mechanics of gun AND hit bots then it's on to practicing against real people (YES my aim is THAT bad!! LOL)

Comment

Originally posted by SMP_UrLord75 View Post
                              You've gotta start somewhere! Once I can perfect mechanics of gun AND hit bots then it's on to practicing against real people (YES my aim is THAT bad!! LOL)
                              nah your right you do have to start somewhere, I don't believe I was ever cut out to mow people down but there are times when its gotta be done.

If your online soon smp look us up, had some great match ups tonight.

Comment

Working...
                              X