No announcement yet.

UT3 1.3 beta changelist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when will we get the ability to use aliases and piped switch weapons or something equivelent?

Comment

Originally posted by ElDiablo2k3 View Post
      - Save the mutator settings so I don't have to pick them every time I play
      * Fixed mutators disappearing between matches.

- See players in server browser
      * Added player name list to server browser.

- Fix rocket launcher bugs, goes straight through people ramdonly
      I explained this before, this happens when the game gets out of sync with the server and the client thinks it hit but on the server you missed. There's nothing that can really be done about this because the game is always out of sync due to ping.

- Add proper widescreen support, so we don't lose a section of the screen when using a widescreen resolution
      set your FOV to 100 in the advanced video settings, so you have vertically the same viewing angle as 90 on non-widescreen monitors

Comment

I didn't see any mention of a fix for the "Can't Spawn after map switch" bug. This is one of the most annoying things online, and often happens to half of just one team, who once rejoined the score is 2-0 and game is pretty much over.

Comment

So,I see a list for the 1.3 patch... Bad luck for me as epic still doesnt allow me to use my UT2K4 Name: Andy«de»P.R.

EPIC! Why cant you just make it like in UT2K4 where you were able to choose your own Player Name???

Comment

Originally posted by Ronvdl View Post
            I explained this before, this happens when the game gets out of sync with the server and the client thinks it hit but on the server you missed. There's nothing that can really be done about this because the game is always out of sync due to ping.
            That may be the reason, but it's not unfixable. Simply have the server tell you when the rocket explodes rather than the client. Done.

Did you ever notice how this never happens on Quake 3 for example?

Comment

but then the client should wait before it receives the message from the server, what would cause the rocket to go through the player and exploding afterwards, what would look strange on higher ping servers
              it's more of a design choice than a bug

Comment

but then the client should wait before it receives the message from the server, what would cause the rocket to go through the player and exploding afterwards, what would look strange on higher ping servers
                it's more of a design choice than a bug
                Actually, this does happen too, although not nearly as often. I've seen it more with Avrils than rockets though.

Comment

Will Map pack be available in the update? I ask this question because I am a Steam user and map pack didn`t release for Steam. It will be very good if map pack will be in this update.

Comment

IMHO The motion blurr will make that cheap and problematic user mod pointless but eh what can you do right? GJ Epic! Now some more fixes for rendering like Color correction and lose with post prossesing truned off need to be fixed! Also please fix the fact that if it's set to it's highest form there is less color then if it's turned off as well! Other then that good patch! Nice to see AI impovements, and PC will finaly have Motion Blurr! YEAH BABY! I'll trun that on first thing!

Comment

What about Avril bugs?? Will it be corrected?
                      Sometimes Avril inflicts twice as much damage as necessary: I have seen it first hand happening to me in Raptor, Scorpion and Hellbender. No UDamage involved, no turbo of scorpion.
                      Sometimes Avrill does not inflict any damage at all: I have seen it happening mostly on Mantas and Scavengers. Note that both players see the hit, so I doubt it is client-server communication problem.

Comment

Actually it would work perfectly on servers with a high ping so long as it's stable. After all, the initial spawning (and thus the position) of the rocket is delayed by exactly the same time as the signal that causes it to explode and the signals that move the enemy player on your screen. Basically, with the exception of the local player character itself, a client sees approximately the same as the server, only with a set delay (for practical purposes: the ping).
                        The whole rocket dud/antidud thing is caused by the word "approximately" in the last sentence. What happens on the client is nearly but not exactly a delayed version of what happens on the server (because of different framerates, small ping fluctuations, rounding errors when sending floating point numbers...) which makes it unsuitable to base yes/no questions on (like whether a projectile connected or not) even for low latency high bandwidth connections.

Also.
                        Originally posted by SN1Kt View Post
                        ...the female characters screaming like males.
                        ...this. Needs to be fixed. ASAP. This isn't a matter of polish. This is women with male voices. Fix. Fix. Fix.

Comment

I agree about avrils not registering - I've seen direct hits on my manta, and fired and hit with no effect.

Also scrap the code that allows avrils to be directed by others.

Comment

Originally posted by acare84 View Post
                            Will Map pack be available in the update? I ask this question because I am a Steam user and map pack didn`t release for Steam. It will be very good if map pack will be in this update.
                            No. You can just download the bonus map pack and install it. There are several links in this thread to the map pack.

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=608057

Comment

Originally posted by $n[p3r
                              You can now. Hit F10 and type "demorec [demoname]". The demo commands are the same as for UT2004.
                              They're talking about recording on-line games. As it stands right now, only servers can record on-line games.

Comment

Anyone heard if they have made a desicion on cross platform online gaming? they mark rein has not promised it but said that it might happen when the game stabilizes so hope someone has heard if they'll do it!!

Comment

Working...
                                X