No announcement yet.

UT3 1.3 beta changelist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe what Jeff is saying is it was not there with the intention that it would be a functional part of the game, but the basis of the code was there because code from the old engine was ported over. That is why typing demorec worked, but it did not function as one might expect it would. Since they didn't plan to have clientside demorec in, the non functional code (for all intents and purposes) should have been removed.

Now what everyone else is wondering is, why was clientside demo recording not planned in from the beginning? I suspect it could be any number of reasons.

1. We had been asking for a demo engine rewrite, they did not succeed with it and scrapped it.
    2. They did not see it as a priority since they had to cross develop the game for 3 platforms, and perhaps for some technical reasons it would not work well on console platforms.
    3. Time

In any case, their reasons are their reasons, complaining won't change anything, just make it known that the feature is important to you. Jeff and the rest of the dev team have to make their best guesses as to what will be the most fun for the most people, and where to put their efforts based on that.

Comment

The question for me remains why did online client side demos work on patch 2 beta2 and why did it stop working on patch2 beta3?

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
        I believe what Jeff is saying is it was not there with the intention that it would be a functional part of the game, but the basis of the code was there because code from the old engine was ported over. That is why typing demorec worked, but it did not function as one might expect it would.
        Correct, that's accurate.

Originally posted by Jungle+= View Post
        To clarify, "why was it removed" as in not implemented for the first time in ut history ?
        The issue here is simply one of resources. Everything had to be re-implemented in the new engine and new features or old features eat hours equally.

Like any development effort, we had x resources for y months with z feature list. We had to prioritize what to work on and this feature simply didn't make the cut.

I'm not saying it's not important to a portion of our customers, nor that it won't potentially come in a future patch. Ultimately though there were features we felt we more important to implement and spent our resources accordingly.

Originally posted by Taboen View Post
        The question for me remains why did online client side demos work on patch 2 beta2 and why did it stop working on patch2 beta3?
        The difference between beta 2 and beta 3 were minimal code fixes to specific features of the patch, so I'd have to say I'm skeptical that they did work.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
          What I mean is this ... let's say I install the game and I set up the model I want to use. From then on when I go into the game that unless I change it that is the model I should always see when I am playing Instant Action (I should see it when I get killed, on the hoverboard, in vehicles, etc.). But instead what is happening on a constant basis is that almost every other time (nearly 50% if the time) I start the game if I just begin an Instant Action match expecting my player model to be there its not ... instead its the demo model ... the Iron clad masked dude.
          Hi Anuban. We're 0/20 in reproing this in instant action. Please PM me with any additional clues if you've got any. Thanks.

Comment

would have been a matter of a few seconds to deactivate the call to the demorec command in the source code of the console interpreter shell

the broken demorec code would still be in, but nobody would have noticed

Comment

Wartourist, I ask that that you show this mutator to those working on the patch

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=612597

It makes a very simple change to the view angle of the cicada, and transforms the vehichle from a heavy brick, that only the bots bother flying, to a nodekilling menace. It really is that massive.

If any of you don't believe me, try the mutator yourself. It also makes the other unpopular vehichle, the scavenger a lot more fun, but since that's a function of changing the gravity, that fix is not half as straightforward.

Comment

Is there gonna be a fix to stop the server crashing on warfare maps when the core blows up.
                Ok it's intermittent & I don't know if this happens on all servers or just the multiplay/epic ones, but **** annoying when you have a full 32player server going then the server goes down & all people are dispersed & probably some log off because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by rhiridflaidd View Post
                  Wartourist, I ask that that you show this mutator to those working on the patch
                  The v1.3 patch features set is locked. I suggest adding it to a v1.4 request thread.

Comment

I have a problem with the 1.3 beta 3. It keeps asking me for my password (never had this problem with older versions). I do not want to save my pass because of other people playing on my pc.

I uncheck the box - but since patch beta 3 it does not remember this.
                    I have installed mapmixer (also with beta 2 --> no problems there)

Anyone else experience this? Try unchecking the save password box and see if it remembers?

Comment

Well it IS a beta patch ofcourse... actually they shouldn't be out to the public to begin with.

Comment

Installed patch 1.3 beta 4 yesterday, and the crosshair scaling stuff isnt working anymore. Is it just me ?

Comment

nope, works fine with me

Comment

So anyone know if there's some critical bugs in the 1.3 beta4 or does the release of 1.3 look to happen pretty soon?

Comment

Originally posted by HideInLight View Post
                              So anyone know if there's some critical bugs in the 1.3 beta4 or does the release of 1.3 look to happen pretty soon?
                              I'm wondering the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by HideInLight View Post
                                I played around with the patch yesterday, and I didn't notice anything wrong. Motion blur is just right, it's a very subtle effect.

Comment

Working...
                                X