UT3 1.3 beta changelist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronvdl View Post

set your FOV to 100 in the advanced video settings, so you have vertically the same viewing angle as 90 on non-widescreen monitors
    That only increases the horizontal viewing angle. What about the vertical space? For example, I can't see if someone grappled onto my viper because the bottom part gets cut out. Darkwalker also has the bottom part cut out. It's a bit better with the manta but still I would like to see the full vertical picture that the developers intended and others see. I don't think that fix will fix these things.

Comment

I really hope they fix the Online Issue where you can only hear the Grunts and sounds of ur current character coming out of every character

Comment

Originally posted by recoiledsnake View Post
        That only increases the horizontal viewing angle. What about the vertical space? For example, I can't see if someone grappled onto my viper because the bottom part gets cut out. Darkwalker also has the bottom part cut out. It's a bit better with the manta but still I would like to see the full vertical picture that the developers intended and others see. I don't think that fix will fix these things.
        OMG I thought it was normal !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by duk View Post
          what would be fantastic:

change ingame your name, so would be possible to put clan tags and even change your nick for whatever you would like. than when the game ends the name would go back straight to the registred one (if you leave the server).

pretty much trying to get the flexibility of UT99... coz getting stuck with one name just because of a CD key doesn't sound very good specially for all the games you do. some people already got stuck with tags on there names.
          There is already an option to set a tag separate from you profile name in the menu.

The interesting thing is that PlayerAliases are actually in the game and supported by 90% of the code, the main exception being the scoreboards. In the UTGame.ini there is an section that looks as follows:

Code:
          [Alias UTUIDataProvider_MenuOption]
          OptionSet=Network
          DataStoreMarkup=<OnlinePlayerData:ProfileData.Alias>
          OptionType=UTOT_EditBox
          EditboxMaxLength=20
          bRemoveOnPS3=1
          bRemoveOnPC=1
          Just change bRemoveOnPC=0, and then you get a menu option to set an alias.

Comment

Fix Sluggish Vehicle Control!

I'm not very tech savvy so please bear with me. I play UT3 on my PS3 and I find that all of the vehicles' controls are quite sluggish when compared to those found in other PS3 games (Warhawk & Uncharted: Drake's Fortune). Does this fixlist include a fix for any of the vehicles' controls so that the handling will be more responsive and faster?

Comment

any more technical information on what the -mod switch does epic?

Comment

From what they've said, the mod switch defines the directory where UT3 will look for ini files - basically allows you to specify an alternate config directory.

In theory you can then specify/override the location of other directories in the ini files.

Comment

Originally posted by immortius View Post
                  From what they've said, the mod switch defines the directory where UT3 will look for ini files - basically allows you to specify an alternate config directory.

In theory you can then specify/override the location of other directories in the ini files.
                  how does it work...

i put -mod=MyMod and it doesnt appear to do anything at all.

Comment

You put -mod=..\UTGame\MyMod\Config or something similar, which is the path to your mod's config directory. It then creates and uses the ini files in that directory.

Comment

i tried using it as suggested.

can epic please give us a working example of this feature? id like to get this sorted in TO3 this weekend

im using Version 1.3 Beta 1

Comment

ok i think i solved it..
                        thanks!

Comment

I'm currently running the beta patch but I am having a few issues...I hope this post makes its way to Epic somehow:

1. Player names still do not appear in the server browser, even though I have the "player names" selected to appear instead of the "mutators" being used by the server.

2. Sometimes players still do not show up in the score screen when I press F1 during gameplay. Often times, people playing CTF in a server will get the false impression that the teams are uneven because several players are not showing up on the score screen and so the teams look uneven. Please fix this.

3. Demos still do not work for me. They load and load and load and load and load and load until I manually terminate UT 3.

These are some off the top of my head.

Comment

ok now im totally confused as to how the -mod switch is supposed to work.

if you add it "G:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" -useunpublished -log -mod=..\UTGame\Config\TOGame\

it creates UTGame.ini and UTEngine.ini files.

the rest of the content is placed into UTGame\Config (meaning you cant override with your custom content anyway!)

how does this help us make mods????? (im seriously confused spending a few hours looking at this ... )

Comment

pls vehicle zoom + new font's (in menu and game) <-- 6 & 8 very similar

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbypants View Post
                                I'm currently running the beta patch but I am having a few issues...I hope this post makes its way to Epic somehow:

1. Player names still do not appear in the server browser, even though I have the "player names" selected to appear instead of the "mutators" being used by the server.
                                I think the servers themselves will have to be running version 1.3 for this option to work.

Comment

Working...
                                X