This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, who's a pro?

I'm curious about something. I'm not into competitive gaming, so the only pro I know of is Fatal1ty , but obviously there are more. Why don't I see people like Fatal1ty ranked on the boards? Do pros use different names, do they not care about where they rank, or do they just play tournaments so that they don't rank? Maybe this is common knowledge, but I really don't know.

the "pros" dont post here....you can find them @

unrealnorth.com
    unrealna.com
    prounreal.com

Comment

There are no pro ut3 players anymore, really. There's one or two cash events for the game (i34 and fgl)

Comment

The pros couldnt hang with the skill level of UT3, a franchise ten years old and the 1 FPS of all time, according to many elite players. The top ranked playes in UT3 PS3 are focused on other games and sponsorships according to other sites.

Comment

Pros are all playing quake 3, a franchise 12 years old, and the #1 fps of all time, according to most other elite players. But the upcoming AGP Tour might change all that and get some pros playing UT3.

Comment

You should go play Quake right now.

Comment

How many people play UT 3 as a part (or full) time job? In other words, who gets paid to play UT 3? Because that's what "pro" means. Professional; as in professional football player or professional hitman.

Comment

lol @ people recommending quake on a ut board.

Also, yeah go play quake.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitch~Black View Post
                  How many people play UT 3 as a part (or full) time job? In other words, who gets paid to play UT 3? Because that's what "pro" means. Professional; as in professional football player or professional hitman.
                  I don't think there is anyone who makes a living off of playing video game at least not full time. Pro are just people really good at the game who attend tournies from time to time and make some cash from it. Anyone can attend these tournies and whoever wins takes the cash. and while there is no torunies no one is getting paid. there is no contract or anything like other sports. so you couldn't compare them to a pro football player. Fatal1ty has got to be the most successfull gamer ever winning many tournaments in different games, and I doubt that he played any given game as a full time job. I believe he made his own line of stuff for computers from the money he won at the tournies. I guess that is his main income nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Janes_Addiction- View Post
                    I don't think there is anyone who makes a living off of playing video game at least not full time. Pro are just people really good at the game who attend tournies from time to time and make some cash from it. Anyone can attend these tournies and whoever wins takes the cash. and while there is no torunies no one is getting paid. there is no contract or anything like other sports. so you couldn't compare them to a pro football player. Fatal1ty has got to be the most successfull gamer ever winning many tournaments in different games, and I doubt that he played any given game as a full time job. I believe he made his own line of stuff for computers from the money he won at the tournies. I guess that is his main income nowadays.
                    He dosn't make stuff he endorses it like a tennis or basketball palyer endorsing Nike etc.

In answer to the original question: Lol, you need a player base to get 'profesionals' from.

Comment

I earn about 200$ a month by playing in internet cafes with random people.
                      Didn't find any paid UT3 tourneys in my location yet.

Imo pro = have a sponsor.

Comment

I don't know. If I had the energy to be a pro at anything, I think I'd try something more conventional. Like music maybe, or competitive snack food eating. I can't imagine 'pro video gaming' as being anything much more than a flash in the pan from about ten years ago. Grist for an occasional marketing gimmick maybe, no more than that.

Comment

i gotta say, im not a pro at ut3 and somehow whn im face to face with someone in the game, im always shot to death with only 2-3 shots of a link gun for some reason, and im at 100 percent life, its just weird

Comment

Your probably lagging so bad that the guy can blow you away before you see the shots on your screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitch~Black View Post
                              hahaha... video games testers? (you have to be qualified in that area though)

who would pay someone to have fun when they get nothing out of it themselves... if i played day and night i cud be better but i dont so im not, who would want to live that life anyway... i like getting laid and none of my friends knowing i own a ps3 lol.

I make music for some games... mostly flash and java but the degree im doing could get me a job at EA or ubisoft or summin, if i ever meet some game testers ill definitely recommend a few ppl off here for console FPS.

Comment

Working...
                              X