Lock on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lock on

Why do the rockets only lock on now and again, is there a reason or is it somit i am not doing, i am not talking about avril the normal rocket

You have to hold the reticle on your target for a few seconds, then it locks on.

This is often kind of difficult to do.

Also, I sometimes find that, while I am concentrating on trying to do this, my target will approach rapidly and whack me with a flak cannon or something.

Or he may whip out a hitscan weapon and simply kill me from where he is.

But sometimes it is well worth a try.

Comment

He, other way round for me, sometimes i just spam my target for the pure fun of it, and get a lock by mistake and completely smash them!

And thats how the cookie crumbles, if you really want something then you probably better off wanting something else!

Comment

Yes I usually fire rockets 'from the hip,' mainly going for splash damage, just using the lock if it comes up by accident.

But sometimes I do find it possible to purposely line up the 'locked on' shot, and I like doing it if I can. I just have to be careful, because it seems a bit risky.

In fact I often try to resist the temptation, in a lot of cases.

Comment

Mine locked on once. Then I woke up and realized that I was late for work.

Comment

Also, it helps to rapidly press the alt fire instead of holding the primary. The latter disengages the lock each time you fire, where as far as I remember, the alt fire keeps the lock.

Still, mainly effective for faraway vehicles.

Comment

Locked-on triple rockets are great for taking out large vehicles, as they don't get a warning like from an Avril, plus they stay locked on forever, not just when you're directing them. A truly fire-and-forget weapon.

Comment

i will try that i am still susin stuff out hear, esp with my new mouse its hard to get use to...

Comment

yes i done it i have been tryin it out wow nice one lol

Comment

The thing I like about the rockets in UT3 is I can start loading up multiple rockets with secondary fire before getting a lock. The lock can come while I wait for the second or third rocket to load. In UT99 you had to get a lock before you started loading up multiple rockets. It's great now.

If I'm not taking a moment to load up extra rockets though I never bother with the lockon.

Comment

i hate the lock-on... defeats the point of being able to fire the rockets where u think ur target is going to move next.

Comment

Funny I've only rarely used the rl on vehicles. I should do that more often. I always just go get the avril for that.

I'm just intrigued with using the lock on foot people. I don't think that's so abnormal. I only rarely try it, but under a few circumstances I think it makes a lot of sense. Like if I'm down to 1 or 2 rockets and the guy is a fair distance away and I've already hit him once or twice and I'm pretty sure he's not going to pull the mini on me or something, well yeah. One good lock and he's finished.

Only bad thing is they can dodge it sometimes. I hate that.

Comment

Working...
                        X