Still Number 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.SecretAgentMan View Post
    HAZE is a Joke. Nero1 getr registerd on GAme Battles.com and help set up some ladders for competitve play. All the elites hang out there.
    are you getting paid by gamebattles.com? if not, you should be from all these posts your posting about it...

Comment

I think it's a great game!

Hey, I still find it fun even though you guys repeatedly splatter me against the walls!

Comment

wait 4 da patchez

Comment

I made a tweak thread months ago to help people play this game better so that there will be more people, but maybe it needs to get bumped. Check the sig.
          Even tho i made these tweaks with a weaker video card back then, I still play with the same settings even with a card thats 2x faster now.

Comment

all the discussions again ...

The game is awesome ... but there are sooo many things missing, that takes the fun out of UT3 ... even more ... thats frustrating ... PLUS ... EPIC stated, that they will do much more for consoles, instead of PC ... BUT they make an unreal contest ... where can you make MODS? on the PC right, and NOT on the console ... there are soo many things, that we /the community/ thing, aint worth to play it ...

Personally I would love to see many many players online, and that the game gets more competitive ... maybe after the next patch ... lets see ... but till now, everything is bugged in the game (for PC users).

Still ... love the game ...

Comment

Originally posted by BuFFY View Post
              all the discussions again ...

The game is awesome ... but there are sooo many things missing, that takes the fun out of UT3 ... even more ... thats frustrating ... PLUS ... EPIC stated, that they will do much more for consoles, instead of PC ... BUT they make an unreal contest ... where can you make MODS? on the PC right, and NOT on the console ... there are soo many things, that we /the community/ thing, aint worth to play it ...

Personally I would love to see many many players online, and that the game gets more competitive ... maybe after the next patch ... lets see ... but till now, everything is bugged in the game (for PC users).

Still ... love the game ...
              They said that.... They are designing.... their next engine for.... consoles because they know.... what console tech will be.... whereas they don't..... know what.... Pc tech..... will be at the..... same time.... of course the game..... will run on PC..... it's developed..... on a PC.....
              Gameplay is what..... matters.... and the gameplay rocks..... if you're so petty that you..... get caught up in.... little things, then you probably..... can't appreciate the game, anyway.

The rest of it doesn't matter. Just play the game. The fun isn't in the menus anyway, it's in the gameplay, and this easily has some of the best gameplay of the series. It's a shame that people are too reactionary and antagonistic to even give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by tWc_Harmerty View Post
                ^^^ what she said!!
                yes...she

Comment

I don't know what all of you are complaining about...NOTHING IS PERFECT!!
                  I must have every console in existence and hundreds of games, not ONE of them is perfect. All the games and consoles/PC's I have and this is the game I play! WHY? Because I have FUN playing it! After all isn't that why we all play games in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by Moloko View Post
                    Maybe after another patch or two everyone can join in this UT3 lovefest, for now however there are still far too many rough edges.
                    Indeed.

UT3 is the best FPS out there atm imo, saying that however theres far too many issues with the PS3 version, and Epic are taking their sweet time giving us the fixes and additions we need to make it the way it should be. In prespective the PS3 has only one patch atm with hardly any improvements been added, & the PC version has 2 patches out which add alot of new features us PS3 players havent and may never even see the light of day from (and this was all before the PS3 had one patch out).
                    I understand they have GOW2 and the xbox 360 version to work on but still, itd be nice to see the new features from the 1.2 patch for PC included on the PS3 before the next ice age, that might give me some incentive to start playing more again Untill then, Epic are slowly going down in my book & i used to think they were the gods of games back in the day... well sorry to say but, those days are truly over.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOGUN_1 View Post
                      Anybody else think UT3 is dominant over

all the other FPS offerings?
                      eeehm.....
                      no

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Dancer View Post
                        Sounds like you just need better machines.
                        Wow what a great developer philosophy.

Comment

Originally posted by Justme600 View Post
                          the only bad thing about UT3 is the very very very poor communtiy...
                          You are poorly mistaken and severely misguided. Even Epic themselves would have to disagree.

so the only thing UT3 is the community to accept progression and love this great game
                          (nice grammer) but sorry forced love is not real love, if anything it's a cruel thing. People play this game to have fun, if you expect them to have fun by accepting how bad it is (to them) then by that logic, every game should be fun. UT3 is by no means perfect, but I wouldn't call it enjoyable when there's a lot of things that get in the way and I can still have a good time in UT2004.

Comment

Originally posted by xi0s View Post
                            but I wouldn't call it enjoyable when there's a lot of things that get in the way...
                            Agreed...

Your girl may have the softest most beautiful breasts in existance. But what good are they if her breaths smells like a goats sphincter???

But I still do like UT3 by the way...

Comment

Originally posted by Justme600
                              the only bad thing about UT3 is the very very very poor communtiy...
                              Originally posted by xi0s
                              You are poorly mistaken and severely misguided. Even Epic themselves would have to disagree.
                              Please cut it. At least on the PC side, if 10% are ******** and the remaining 90% don't do anything about it, you have a poor community. What is very annoying is that the guys that improve it (modders, mappers, admins, and all kinds of mature people) are usually the most silent. The others that don't do ****, often just ***** and troll.

For new players: all these "it's good, bad, rocks, sucks" are irrelevant if this is the 1st UT that you play and you like the genre.
                              * it is a very good game, the 8 to 9/10 score that you see on the reviews is appropriate.
                              * I'm very happy that there is good support after I bought the game. Nice patching and there's already a bonus pack from Epic.
                              * It has this disadvantage: requires a decent CPU, I guess a single core Athlon 64 or P4 3GHz. The graphics card is not a big deal because you can lower the settings and some people enjoy the game even with a NV6600 or Radeon 9800 at 800x600 or more. My 2nd card has 64 MB and 32 bit bus (Vista Index = 1.0 ) and I can get 15 to 25 fps at 640x480! Just download the demo and play with 15 bots or so.
                              * UT is surrounded by drama, politics and finger pointing. For me it's much simpler: either I like the game, or I don't.
                              * These days it's very easy to pick a few bad things and say that everything is wrong, ignoring the hundreds that are right, fun and kickass
                              * PC or console player, you will be as enthusiastic about it, like older players are about other popular and well known games.

There are at least 3 things you can do:
                              * Download the demo to get used to part of the game. I really dunno wtf were they thinking though, because it is a poor selection of features, a lot was left out and that vCTF map has poor graphics IMHO. The full game is way better.
                              - Also read multiple game reviews. As I said, I guess the score will be from 8 to 9 or so. But the next item which is not there, is the best part.
                              - Look at this forum and take a look at the custom content you can use:
                              http://forums.epicgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=335 Also, there will be a 1000000$ Make Something Unreal Contest where people come out with amazing stuff. This is all for free, unlike lame payware expansion packs

Comment

Its the best game in the world too bad sales say otherwise

Comment

Working...
                                X