• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Bret Hart View Post
    Was UT2003 "Finished"? It too had alot of problems

You people seem to forget that quickly.
    See I don't agree with that but then again I don't play online. But for the offline player UT2K3 had a much better UI and way better bot and team setup interfaces. Also at least the SP portion was a tournament where you could choose the team you wanted which is a lot more fun than the current SP campaign imo (and many others tbf). And actually after the same time period UT2k3 was more stable and had way more content.

But I also realize a lot of folks never liked UT2K3 but for many people it was what got them into UT since a lot of people did miss out on UT when it originally came out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Luseferous View Post
    I don't think people forgot they just didn't expect a repeat.
    Sometimes, you get what you don't expect. Tis life.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Bret Hart View Post

I don't think people forgot they just didn't expect a repeat.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Centurion View Post
    c:\epic\games\not-finished\ut3.exe

Leave a comment:

• replied
    c:\epic\games\not-finished\ut3.exe

Leave a comment:

• replied
    does anyone else here have the feeling that ut3 has alot in common with quake 3? from the fast paced nature, to the way the rocket travel speed and even the art direction in a few levels. sentinal looks like it came straight outta that game imo

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yea the dodge jump being taken out is hella lame. the movement of 2k4 was amazing. allowed you to be creative

Leave a comment:

• replied
    irc.gameradius.net #ut3tdm #ut3ctf

about 100 people idle there

Leave a comment:

• replied
    whats the irc channel?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    the (T)DM gameplay in UT3 is the best of the series btw.

can't say that about evrything, but i find DM a lot better now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The learning curve is nowhere near as hard as 2k4. The two main hitscans, the Sniper and the Shock were replaced with awkward ones, so the pros wouldnt be able to completely obliterate the new players. The adrenaline and better shooting translocator were taken out, and now CTF will never be the same again, especially now since we only have 6 stock maps, and the 2 Bonus Pack ones, most if which, sadly, people hate. And of course, the dodge-jump was taken out, which has scared away all of the UT hardcore DMers. This has increased the power of the Rocket and Flak in DM now, again scaring away the good hit-scanning players but realing in the newer, less expeirenced players. The result? Everybody leaving the original gametypes and going off to play vCTF & WAR with UT3's newly featured Necris vehicles, or flat out refusing to play UT3 and going back to 2k4.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by starbug View Post
    i bought the game despite being told it was almost dead. Im new to UT3 and its bloody hard to not get constantly killed. Having said that im a long time gamer on sum hardcore games, but i think maybe a part of the reason UT3 isnt so popular is that its so hard to compete at first? Im a little better now, but still die more than kill. All good fun though
    I agree with starbug. It has a hard learning curve. I think it will keep building and building the online player #s. That's what it seems ta be doing. I don't really care too much, cause when i go online ta play there are always players there. And i don't need thousands of players ta play, just like, say, 9 or more at a time.
    Difficult learning curve is good in the longrun. UT3 is hard ta learn at first, but well worth the challenge.
    Hey RoadKillGrill: what's with the COD4 propaganda spread. Mmmh?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i bought the game despite being told it was almost dead. Im new to UT3 and its bloody hard to not get constantly killed. Having said that im a long time gamer on sum hardcore games, but i think maybe a part of the reason UT3 isnt so popular is that its so hard to compete at first? Im a little better now, but still die more than kill. All good fun though

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Everyone is hiding in IRC, you can also see all the "invisible" games there.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    well thats disappointing, 0 players in every server lol...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X