Run up walls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run up walls?

Do you guys think that you should be able to run up walls in UT3? I think it would make the game that much more extreme. Seeing players run up a wall and then wall dodge over you while releasing their load of rockets on you would be rad.

The Matrix is that way --->

Comment

That sounds like it would be an awesome mutator. Of course all of the stock maps wouldn't work right because they aren't designed for that. You'd be running up and down invisible blocking volumes all day .

Comment

Heh I remember using the Matrix Moves mutator (which allowed running on walls, freezing in mid air, and rolls that actually made your view window roll) in combination with the Bullet Time mutator (bloody wonderful... slow bullets, slow bots ^^), back with UT99. It was tough to find smooth running surfaces back then... I could only imagine now.

Comment

Sounds great for lowgrav, would be silly for normal grav.

Comment

yeh and the laddervolume is still broken, ComeON EPIC!

Comment

Quit complaining and fix it then, genius.

Comment

The RPG Mutator from BigBattleServer does this.
                http://bigbattleservers.com/battlerpg.php

Check the Player Manual - it shows you how to do it ... It is called: SpiderPig

Comment

Originally posted by Rhykker View Post
                  Heh I remember using the Matrix Moves mutator (which allowed running on walls, freezing in mid air, and rolls that actually made your view window roll) in combination with the Bullet Time mutator (bloody wonderful... slow bullets, slow bots ^^), back with UT99. It was tough to find smooth running surfaces back then... I could only imagine now.
                  That mut was amazing. Using that in '99 with a map like "Outdoors" was insane. People running up walls and rocketing you...madness that was. Sad no one is rebuilding it.

Comment

Working...
                  X