Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Xandros View Post
    Wait, you can uninstall those drivers and not have an adverse effects? Why are they installed at all then? Doesn't that kind of make it absolutely pointless to have them force installed on systems without a physx card?
    it is useles indeed
    if you own a physx card then you have the driver installed already- maybe even a newer version
    if you don't have one you won't need the driver

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [qote]Wait, you can uninstall those drivers and not have an adverse effects? Why are they installed at all then? Doesn't that kind of make it absolutely pointless to have them force installed on systems without a physx card?
    [/quote]

alot about UT3 is pointless. but i digress.

"I'm gonna do this drinking a beer" - Mark Rein

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wait, you can uninstall those drivers and not have an adverse effects? Why are they installed at all then? Doesn't that kind of make it absolutely pointless to have them force installed on systems without a physx card?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I uninstalled the drivers
    Absolutely no problems

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Uninstalling Ageia PhysX drivers will not effect your game in anyway.
    (Unless of course, you have the card, then I'd recommend keeping them)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by roleki View Post
    I have a PhysX card, and didn't notice a whole lot of perceptible difference between Hardware Physics checked & unchecked, although I do get slightly better framerates with it enabled.

EDIT: \/\/\/\/ Nah, just unchecked the option for hardware physics. I guess the roundabout point I was trying to make was that if disabling hardware physics acceleration doesn't make a lot of difference, then the software must really be doing a TON of the work, and that makes sense to me. If I were a developer implementing PhysX, I'd bank more on the software doing the work before I'd assume the end-users would adopt proprietary hardware to do it.
    It's either done in software or done in hardware. When you turn on the hardware, the Ageia PhysX card does the work. This reduces the load on the cpu. Typically, you will see up to a 15 fps increase on higher end systems on the standaed maps. You cannot play the PhysX maps, lighthouse, tornado, or heatray without the hardware. Well, maybe the heatray PhysX mod if you have an ultra high end system.

As far as uninstalling the stuff that came with UT3, you could uninstall it and see if the game still runs. Is there a reason you need it gone? I would think that it's there for a reason, unless it's a working UT3 version of the hardware driver because the drivers that come with the cards do not work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yeah you only get use out of it on the physX enabled maps like tornado

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It makes a fair difference if you play on PhysX heavy maps, such as CTF-Lighthouse.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    did you uninstall the drivers?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have a PhysX card, and didn't notice a whole lot of perceptible difference between Hardware Physics checked & unchecked, although I do get slightly better framerates with it enabled.

EDIT: \/\/\/\/ Nah, just unchecked the option for hardware physics. I guess the roundabout point I was trying to make was that if disabling hardware physics acceleration doesn't make a lot of difference, then the software must really be doing a TON of the work, and that makes sense to me. If I were a developer implementing PhysX, I'd bank more on the software doing the work before I'd assume the end-users would adopt proprietary hardware to do it.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Ageia PhysX: is it needed?

Ageia PhysX: is it needed?

Anyone Uninstalled the PhysX drivers bundled with UT3? I've heard that it doesn't affect how UT3 performs. Maybe it only does something with the PhysX cards.
Working...
X